Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All things Denver XXVII: From Boonetown to Motown - It's not a Ford, it's a Chevy!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All things Denver XXVII: From Boonetown to Motown - It's not a Ford, it's a Chevy!

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
    According to a commenter on the Blog, Chevy signed with Florida.
    Big suck. Unfortunately not unexpected -- the fallout from having such a skilled and sought-after group of young men doesn't make this season's failures any easier to take.

r

Comment

• Re: All things Denver XXVII: From Boonetown to Motown - It's not a Ford, it's a Chevy!

BTW, if anybody in Denver plans on going out for the games, the MU Denver alumni club is meeting at Tavern Uptown, and they've agreed to extend happy hour (2-for-1) through the game.

r

Comment

http://www.lyricsdomain.com/7/gratef.../hes_gone.html
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEke7x4CKSM

Comment

• Re: All things Denver XXVII: From Boonetown to Motown - It's not a Ford, it's a Chevy

Originally posted by cetihcra View Post
          Big suck. Unfortunately not unexpected -- the fallout from having such a skilled and sought-after group of young men doesn't make this season's failures any easier to take.

r
          OK, is this the end of the bad news?
          "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
          Tom Serratore

Comment

• Re: All things Denver XXVII: From Boonetown to Motown - It's not a Ford, it's a Chevy

Originally posted by Dmann View Post
            I would think so.

Haven't seen Ruegsegger sign with the Leafs yet.
            DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Originally posted by Dmann View Post
              Should be, but things could be worse.

Kentucky had four basketball players leave early yesterday and declare themselves eligible for the NBA Draft. All are expected to be 1st rounders.

http://www.courier-journal.com/artic...+the+NBA+draft

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
                Should be, but things could be worse.

Kentucky had four basketball players leave early yesterday and declare themselves eligible for the NBA Draft. All are expected to be 1st rounders.

http://www.courier-journal.com/artic...+the+NBA+draft
                I heard this morning that Kentucky would only have 3 returning players with the early departures and the graduating seniors.

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
                  I heard this morning that Kentucky would only have 3 returning players with the early departures and the graduating seniors.
                  Stop, stop, you're breaking my heart. Excluding the Baylor episode (for which there is no comparative standard) I've always considered Kentucky to be the basketball equivalent to Oklahoma and SMU.

On the other hand, I envy the emotion old Happy Chandler (Governor, Senator, commissioner of baseball) used to generate on Senior Day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqGuVQsl-7U
                  Last edited by Old Pio; 04-08-2010, 03:07 PM.
                  2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Calipari will have 5 returning players of which only 3 saw playing time.

From ESPN
                    If they all leave, it leaves Calipari with a rebuilding project on par with the one he inherited a year ago. The departure of Wall and company combined with the graduation of Ramon Harris, Perry Stevenson and Mark Krebs leaves Kentucky with just five players returning next year, only three of whom -- guards DeAndre Liggins and Darnell Dodson and forward Darius Miller -- played significant minutes this season.

Comment

The Cheverie deal is now official:

Chevy signs
                      I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post

Chevy signs
                        Hope he got a good deal. He may be spending time in the ECHL bcause Tyler Plante is a hot goaltender for the AHL Rochester Americans and they have the Swedish guy scheduled to come in this summer too.

BTW, Panthers are based in Sunrise, FL which is nearer to Fort Lauderdale (inland) than Miami and is on the edge of the Everglades.
                        GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post

Chevy signs
                          expected
                          i hope he doesn't stay in the ECHL
                          I'm the guy with the gold jersey in Magness, who is probably drunk or at least getting in trouble for obscene cheers.

"You all saw what happened. Stick down, gloves off, He challenged the Chiefs. Called us names, CALLED US NAMES!"

CC's titles are older than NASA

Comment

I would have to think that Chevy is going to see a lot of AHL time or he probably wouldn't have signed. He had some leverage in this deal, as Florida would have lost him and Chevy would be a UFA had he waited. Certainly, there were other organizations that could guarantee him AHL playing time.My guess is that Florida is going to make some room for him and Markstrom to get more playing time.

Even If he goes to the ECHL, goalies do need more games to develop than position players, so perhaps seeing a lot of minor league rubber is in his future.

Comment

DU website article on Chevy.

"Marc established himself as the best goaltender in college hockey this season and is ready for professional hockey," DU head coach George Gwozdecky said. "He was our most valuable player the past two seasons and is one of the most competitive players I've coached. Marc's dedication and work ethic paid dividends after his freshman season. He will graduate this June with a finance degree and we look forward to watching Marc compete at the next level."

http://www.denverpioneers.com/ViewAr...CLID=204924970

Comment

Bump!!
                                "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
                                Tom Serratore

Comment

Working...
                                X