East Regional: #1 Denver v. #4 RIT; #2 Cornell v. #3 New Hampshire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: East Regional: #1 Denver v. #4 RIT; #2 Cornell v. #3 New Hampshire

just wanted to notify everyone that the games start at 3 not 330.

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
      Don't remember doing that when I was a student. Hmmm, maybe it was the pre-parties before the games
      It's a recent thing.

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
        I originally said:Was surprised Cornell did "home of the Red" in the SSB. WCHA fans are only used to home of the sioux, which is annoying enough.

So you're the one who started all this!!!!!
        "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
        Tom Serratore

Comment

Originally posted by LackofSuCCess View Post
          Denver lacks the intensity and physical presence to win in playoff hockey. They were physically manhandled by Wisconsin and North Dakota last week in St. Paul--if RIT DOESN'T BEAT THEM [which they will] then CORNELL sure as hell will.

OH and don't forget: FIRE SCOTTY OWENS
          Who is this guy???
          "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
          Tom Serratore

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
            Fixed you post, actually it was RPI I believe, funny story on that cheer was that the long time DJ Hawk aka the Grim Reaper never liked the fact that we "borrowed" that cheer and used to try and play over the cheer when he was the DJ....
            ah yeah, i knew it looked funny... miss the days of cheers at RIT... little different when I went to grad school at Northeastern... cheers aren't quite as nerdy, which I miss
            2004-2005 D-II/III Last Person Standing Co-Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Dmann View Post
              Who is this guy???
              He's a little short guy with a big resentment that matches his font. The last time CC won a national tourney, I wasn't even born and I'm three days older than baseball.
              Go Pioneers!

Comment

Any word on who the refs will be for the games? Just curious . . .

UNH is bringing their band, and the majority of noise will most likely come from that section. I will be very surprised if Denver sends their band (cost), but I would assume both Cornell and RIT will -- although if the Big Red band goes to 'Cuse instead, I'm good with it

For me, bands are one of the things that make college hockey. A lot of times, they are the only representatives of the student section that are able to travel 'en masse', and they bring their energy with them. As far as I'm concerned, the LESS piped in music, the better. Let teach band play every other time out!
                I haven't been on here in a year...
                Now I'm a dad. Holy crap.

Comment

I'd be shocked if the Cornell band wasn't there. The game against Kentucky is Thursday night in Syracuse...short bus ride to Albany from there on Friday and if need be (doing some serious finger crossing and praying here) could drive back or split squad to go back to Syracuse Saturday

Comment

By the way...I've only been on this site a few years, but in that time this has been the most informative, well-mannered thread I've seen, involving multiple fan bases (although this might be because there are so few Cornellian contributors on USCHO).

keep it up!!

(of course I know this jinxes it...I'll sit back and wait for the arguments of who's girls are hotter and which school is ranked better now )

Comment

Originally posted by unhpuckfan2001 View Post
                      As far as I'm concerned, the LESS piped in music, the better.
                      Absolutely. Leave it and the "let's get ready to rummmmble" infantile PA announcers to the pros. (Or better yet, get rid of it entirely.)
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by BigRedTerrier View Post
                        By the way...I've only been on this site a few years, but in that time this has been the most informative, well-mannered thread I've seen, involving multiple fan bases (although this might be because there are so few Cornellian contributors on USCHO).

keep it up!!

(of course I know this jinxes it...I'll sit back and wait for the arguments of who's girls are hotter and which school is ranked better now )
                        I was thinking the same thing. It's a refreshing change from so many other threads. I think it's partially because of the unfamiliarity of the teams / posters with each other. I like these threads, where it's as much about getting to know the other team you're playing, and the area (I've never been to Albany).

I've also noticed, despite their rabid fan base and loyalty, and how well they travel, there are few Big Red posters on here. But with basketball, men's and women's hockey in the NCAAs, who has the time?

Cornell has the hottest girls -- I know CU@UNH09, and she wins, hands down.

Wait, my wife posted on here earlier. Crap, looks like a couch slept night for me.

Um, RIT shouldn't even be in this tournament. And DU is WAY overrated..

Comment

I'd be shocked if the Cornell band wasn't there. The game against Kentucky is Thursday night in Syracuse...short bus ride to Albany from there on Friday and if need be (doing some serious finger crossing and praying here) could drive back or split squad to go back to Syracuse Saturday
                          I'm glad I'm not their bus driver . . .

Comment

Would want massive overtime pay.
                            2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                            2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                            2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                            2010 Frozen Four participant
                            2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

UNH is bringing their band, and the majority of noise will most likely come from that section. I will be very surprised if Denver sends their band (cost), but I would assume both Cornell and RIT will -- although if the Big Red band goes to 'Cuse instead, I'm good with it

For me, bands are one of the things that make college hockey. A lot of times, they are the only representatives of the student section that are able to travel 'en masse', and they bring their energy with them. As far as I'm concerned, the LESS piped in music, the better. Let teach band play every other time out!
                              RIT is sending their band. We're also sending 2 full fan buses, and many other students / alumni are making the drive as well. Should be a great atmosphere there Friday!

Comment

No worries, the band takes the short bus.
                                Originally posted by moe24
                                Thread over... REDRocket wins!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X