X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plattsburgh State Hockey 2010-11

The progress continues.

WOW, talk about beating expectations, the Cardinals, always a force to be reckoned with, took a predominately freshman class, with an all freshman goalie line-up to the NCAA Semi-Finals, what a way to beat those expectations.

Consistently throughout the 2009-10 season, coach Emery said, “We are a work in progress”, well let the progress continue.

New Recruits - as reported thru 3/27/10:
    COBB, Daniel
    DEVEREAUX, Brad
    FALOTICO, Blair
    FARNAN, Ryan
    ROYTMAN, Barry
    Last edited by norm1909; 03-29-2010, 07:47 PM.
    Larry Normandin
    SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
    WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Re: Plattsburgh State Hockey 2010-11

Bill started us off in the previous thread with:

Originally posted by Bill-R- View Post
    Two recruits to report so far: 1 new 1 old.

DEVEREAUX, Brad
    Position: Defense
    Height: 6-1
    Weight: 230
    DOB: N/A
    Hometown: Duxbury, MA
    Previous Team: Winchendon (NEPS)
    Statistics: N/A

FARNAN, Ryan
    Position: Forward
    Weight: 170
    DOB: 9/9/90
    Hometown: Clifton Park, NY
    Previous Team: Syracuse Stars (EJHL)
    Statistics: GP:44 28G-31A-59PTS PIM:48
    Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

I've watched Plattsburgh for many years. This is a young team that will learn from its mistakes. With a home schedule next year and another year of experience, they will be a force to be reckoned with. Norwich barely beat them and it took a lot of luck to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
        Bill started us off in the previous thread with:
        FALOTICO, Blair
        Height: 5-10
        Weight: 175
        DOB: 9/17/89
        Hometown: Toronto, Ontario
        Previous Team: Pickering Panthers (CCHL)
        Statistics: GP:50 17G-35A-52PTS PIM:24

ROYTMAN, Barry
        Position: Defense
        Height: 5-11
        DOB: 10/13/1989
        Hometown: Staten Island, NY
        Previous Team: Kanata (CJHL)
        Statistics: GP:60 3G-30A-33PTS PIM:49

More to come.

Comment

One has to love the positive spin of norm's post, e.g. "a work in progress".

Actually, Plattsburg posted a dozen freshmen out of twenty six players named in the Div III Final Four Program Roster as did Oswego State. Norwich came to town with with eleven while St. Norbert's had but seven Freshmen. All together there were 42 Freshmen out of 104 participants from the four clubs in Lake Placid which translates roughly to 40.3% of them were freshmen.

Oh you can count on one thing, all these kids will be spending a lot of time squaring off against each other over the next three years. Bottom line--we are all winners and we are all "works in progress" so to speak.

Great game PSU. I want you to know, I am becoming as fond of Plattsburg as I have always been about Middlebury (and I mean that with all sincerity). You fans always seem to think positively. Your team always give our Cadets a tough game without any cheap nonsense just as you did this past Friday. You love your team but most of all the game and those that play it. See you folks next year fighting for a top spot. Thanks again for a great season.
          Old Rook NU'66--Roll On Cadets
          Organized crime in America takes in over forty billion dollars a year and spends very little on office supplies.

Comment

FARNAN, Ryan
            DOB: 9/9/90
            Hometown: Clifton Park, NY
            Previous Team: Syracuse Stars (EJHL)
            Statistics: GP:44 28G-31A-59PTS PIM:48
            Player who played HS with this guy says he's a good kid with a lot of finesse, knows how to score some big goals, and should fit in real well with the Cardinals.
            Plattsburgh CARDINALS
            SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
            ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
            NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
            NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
            NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
            NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by Old Rook NU'66 View Post
              One has to love the positive spin of norm's post, e.g. "a work in progress".

Actually, Plattsburg posted a dozen freshmen out of twenty six players named in the Div III Final Four Program Roster as did Oswego State. Norwich came to town with with eleven while St. Norbert's had but seven Freshmen. All together there were 42 Freshmen out of 104 participants from the four clubs in Lake Placid which translates roughly to 40.3% of them were freshmen.

Oh you can count on one thing, all these kids will be spending a lot of time squaring off against each other over the next three years. Bottom line--we are all winners and we are all "works in progress" so to speak.

Great game PSU. I want you to know, I am becoming as fond of Plattsburg as I have always been about Middlebury (and I mean that with all sincerity). You fans always seem to think positively. Your team always give our Cadets a tough game without any cheap nonsense just as you did this past Friday. You love your team but most of all the game and those that play it. See you folks next year fighting for a top spot. Thanks again for a great season.
              Thank you, I feel the same about Norwich (except swap Oswego for Middlebury), without great teams, there could be no great games.
              Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
                Thank you, I feel the same about Norwich (except swap Oswego for Middlebury), without great teams, there could be no great games.
                Well said.
                Old Rook NU'66--Roll On Cadets
                Organized crime in America takes in over forty billion dollars a year and spends very little on office supplies.

Comment

i think all the 4 teams tht were there this year will be very good canidates to be there again... exspecially norwich and plattsburgh..

