Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The official "My team got screwed" thread for the 2010 NCAA Tunament (attn newbies)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The official "My team got screwed" thread for the 2010 NCAA Tunament (attn newbies)

Before starting your own thread, please view this public service announcement.

Please allow this thread to serve as your place to complain about the PWR, the committee, the smoke-filled room or your misinformed views about why undeserving teams like Alabama-Huntsville, RIT and Bemidji stole your team's spot. This is also a good place to ***** about your coach, the referees, the RPI formula, KRACH and the entire process.

This version of the thread even promises entertaining topics such as the Big Ten Hockey Conference, Joe Thornton being traded, Giada's Melons, Merrimack being kicked out of Hockey Rast, #26 Union, the playoff chances of St, Clooud, a symposium on the many hackings of Freddy Meyer and the always-popular college hockey video game.

We have the Waambulance standing by and extra tissues handy.

*****http://i28.***********.com/albums/c206/zimmie123/waambulance.jpg******
    *****http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/447/kleenex5e24f2crs1.jpg******

We also have several types of cheese to go along with whatever whine you prefer. We promise you'll get your just desevrings!

What are the odds this works?

Re: The official "My team got screwed" thread for the 2010 NCAA Tunament (attn newbies)

Originally posted by Priceless
    Please allow this thread to serve as your place to complain about the PWR, the committee, the smoke-filled room or your misinformed views about why undeserving teams like Alabama-Huntsville, RIT and Bemidji stole your team's spot. This is also a good place to ***** about your coach, the referees, the RPI formula, KRACH and the entire process.
    Fire Jamie Russell!

Originally posted by Priceless
    This version of the thread even promises entertaining topics such as the Big Ten Hockey Conference, Joe Thornton being traded, Giada's Melons, Merrimack being kicked out of Hockey Rast, #26 Union, the playoff chances of St, Clooud, a symposium on the many hackings of Freddy Meyer and the always-popular college hockey video game.

We have the Waambulance standing by and extra tissues handy.
    *****http://i28.***********.com/albums/c206/zimmie123/waambulance.jpg******
    *****http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/447/kleenex5e24f2crs1.jpg******

What are the odds this works?[/QUOTE]

Slim to none.
    Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 03-21-2010, 12:24 AM.

Comment

Re: The official "My team got screwed" thread for the 2010 NCAA Tunament (attn newbies)

Umm, I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore?

Alaska shouldn't get a team in the tourney. They're not even from here, they're half Russian and half Canadian! Bunch a cheese-eating wanna-be surrender monkeys who drink too much vodka while curtsying to a queen.

I'm so confused!?!?
      Bulldog Hockey: 2011 National Champions! Finally!!!

Comment

Re: The official "My team got screwed" thread for the 2010 NCAA Tunament (attn newbie

Where is that newbie guide? Did bronconick have a link to it?
        'If a man wants to eat fried chicken, he's gotta get greasy.' - Kenny Rogers

Fighting Sioux Hockey: Highest NCAA Playoff Winning Percentage

There's no more pompous group of sports fans in the Twin Cities than hardcore followers of Gophers men's hockey. That makes it quite entertaining to see them in full pout after an unexpected elimination from the NCAA tournament. - Reusse

Comment

Don't forget the East Coast conspiracy!

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

So MN was scared of the PWR, Freddy Meyer, & participating in the college hockey video game so they tanked the season? Sweet melons of swoon I get it now!

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
            And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
            Twenty red lights in his honor
            Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

I'm ticked about the RPI formula: refs screw over RPI in some of the games. Does that count?

Comment

There are going to be a lot of teams that are glad they dont have to face Maine. They shouldn't be there based on their record, but they would have been a tough out in the NCAAs.
                Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Fire Jim.......

Wait.

No, I'm good for now.
                  "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

I feel for Yale, man. That was quite the hose job.

Comment

It isn't my team, but I feel a little sore for FSU. Your last 2 L's were 1 goal games against tourney teams. You got bumped by two 17-win Hockey East teams. Yuck. GL next year.
                      Anybody but Northern

Comment

obviously HEA is the be-all, end-all for conference superiority!!!

what other conference played an 8th place finisher in the field with an AT-LARGE BID!?!?!?!?!!?

a-HA! y'all sux!

a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

FIRE BOB DANIELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

still don't know how it makes sense that Alaska is in and Ferris or UMD are not. Garbage, but then again so was the entire second half of Ferris's season!!!!

Comment

We're all getting screwed by ESPN.

I just looked ahead and only select games are on ESPNU - none on ESPN2 or ESPNCL. And the really good news? The game on Saturday is preceded by a lacrosse game.

Timeout Maryland!

Comment

Re: The official "My team got screwed" thread for the 2010 NCAA Tunament (attn newbie

Originally posted by Junkyard Dawg View Post
                              still don't know how it makes sense that Alaska is in and Ferris or UMD are not. Garbage, but then again so was the entire second half of Ferris's season!!!!
                              Simple math.
                              Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Working...
                              X