Women's Hockey Fan Perspective - Cooke vs. the Boston Bruins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Women's Hockey Fan Perspective - Cooke vs. the Boston Bruins

I know this is a women's site, but....especially for that reason I thought it would be interesting to hear some comments from folks who are fans of the women's game on the very much media hyped rematch between the Penguins and the Bruins this evening.

Storylines that are brewing (no pun in intended!) include:

Should the Bruins have retaliated that first night when Savard was injured?

Should the Bruins realiate tonight and against who?

Should Cooke have been suspended?

If the Bruins do retaliate, what's acceptable? How should Colin Campbell and the NHL deal with it?

How should Bill Mcreary and the rest of the officials deal with what is likely to be a game of increased physicial presence?

Thoughts?
    Toe Blake On goalies: "You get four goals off them, or five, but the goal you've got to have to win, somehow the great ones don't let you get it.”

Re: Women's Hockey Fan Perspective - Cooke vs. the Boston Bruins

Nothing will happen. Too much at risk, not to mention the abundance of league officials that will be attending. If anyone starts anything serious chit will fly.

Comment

Originally posted by CanHockGuy View Post
      Nothing will happen. Too much at risk, not to mention the abundance of league officials that will be attending. If anyone starts anything serious chit will fly.
      I don't agree. Shawn Thornton is dressed for the Bruins and you can bet he will be hunting Cooke all night. There will be at least one if not several fights. Before the game, the Bruins celebrated the 40th anniversary of the '69-70 championship season by bringing back some of the members of that team. You don't think they had a few words for the current squad as they shook hands before the game?

Comment

Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
        I don't agree. Shawn Thornton is dressed for the Bruins and you can bet he will be hunting Cooke all night. There will be at least one if not several fights. Before the game, the Bruins celebrated the 40th anniversary of the '69-70 championship season by bringing back some of the members of that team. You don't think they had a few words for the current squad as they shook hands before the game?
        As I said, nothing will happen. At least nothing worth noting.

Comment

Sad state of affairs if you're a B's fan. I agree they should have taken care of business that first night. To have waltzed through last night's game uneventfully would have probably been acceptable had they brought some real "game" to the game. To have not only lost, but to have been that thoroughly outplayed and still not show some sign of emotion or caring really kind of kills the mood for the rest of the season, at least for me.

All the more reason why I'm looking forward to this weekend! Spirited athletes playing with pride and emotion, go to love the college game....be it women's hockey, hoops, etc.
          Toe Blake On goalies: "You get four goals off them, or five, but the goal you've got to have to win, somehow the great ones don't let you get it.”

Comment

Originally posted by CanHockGuy View Post
            Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
            I don't agree. Shawn Thornton is dressed for the Bruins and you can bet he will be hunting Cooke
            LOL. Skate got it right. Only 5 seconds into Cooke's first shift, Thornton picks the fight for payback.

Too bad he didn't do a better job on him.
            Too bad Campbell's leaving the justice to the players to try to settle the score.
            And too bad the Bruin's lost regardless.
            Last edited by Trillium; 03-19-2010, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Trillium View Post
              LOL. Skate got it right. Only 5 seconds into Cooke's first shift, Thornton picks the fight for payback.

Too bad he didn't do a better job on him.
              Too bad Campbell's leaving the justice to the players to try to settle the score.
              And too bad the Bruin's lost regardless.
              Again, nothing happened. Cooke couldn't get what he deserved. LOL

Comment

Working...
              X