Comment

Originally posted by kylemiller View Post
                    i think all the 4 teams tht were there this year will be very good canidates to be there again... exspecially norwich and plattsburgh..
                    please, please, please, just read the boards on here and don't post. if you thought we were "mean" to you on bills board then your in for a world of hurt on here with your posts.
                    Jim Reisdorf
                    Standing on the Rail #59

jim@loremans.com contact me for all your custom embroidery, engraving and screen printing needs! check out our website... www.loremans.com

Romney will be missed by all that have been there for the great match ups between Platty and 'Wego!!!

After Closing out Romney the right way, We opened the new rink the right way.... another loss for the Lakers!

St. Louis is a BUM!!!!

Go Sabres!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kylemiller View Post
                      I do hope you listen to Jim on this one, buddy. I know you've been reading these boards for a while.I'm sure you've seen how Pioneers#1 was treated, and I'm sure you've noticed that he hasn't posted in quite some time except to play the Pick 'Ems.

Now, compare the way you word your posts on The Nest, and the types of questions you ask and the types of comments you make, with the posts of Pioneers#1. I'm sure if you do that you will get an idea really quickly of how some members of this board will treat you here.

No offense, but you might be better off sticking to reading.
                      Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                      SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                      ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                      NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                      NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                      NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                      NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

ok i will take yur advice im all new to this type stuff even on the nest so ill try kk thanks guys

Comment

Originally posted by LoudHorns31 View Post
                          please, please, please, just read the boards on here and don't post. if you thought we were "mean" to you on bills board then your in for a world of hurt on here with your posts.
                          yoooooooo...board bully.........nice.......see ya next yr at the CC...'-)

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                            yoooooooo...board bully.........nice.......see ya next yr at the CC...'-)
                            hahaha I'm no board bully, I just know how some people on here can be and I know that Kyle is a young kid who is always looking for answers. and yeah, I'll be at the CC next year..... hopefully I'll be on the happy end this time!
                            Jim Reisdorf
                            Standing on the Rail #59

jim@loremans.com contact me for all your custom embroidery, engraving and screen printing needs! check out our website... www.loremans.com

Romney will be missed by all that have been there for the great match ups between Platty and 'Wego!!!

After Closing out Romney the right way, We opened the new rink the right way.... another loss for the Lakers!

St. Louis is a BUM!!!!

Go Sabres!!!

Comment

SUNY to rein in sports after Binghamton scandal (Article from the Plattsburgh Press-Republican 3/23/2010)

A SUNY investigation of problems in the men's basketball program at Binghamton University will lead to system-wide changes.

By MICHAEL GORMLEY
                              Associated Press Writer

ALBANY — The chancellor of New York's public university system on Tuesday recommended tighter control of school sports as a result of the four-month investigation that found state Binghamton University officials failed to act when problems arose in its men's basketball program.

Those findings included dubious enrollments and lax enforcement of academic standards for athletes.

State University of New York Chancellor Nancy Zimpher presented a plan to hire a senior adviser on athletics and to give a stronger voice to faculty and staff on how the athletic departments work at Binghamton and other SUNY schools.

She wants faculty to have an open channel for dissent and appeal of decisions regarding athletes and their education.

"The great academic reputation of Binghamton University is central to our interest and concern," she told the SUNY Board of Trustees. The scandal "is of great concern to me and to the sport."

She said she considers it her responsibility to provide greater oversight of college sports systemwide. As president of the University of Cincinnati, she made national headlines for forcing out Bob Huggins as men's basketball coach in 2005, demanding that the school recruit players who were serious students.

A $900,000 report issued last month by an independent investigator, former state Chief Judge Judith Kaye, recommended an "athletic oversight officer" for SUNY who would report on admissions, rules compliance and the academic progress and behavior of student-athletes.

The report concluded that Binghamton's academic integrity was sacrificed after the school stepped up in 2001 from Division III, typically for students without plans for pro careers, to Division I, big-time college athletics that can bring millions of dollars to a school through television deals, alumni contributions, merchandising and other sources.

Zimpher appointed Binghamton University professor Charles "Roger" Westgate to serve as the special adviser for the SUNY system, at least temporarily filling that role until there is a permanent hire. He is a professor of electrical and computer engineering.

In October, six men were kicked off Binghamton's men's basketball team, one after his arrest on cocaine charges. Longtime athletic director Joel Thirer resigned within a week. Coach Kevin Broadus was then suspended with pay from his $217,000 job after the university self-reported recruiting violations to the NCAA. There were also allegations that an athletics department employee had pressured an adjunct lecturer into giving preferential treatment to an athlete.

Binghamton President Lois B. DeFleur announced her resignation in January, effective at the end of July.

Zimpher said DeFleur, who was aware of the academic and social improprieties and initially did nothing about them, will be replaced by an interim president with experience in dealing with Division I athletics. The permanent president to be chosen in a national search will also have big-time sports experience, she said.

The cost of the investigative report was paid from Binghamton University's foundation and SUNY's Research Foundation, which is supposed to fund scientific and high-technology research that could lead to revenue from patents and jobs. No tuition or taxpayer money was used.
                              Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Working...
                              X