Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All things Denver XXVII: From Boonetown to Motown - It's not a Ford, it's a Chevy!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All things Denver XXVII: From Boonetown to Motown - It's not a Ford, it's a Chevy!

Let's roll!

Mini me on post game now.

Actually was Steve Miller, Stickney choked again. LOL.
    Last edited by co14ers; 03-19-2010, 09:52 PM.
    DU Pioneer Hockey. National Champions: 1958, 1960, 1961, 1968, 1969, 2004, 2005
    sigpic
    WCHA arenas I have visited: Magness, Kohl, Sullivan, National Hockey Center, DECC, Cleveland Steamer World Arena (CSWA)

Thanks for your friendship Jimbo!!!

Re: All things Denver XXVII: From Boonetown to Motown - It's not a Ford, it's a Chevy!

Scores from tonight

Code:
    CCHA Tournament 
    Northern Michigan   5  vs. Ferris State   4  ot     
    Michigan   5  vs. Miami   2  

ECAC Tournament 
    St. Lawrence   1  vs. Union   3
    Brown   0  vs. Cornell   3  

HEA Tournament 
    Vermont   0  vs. Boston College   3  
    Maine  5   vs. Boston University  2  

AHA Tournament 
    Air Force   1  vs. Sacred Heart   2  
    Canisius   0  vs. RIT   4  

WCHA Tournament 
    North Dakota   4  vs. Denver   3  
    St. Cloud State   2  vs. Wisconsin   0
    Last edited by du78; 03-19-2010, 10:31 PM.
    DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Re: All things Denver XXVII: From Boonetown to Motown - It's not a Ford, it's a Chevy!

You slightly misquoted my cheer Todd but I'll let you slide this time.

Comment

Re: All things Denver XXVII: From Boonetown to Motown - It's not a Ford, it's a Chevy

If I ever hear those announcers again I'm going to kill myself!!! Woog was incomprehesable the whole night and the other clown was so unbelievably biased it was disgusting . I can see if it had been against Minny, but UND ****!!!!! I think I'm more ****ed off about them than I am about the game
        "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
        Tom Serratore

Comment

Pairwise #s 1, 2 and 3 all lost today.

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

Comment

Maiani out tomorrow according to Gwoz via Kevin Allenspach Twitter:

http://***********/KevinAllenspach

Comment

Re: All things Denver XXVII: From Boonetown to Motown - It's not a Ford, it's a Chevy

Other DU quotes via Allensbach's Twitter:

Gwozdecky: Margin for success in this league is so small ... they got the lead and that's so important to developing confidence and momentum

Gwozdecky: Maiani injured and won't play Saturday.

DU coach George Gwozdecky: I think you saw a team that wore green tonight that really wanted it much more than we did. They were sharp ...

Ruegsegger: To be honest, it was embarrassing tonight. We have to take pride in the crest on the front of our jersey tomorrow (against UW)
              DU's Tyler Ruegsegger: UND "out-competed us." We didn't have the effort we wanted to have. North Dakota's a hard-working team.

DU's Rhett Rakhshani: Our effort was not quite there. We weren't making the kind of plays we wanted to make and it was a domino effect.

Comment

Originally posted by Jori_DSF View Post
                Maiani out tomorrow according to Gwoz via Kevin Allenspach Twitter:

http://***********/KevinAllenspach
                It's a meaningless game, he should sit out!!!
                "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
                Tom Serratore

Comment

Originally posted by Dmann View Post
                  If I ever hear those announcers again I'm going to kill myself!!! Woog was incomprehesable the whole night and the other clown was so unbelievably biased it was disgusting . I can see if it had been against Minny, but UND ****!!!!! I think I'm more ****ed off about them than I am about the game
                  Frank was certainly Anti-Denver tonight. But the Pios deserved it. They only played harder than UND for about 25% of the game.

Comment

Former champs fall to the Bbears in Beantown
                    Go Pioneers!

Comment

Great game none the less. Denver(or should I say Cheverie? ) kept themselves in the game the whole time. Didn't know if UND would win until the time ran out on the clock.

If these two teams meet again in the post-season. It'll be a good one!

And seriously, Cheverie deserves to win the Hobey. Awesome goaltender.

Comment

It's a meaningless game, he should sit out!!!
                        Gives you hope that it is just his finger and not the wrist. With the 1,2 and 3 teams in the PWR falling it makes you think anybody could win the tourney (accept Sh and UAH.) I can't believe Sacred Heart has a chance to get in.
                        Last edited by MagnessMan; 03-19-2010, 10:29 PM.
                        Go Pioneers!

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFanatic View Post
                          Great game none the less. Denver(or should I say Cheverie? ) kept themselves in the game the whole time. Didn't know if UND would win until the time ran out on the clock.

If these two teams meet again in the post-season. It'll be a good one!

And seriously, Cheverie deserves to win the Hobey. Awesome goaltender.
                          UND was very tough, didn't let DU get any space to operate. Chevy saved the bacon more than once tonight. UND was the better team tonight and they did it by playing good solid hockey.

Comment

Apart from the bias, which I think is hard to explain away, those two guys talked incessantly, over one another, and it was difficult for me to figure out who was saying what.

All night long it was "so and so from North Dakota really delivered a blow to so and so from DU" but also this "so and so from North Dakota got knocked down but no call is made on DU"

The Sioux had the better of it from the very beginning, but that doesn't quite excuse the thumbs on the scale by the announcers. And I'm speaking here from professional experience.
                            2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

A portion of the Merriam-Webster definition:

Main Entry: con·so·la·tion
                              Function: noun
                              1 : the act or an instance of consoling : the state of being consoled : comfort
                              2 : something that consoles; specifically : a contest held for those who have lost early in a tournament

Consolation games suck. That is all.

Comment

Working...
                              X