PDA

View Full Version : 3/20 - Hockey East Final - Boston College vs. Maine - Welcome Back Party

Pages : 1 [2]

Onion Man
03-20-2010, 09:31 PM
That may have been one of the most entertaining games I've ever seen. Congratulations to Boston College and to Maine, too. Thanks to both teams for finally giving us some good hockey in that building.

billb
03-20-2010, 09:41 PM
Congratulations to both teams for making the finals and for making it such a great hockey game. I've watched this final game for many years, and I think the outcome of the game reflects so many things: the talent of the individual players, the attitude of these players, the chemistry among the players, and the coaching, which provides the framework within which the players play. So, of course, with all other things being equal, we must salute Jerry York again. He is head and shoulders above the rest the best coach in Hockey East.
I also hope that the success of the UMaine team this year squelches the criticism directed at Mr. Whitehead. UMaine were impressive tonight.

Onion Man
03-20-2010, 09:46 PM
Congratulations to both teams for making the finals and for making it such a great hockey game. I've watched this final game for many years, and I think the outcome of the game reflects so many things: the talent of the individual players, the attitude of these players, the chemistry among the players, and the coaching, which provides the framework within which the players play. So, of course, with all other things being equal, we must salute Jerry York again. He is head and shoulders above the rest the best coach in Hockey East.
I also hope that the success of the UMaine team this year squelches the criticism directed at Mr. Whitehead. UMaine were impressive tonight.

Maine hockey is back

steakbomb
03-20-2010, 09:53 PM
Maine hockey is back

i was going to say back on the map but anyone with a sense of history knows they already were there...HE at the garden is that much more enjoyable when the maine fans are a part of it.....good season

sterlippo1
03-20-2010, 09:57 PM
thanks for bringing life back to the Garden for the HE Tourney, U Maine and fans, please come back next year

Scarlet
03-20-2010, 10:06 PM
Well, that was a fun game. Kudos to Maine for staying with BC the whole and never giving up. Congrats to BC. I have to think that entertaining battle will get you primed for the NCAAs.

Rover
03-20-2010, 10:38 PM
Congrats to BC. Once again and as always, a York coached team showed up in the post season and grinded out a win. Although, he may want to reconsider how much playing time Muse gets from here on out.

Also, lots to like out of Maine's effort. They showed a lot more heart than my Terriers did. Is this the turnaround in the program after a few down years?

joegrav
03-21-2010, 12:54 AM
Tip of the cap, Maine - team and fans. Best fans in Hockey East = Maine. Is there even any doubt?

Thiessen'sBetter
03-21-2010, 01:11 AM
Tip of the cap, Maine - team and fans. Best fans in Hockey East = Maine. Is there even any doubt?

No doubt at all. A large majority of the Maine fans stayed and gave a round of applause to BC as well as their Maine guys. Really classy on their part. I had some great conversations with some of the Maine fans as well, they really do know and love their hockey. I also had a good laugh when the first thing out of one Maine's fans mouth after Lombardi scored in OT was "Hey, at least it wasn't BU".

As for the game, it was a really entertaining game for someone who didn't have a strong rooting interest. Maine showed tremendous heart continuing to answer BC. I couldn't help wonder if Darling had not been suspended if the outcome would have been different, since Wilson let in some very, very soft goals. On the other hand, Maine probably wouldn't have been in the championship game without Wilson's quality play. Oh, and the Wings must be salivating over Gus Nyquist; his passing and creativity skills are unrivaled by anyone else currently in HE.

Zudnic
03-21-2010, 01:14 AM
Maine is definitely back. That House-Nyquist-Diamond line is sick. Could be the hot pick to win the league next year when the preseason prognostications come out.

bcfan131
03-21-2010, 01:15 AM

Nope. They showed us "who is house" the Garden was this weekend. I also really respect the Maine fans who stayed to watch the award presentation (I understand that's a difficult thing to watch, especially considering how your team lost). Heck, I'm not even sure I would've stayed around if Maine had won. Really dedicated and classy fans.

Maine really impressed me this weekend. It's a shame they won't be playing in the NCAAs. If any team had seen them in their side of the bracket they would be shaking their boots.

InsideHockey
03-21-2010, 01:19 AM
Postgame Videos from Tim Rosenthal and Biz Jacobs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6im2fV9V1Mc (Maine Postgame)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFI6b6V9OLo (BC Postgame)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hndsVjy4qzU (Postgame Extra)

gusforhobey89
03-21-2010, 02:12 AM
First off, congrats to BC, the better team without a doubt, talent wise. As for my Black Bears, keep it up in the years to come, good things to come from this young, inexperienced squad. Can't wait for next season, Im 90% sure we'll be back at the Gahhhdin rooting for our boys to do the best they can, hopefully with a different result.

J.D.
03-21-2010, 02:51 AM
Muse certainly wasn't great, but that is one of the best offensive teams in the country. You have to play him in the regionals.

Maine has a lot of talented players coming back next year. Settle the goaltending situation and I think they can be back in the big tourney.