Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All things Denver XXVII: From Boonetown to Motown - It's not a Ford, it's a Chevy!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All things Denver XXVII: From Boonetown to Motown - It's not a Ford, it's a Chevy

Has a 15 ever upset a 2?

Gopher fan is hoping for company...

Comment

• Re: All things Denver XXVII: From Boonetown to Motown - It's not a Ford, it's a Chevy

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
      Has a 15 ever upset a 2?

Gopher fan is hoping for company...
      I'm almost sure that happened last year, when Miami beat Denver, or was denver the #3 team last year. I guess Denver can't handle 4 seeds.

Comment

• Re: All things Denver XXVII: From Boonetown to Motown - It's not a Ford, it's a Chevy!

Its official 2-1 RIT.

Chalk another one up for smart, physical hockey and hard work over lack of urgency and relying on finesse and skill.
        STEAMER Hockey

Comment

• Re: All things Denver XXVII: From Boonetown to Motown - It's not a Ford, it's a Chevy!

Originally posted by Joey13 View Post
          Its official 2-1 RIT.

Chalk another one up for smart, physical hockey and hard work over lack of urgency and relying on finesse and skill.
          We'll be losing a lot of that skill and offense in the off-season. Sigh, I thought this team had the right mix this year, but it's always that injury that pops up at the wrong time

Congrats to RIT, what an effort on their.

Now the early departure watch begins

Comment

When the season end for Colorado College I received a lot of hate mail from Denver fans. Funny thing is they were to CHICKEN to say who they were. I have a lot of friends who are Denver fans, and many of them on here on this board.

So excuse me friends when I say this. This is for the CHICKEN DU fans. Colorado College had a season where they over achieved. Meanwhile, DU was loaded and should have won the National Championship. Well, you came up real short and lost the last three games of your underachieving season.

Enjoy your golf!!

Oh, I guess I should change my signature block.

Call me what you want but at least I man up and don't hide like most of the DU fans!! Cheers, CCtig. See you next season!!
            World Arena North (aka Magness Arena on the campus of Denver State University) where the Colorado College Tigers are 17-11-5 all time against the Metro State Pioneers. Thank you Denver Roadrunners for building a second home for CC!!

World Arena North lives on!! Go Tigers!!

CC Tiger fans join us at: http://cctigerhockey.yuku.com

Comment

Didn't see this one coming....tough loss, but congrats on a great season.

Looking forward to seeing you guys come to the Gutt next year.

Comment

apologies pios fans. most of you are good guys. although i didn't think you'd win that regional, sorry to see that you got miami'd by shegos. a great open ice hit and he calls a phantom elbow. thats been the story of our team for the past few weeks also with calls.

Comment

Tough loss for Denver, congratulations on a great season.

Comment

{I HAVE NO WORDS}

(sigh...)

Comment

I want to thank the 6 seniors who left their imprint on the DU program; Rock, Ruegs, Gifford, Glasser, Brookwell and Vossberg. Some came in as highly touted recruits and others were recruited walk-ons. They all contributed mightily to the program and won everything but a national championship. They are all champions in the classroom as well. In fact four of them have already completed their studies in the Winter quarter and are awaiting the graduation ceremony at the end of the Spring quarter. Best of luck wherever your futures may lie!!!!

There is also a good chance that Marc Cheverie, Joe Colborne and Patrick Wiercioch may be leaving early for the pro ranks. If they decide to leave I want to wish them well but I would not be adverse to them returning.
                      Last edited by du78; 03-27-2010, 07:22 AM.
                      DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
                        I want to thank the 6 seniors who left their imprint on the DU program; Rock, Ruegs, Gifford, Glasser, Brookwell and Vossberg. Some came in as highly touted recruits and others were recruited walk-ons. They all contributed mightily to the program and won everything but a national championship. They are all champions in the classroom as well. In fact four of them have already completed their studies in the Winter quarter and area awaiting the graduation ceremony at the end of the Spring quarter. Best of luck wherever your futures may lie!!!!

There is also a good chance that Marc Cheverie, Joe Colborne and Patrick Wiercioch may be leaving early for the pro ranks. If they decide to leave I want to wish them well but I would not be adverse to them returning.
                        Nobody feels as badly about this as the players, particularly the seniors. It's astonishing how this season unraveled so quickly at the end. Even so, some great accomplishments, some great entertainment and a lot of pride for the University. As a Cubs fan I have a lifetime of practice: wait 'til next year.
                        2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

I want to thank the 6 seniors who left their imprint on the DU program; Rock, Ruegs, Gifford, Glasser, Brookwell and Vossberg. Some came in as highly touted recruits and others were recruited walk-ons. They all contributed mightily to the program and won everything but a national championship. They are all champions in the classroom as well. In fact four of them have already completed their studies in the Winter quarter and area awaiting the graduation ceremony at the end of the Spring quarter. Best of luck wherever your futures may lie!!!!

It will be interesting to see how DU responds next year.

Tough loss today, Good season DU.

Comment

I was hoping to see a DU/UND championship game. Hopefully you don't lose the 3 players you mention. Well, maybe Chevy could go - he's like the last few goalies you've had - seems to play his best against the Sioux.
                            Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Some thoughts:

1- I know I'm not alone when I say i am not surprised by tonight's outcome.
                              2- DU seemed to peak too early, two or three weeks ago. (we missed Maiami)
                              3- Nice to see DG on national TV proudly displaying the Boone.
                              4- What a miss by Martin
                              5- Melrose makes it up as he goes along, he's a tool!!!
                              6- We have every reason to be optimistic for the future. The staff has done as awesome job at reloading.
                              7- I'm very worried about our performance in the post season since 2005!!!!
                              8- We did win the WCHA!!!
                              9- If Ostrow had scored against UND instead of hitting the post,(early in the game I might add) everything could be different right now
                              10-I now have no life, at least until sailing season.
                              11-I'm very worried about our performance in the post season since 2005!!!!
                              "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
                              Tom Serratore

Comment

I'm super upset by the loss. To make matters worse, on my way home from the bar I scratched my car pretty badly on a cement pole in my parking garage. What a terrible day.
                                GO AVS!!!

.\ \
                                ..\ \
                                ...\ \ _____ GO DU!!!
                                ....\_////////)

Comment

Working...
                                X