PDA

View Full Version : 2010 NCAA Tournament: The Worst Ever?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

Bakunin
03-18-2010, 02:44 AM
Yeah, but when and where are you going to be using this gun?
I think he just said he's going to impregnate you. Hope for your sake you're on the pill.

Yager
03-18-2010, 02:52 AM
My thought on the thread... it won't be that bad. We potentially have like 6 Cinderella teams. There could be some really exciting upsets or at worst we're going to have all the top seeded teams playing at the end for some insanely close hockey. If we get past 3 OT's in any game I will be amazingly happy.

2). Alabama-Huntsville, perhaps the worst team in history to lock up an automatic berth is in.
WHO HATES HUNTSVILLE?!

Yager
03-18-2010, 02:54 AM
I heard something about that, but it seems unrealistic. If Alaska makes it, how many 'students' will they bring? 10?
I wish Tech could make the tournament. Even if the tournament was in Australia, we'd still make sure to bring at least 20 of us non-bandwagoners.

bigmrg74
03-18-2010, 03:22 AM
Maybe he is just being proactive and getting this inevitable thread started so after the tourney selection it's all warmed up and ready to go.

Thread? Singular?

Riiight. :pMaybe he just wants this beytching thread going so when the complaint threads from the Noobs pop up, we can link this thread in them, and then point, laugh and make fun of the noobs for frothing at the mouth for stuff that we've already had a good idea of what was going to happen, like M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A. isn't in the tunament?? But thays the Pride On Ice and are the bestests EVER!!!11!!! Humpsville>?? Alabama??? Hockey isn't playes in da south. ;)

Actually...the hockey team plays the girl's swim team in a game of water polo each year. Granted, it's not real water polo as it's more people trying to drown each other and throw the ball as hard as they can at the goal. Not something I was used to seeing and hated watching it. Played water polo and swam all 4 years in high school (that's what led me to ND from Oregon).Oh please tell me they challenge UND's synchronized swim team as well, and wear Pink swim trunks as well while doing so. :D

My thought on the thread... it won't be that bad. We potentially have like 6 Cinderella teams. There could be some really exciting upsets or at worst we're going to have all the top seeded teams playing at the end for some insanely close hockey. If we get past 3 OT's in any game I will be amazingly happy.

WHO HATES HUNTSVILLE?!

Don't Hate Huntsville, Blame Bemidji. Bemidji was in no matter what happen in the CHA tournement. Niagara or Huntsville was going to be going to the big skate once Niagara beat the Beavers in the Semifinal game.

bigblue_dl
03-18-2010, 09:54 AM
the Beanpot!
What is something I care less about than flooding in North Dakota?

the print out was from march 8th.

michigan 55-1
bu 75-1 (that was still the number yesterday)
sioux 8-1
bc 3-1
miami 5-2
denver 2-1
bucky 3-1
jan brady 6-1
vermont 50-1
lowell 60-1 (though probably off now)
uhn 35-1 (but down to 25-1 yesterday)
sparty 7-1 (:D :D )
cornell 5-1
ylae 6-1
northern 110-1 (not bad value)
umd 10-1
maine 25-1
bemidji 4-1
air force 200-1
uaf 70-1
union 20-1
ferris 20-1
rit 40-1
Ummm, I'll put 50 on NMU for those odds. :eek:

DaveStPaul
03-19-2010, 01:00 AM
Everybody's thinking it, I'll be the one to say it:

NCAA Basketball Tournament: WORST. EVER.

Look at those teams! Ohio University?!? Murray State?!? Old Dominion?!? Saint Freaking Mary's?!?!?

What. A. Joke.

bigmrg74
03-19-2010, 01:39 AM
And thank you very much for peeing down your leg Georgetown!!! you got beat by the autobid winner from the MAC. ICK!! :mad:

co14ers
03-19-2010, 01:53 AM
And thank you very much for peeing down your leg Georgetown!!! you got beat by the autobid winner from the MAC. ICK!! :mad:

Peeing? I thought they crapped the bed.

Happy
03-19-2010, 02:49 AM
this does give the possibility of a tournament like last year, where the winner doesn't end up playing any really good team, just Cinderellas.

happyhockey
03-19-2010, 08:08 AM
Why do people defend Bemidji when they are terrible and have that awful rapping kid?

People defend Bemidji cause they are a good team. They have proven that this year time and time again. So, they did not win their Championship, big deal. That is hockey, anyone's game. BSU probably has one of the best programs considering the size of their school. Who cares about the rapping kid, if that is what you base all your decisions on then WOW !!!!!!!
Go Beavers Go !!!!

MadTownSioux
03-19-2010, 08:39 AM
The NCAA should have followed international tradition and moved the games to Rio. At least y'all will get shot and robbed while looking at incredibly attractive women.All I could think of when I read this was Rio, Wisconsin (Rye-oh). When did they get attractive women there??:D

Puck Swami
03-19-2010, 07:17 PM
Everybody's thinking it, I'll be the one to say it:

NCAA Basketball Tournament: WORST. EVER.

Look at those teams! Ohio University?!? Murray State?!? Old Dominion?!? Saint Freaking Mary's?!?!?

What. A. Joke.

Upsets are exactly what propelled the NCAA hoops tourney into the big deal it is. No one cared very much when UCLA was winning every year from the mid 60s into the mid 70s. Then comes Bird and Magic in the late 70s and first round upsets galore in the '80s, and now everybody's filling out brackets....

mookie1995
03-19-2010, 07:28 PM
Upsets are exactly what propelled the NCAA hoops tourney into the big deal it is. No one cared very much when UCLA was winning every year from the mid 60s into the mid 70s. Then comes Bird and Magic in the late 70s and first round upsets galore in the '80s, and now everybody's filling out brackets....

well the fields were much smaller way back then too. and there was a time when teams would turn down the ncaa bid to play in the nit. ;)

DaveStPaul
03-19-2010, 07:33 PM

I hoped the timing of my post -- at the end of the 1st day of play, with all of those "awful" teams posting amazing upsets -- would show that you and I are in agreement. :)

Runninwiththedogs
03-20-2010, 01:15 AM
People defend Bemidji cause they are a good team. They have proven that this year time and time again. So, they did not win their Championship, big deal. That is hockey, anyone's game. BSU probably has one of the best programs considering the size of their school. Who cares about the rapping kid, if that is what you base all your decisions on then WOW !!!!!!!
Go Beavers Go !!!!

Well, sir/ma'am, if a few wins to non-CHA games are what you're basing your decision on, then HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Bemidji sucks.