Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All things Denver XXVII: From Boonetown to Motown - It's not a Ford, it's a Chevy!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All things Denver XXVII: From Boonetown to Motown - It's not a Ford, it's a Chevy!

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
    Matt Carle got his 2nd assist of the playoffs on the game tying goal, but Boston came back to win in OT.
    Wonder if Colborne was at the game?

Add another goal for Gauthier although they lost to Worcester 3-2.
    Trotter takes on Seabrook today and Mannino and Doell are also in action.
    Trotter gets 2 assists in tonight's Hamilton victory over Abbottsford.
    GO DU !!!

Comment

• Re: All things Denver XXVII: From Boonetown to Motown - It's not a Ford, it's a Chevy!

Kevin Dineen interviewed for the Columbus Blue Jackets job yesterday, keep your fingers crossed.
      DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

AHL Playoffs Scoring and still playing
        Brock Trotter 4-5-9
        Gabe Gauthier 2-3-5
        Kevin Doell 3-0-3
        Keith Seabrook 2-1-3

Peter Mannino 2.83 GAA .899 Sv % 2 Shutouts

thru 5/4/10
        GO DU !!!

Comment

Denverpioneers.com has our 2010 Men's Lacrosse recruiting class. Included are detailed bios of each of the 11 recruits.
          Hockey or Lacrosse. Aside from skiing, Which one of these 2 sports will win a National Championship first in say the next 5 years?

Comment

Originally posted by thedunker View Post
            Denverpioneers.com has our 2010 Men's Lacrosse recruiting class. Included are detailed bios of each of the 11 recruits.
            Hockey or Lacrosse. Aside from skiing, Which one of these 2 sports will win a National Championship first in say the next 5 years?
            Looks like a good crop of recruits.

I say hockey by about 2 months.

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

Comment

• Re: All things Denver XXVII: From Boonetown to Motown - It's not a Ford, it's a Chevy

So as you all probably know by now, we ended up 5th in the best team of the decade list. ****!! I thought for sure we would end up in the top three! Still though, 5th best team of the decade out of 60 teams? Not bad. Just imagine if we hadn't choked in some of those playoff games. I should think all of this data gathered by "Priceless" would be interesting to the coaching staff.
              "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
              Tom Serratore

Comment

Originally posted by thedunker View Post
                Good question. If you would have asked me before our recent NCAA choke jobs, I'd say hockey. But Gwoz has temporarily lost his post-season coaching ability. Until he gets his mojo back, we'll be looking back to the glory days of 04 and 05.

Lacrosse has got a decent shot. I think that lacrosse could become a regular in the top 5-8 pretty quickly. But I also think that it will be hard to break through the stranglehold that top 3 or 4 teams have had on the top tier of college lacrosse. We'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by Pablo View Post
                  Good question. If you would have asked me before our recent NCAA choke jobs, I'd say hockey. But Gwoz has temporarily lost his post-season coaching ability. Until he gets his mojo back, we'll be looking back to the glory days of 04 and 05.

Lacrosse has got a decent shot. I think that lacrosse could become a regular in the top 5-8 pretty quickly. But I also think that it will be hard to break through the stranglehold that top 3 or 4 teams have had on the top tier of college lacrosse. We'll see.
                  I agree with all you say Pablo. However those top 4 schools included Princeton. We now have their coach and just slightly more liberal admission standards. I love the fact that our goalie recruit, Jamie Faus, was also recruited by Hopkins.
                  With the talent we bring in for Hockey, we really should contend for a Championship every year and win one every few years. Naturally, I am not biased.
                  Last edited by thedunker; 05-06-2010, 11:44 AM.

Comment

According to link below, Genoway will be returning the Sioux. Great to see him recovering and returning to college hockey. Although, can't say I'm looking forward to him running the Sioux power play and defense again next year.

http://www.westerncollegehockeyblog.com/

Comment

Bill Tierney's son and assistant coach Trevor Tierney has a blog going about the DU Lax team. Its a good read and thanks to Dunker for finding it.

DU Lax Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Cross-Czech View Post
                        According to link below, Genoway will be returning the Sioux. Great to see him recovering and returning to college hockey. Although, can't say I'm looking forward to him running the Sioux power play and defense again next year.

http://www.westerncollegehockeyblog.com/
                        The Sioux are loaded. With Genoway, they are the odds-on favorite to go all the way. They have depth at every position, and the high end talent needed to win it all.

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
                          The Sioux are loaded. With Genoway, they are the odds-on favorite to go all the way. They have depth at every position, and the high end talent needed to win it all.
                          I think its still BC as the favorites to repeat.
                          Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Originally posted by Terrierbyassociation View Post
                            I think its still BC as the favorites to repeat.
                            Agreed.

I would say UND should be the class of the WCHA, but I wouldn't go further than that.

Miami and Michigan are going to be very good as well.
                            North Dakota
                            National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Women golfers are tied for 11th after Day 1 of the NCAA Regionals. Kimberly Kim had a 1 over to lead the Pios.
                              GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                                Women golfers are tied for 11th after Day 1 of the NCAA Regionals. Kimberly Kim had a 1 over to lead the Pios.
                                The early scores on Day 2 are very high. Course is eating the ladies up. We have moved up to 7th, but our gals have only played 3-6 holes. If we just don't fall apart, we should be in top eight by end of today with one round to go. Kim still at +1, but now tied for 4th and only 2 out of lead.
                                Lacrosse: I hope we can be up for Air Force tomorrow. DU got so much National Lacrosse Press in the past week. ALL Positive..

Comment

Working...
                                X