Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WCHA Awards

http://www.wcha.com/sports/m-hockey/...031810aab.html
    sigpic Eight. ....with a design on nine.

Re: WCHA Awards

Originally posted by A Shot and a Goal View Post
    Kinda Surprised Craig Smith (UW) didn't get rookie of the year.
    The Quest For 7

Comment

{sigh}
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by uwbadgers14 View Post
        Kinda Surprised Craig Smith (UW) didn't get rookie of the year.
        Kristo had better stats, double the goals, and was slightly higher profile. Saying that, Smith had a great freshman season, and was very deserving of the award as well.
        North Dakota
        National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
          Kristo had better stats, double the goals, and was slightly higher profile. Saying that, Smith had a great freshman season, and was very deserving of the award as well.
          All the DU awards is pretty disgusting however... also, why do they do the awards before the final 5. Isn't how a team or player performs in the biggest stage of the WCHA important to winning an award as well????
          The Quest For 7

Comment

All the DU awards is pretty disgusting however... also, why do they do the awards before the final 5. Isn't how a team or player performs in the biggest stage of the WCHA important to winning an award as well????
            They're regular season awards. It's part of the hype for the Final Five.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

They're supposed to be regular season awards, so no, the Final 5 doesn't count for these awards.

Also, I understand the sentimental thing, but seriously, shouldn't a guy making an all-conference team have to play more than 9 games in the season.
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

All are very deserving of the awards.
                Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

All the DU awards is pretty disgusting
                  You are right. Its ridiculous. The #1 team in the country that won the MacNaughton by 5 points with a week to spare, walked away with the lion's share of the hardware.

I demand a recount.

Actually, all the awards were pretty predictable and for once there's very little to quibble about.

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
                    You are right. Its ridiculous. The #1 team in the country that won the MacNaughton by 5 points with a week to spare, walked away with the lion's share of the hardware.

I demand a recount.

Actually, all the awards were pretty predictable and for once there's very little to quibble about.
                    Cheverie, player of the year???? Goalie of the year no doubt but there are some great players in the WCHA that i would put ahead of him as player of the year. that's just me....
                    The Quest For 7

Comment

Chuck's Predictions vs. Actual....

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.php?t=89404

Chuck's Predictions (Actual)

First Team All-WCHA

F-Blake Geoffrion (Wisconsin)-Senior
                      F-Rhett Rakhshani (Denver)-Senior
                      F-Justin Fontaine (Minnesota-Duluth)-Junior (Jack Connolly)
                      D-Brendan Smith (Wisconsin)-Junior
                      D-Patrick Wiercoich (Denver)-Sophomore
                      G-Marc Cheverie (Denver)-Junior

Second Team All-WCH

F-Michael Davies (Wisconsin)-Senior (Tyler Ruegsegger)
                      F-Jack Connolly (Minnesota-Duluth)-Sophomore (Justin Fontaine)
                      F-Ryan Lasch (St. Cloud State)-Senior
                      D-Ryan McDonagh (Wisconsin)-Junior
                      D-Nate Prosser (Colorado College)-Senior
                      G-Brad Eidsness (North Dakota)-Sophomore

Third Team All-WCHA

F-Mike Connolly (Minnesota-Duluth)-Sophomore (Michael Davies)
                      F-Kevin Clark (Alaska Anchorage)-Senior (Joe Colborne)
                      F-Garrett Roe (St. Cloud State)-Junior
                      D-Kurt Davis (Minnesota State)-Junior (Chay Genoway)
                      D-Garrett Raboin (St. Cloud State)-Senior
                      G-Alex Kangas (Minnesota)-Junior (Dan Dunn)

WCHA All-Freshman Team

F-Craig Smith (Wisconsin)
                      F-Danny Kristo (North Dakota)
                      F-Rylan Schwartz (Colorado College)
                      D-Matt Donovan (Denver)
                      D-Nick Leddy (Minnesota) (Justin Schultz)
                      G-Mike Lee (St. Cloud State) (Joe Howe)

Awards

WCHA Player of the Year: Marc Cheverie, Goalie (Denver)
                      WCHA Rookie of the Year: Craig Smith, Forward (Wisconsin)
                      WCHA Defenseman of the Year: Brendan Smith, Defense (Wisconsin)
                      Last edited by dggoddard; 03-18-2010, 02:53 PM.

Comment

All the DU awards is pretty disgusting however...

I'd say most of the DU awards were pretty much warranted. Cheverie is WCHA POY hands down. When you lead the nation in key goaltending categories while facing the WCHA meatgrinder every weekend, you've earned it. I think he has a solid shot at the Hobey, too.

Rhakshani was the top votegetter among forwards, so no suprise he's on the first team given his numbers, captaincy and senior role. Weircioch is a slight stretch on the first team IMO. He had a better season last year - I would've put him second or third team. That's the one pick that seemed to get the benefit of the doubt of playing on a top-ranked team.

Reugsegger on the second team is a solid pick. The senior produces points, hits, and gives his all and has a 4.0 in the classroom. The guy gets it done.

Colborne showed flashes of dominance and had a lot of clutch goals for DU, no surprise he's a third teamer, IMHO.

And Donovan was fully deserving to be on the all-Rookie team, given his production and key playing role on a top ranked team.

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
                          I'd say most of the DU awards were pretty much warranted. Cheverie is WCHA POY hands down. When you lead the nation in key goaltending categories while facing the WCHA meatgrinder every weekend, you've earned it. I think he has a solid shot at the Hobey, too.

Rhakshani was the top votegetter among forwards, so no suprise he's on the first team given his numbers, captaincy and senior role. Weircioch is a slight stretch on the first team IMO. He had a better season last year - I would've put him second or third team. That's the one pick that seemed to get the benefit of the doubt of playing on a top-ranked team.

Reugsegger on the second team is a solid pick. The senior produces points, hits, and gives his all and has a 4.0 in the classroom. The guy gets it done.

Colborne showed flashes of dominance and had a lot of clutch goals for DU, no surprise he's a third teamer, IMHO.

And Donovan was fully deserving to be on the all-Rookie team, given his production and key playing role on a top ranked team.
                          Agreed. Denver had a great year, and deserved to take home a lot of awards. Maybe they meant it is disgusting at how good DU was this year in the RS.

After seeing the awards, it's fairly clear that DU should enjoy all this glory and take a couple weeks off of hockey
                          North Dakota
                          National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

I'd love to see the breakdown of All-Rookie Defensemen...Matt Donovan was voted far and away the best D-man but Justin Schultz had less than half as many points as Donovan. Makes me wonder how close it was since I would say Nick Leddy, Steven Siego and Dylan Olson were worthy of votes...
                            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                              Also, I understand the sentimental thing, but seriously, shouldn't a guy making an all-conference team have to play more than 9 games in the season.
                              Well... it's not like Genoway got benched...
                              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Working...
                              X