Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Part 3: Just win, baby!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Part 3: Just win, baby!

We Sing! (and Dance!)
    Originally posted by WiscTJK
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
    Originally posted by Timothy A
    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Great effort for most of the game although I wanted to reach through my screen and choke the life out of Brenden for that lackadaisical effort on the power play midway through the third. You could just see that shortie coming and that would have been the turning point had we lost.

Okay, only positives after I get done with Goody who could do a lot better with rebound control and Mitchell who redeemed his early penalties with a great game.

So glad that this team took advantage of their opportunity and got it done. Both opponents battled us hard, but obviously we were the best team in the region. I'll admit that I was a little nervous playing SCSU but we took it to them and were most definitely the better team.

Nice to see us get contributions from others on the team besides the obvious stars. We've been talking about our depth all year and it came up big tonight.

Going to the FF! Bring on RIT!

Comment

Happy for Blake who came back for this and Street who worked hard to get back.

SENIORS!

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
          Great effort for most of the game although I wanted to reach through my screen and choke the life out of Brenden for that lackadaisical effort on the power play midway through the third. You could just see that shortie coming and that would have been the turning point had we lost.

Going to the FF! Bring on RIT!
          I thought the same thing as it was unfoldling. The same thing. He also took stipid penalties as well tonight and yesterday. I have zero tolerance for slashing penalties.

That 3rd goal.....Ick.

Done *****ing. Let's enjoy the ride as it continues.

Geoffrion really did himself a ton of good this weekend in the Hobey race. I think the ballots are due in Monday. Scrivens and Chevy killed their chances this weekend. Smith didn't shine.
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Very impressed with Bendy tonight. Lots of energy and good jump all night long.

On to Detroit!!!!!
            Signature under construction.....bids being accepted.

Comment

After this weekend I'm convinced that our best player isn't a Hobey Baker finalist. Ryan McDonagh has been phenomenal all year, but I thought he just was so good, so strong, so dominant at his position all weekend. I love Smith and think he's had a fabulous year, but McD is a bull.

OK, so I'll call it a toss-up between McD and Geoffrion for our best player.

Comment

Thought over the last 5 or 6 weeks of the season that a couple of players have really come on... Bendrickson, Bombach, and Mitchell now seems to be hitting the stride he was on towards the end of last season. Having multiple lines makes all the difference in the world. Geoffrion just looks like he is on another level entirely.

Now if we could just start to convert on some breakaways. Great game!

Comment

While I didn't get to watch or listen to the game, I was getting near constant score updates...pretty solid game all around for the Badgers....Let's keep it rolling....

Hhhmmmmm..come to think of it..naaahhhh....I won't go there.....

2 down, 2 to go....

GO BUCKY !!!!!!!!
                  In any sport, the anticipation of what might happen, is almost as important as what actually happens. ~Bob Costas
                  "It's a great day for hockey."~"Badger" Bob Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by Rand View Post
                    While I didn't get to watch or listen to the game, I was getting near constant score updates...pretty solid game all around for the Badgers....Let's keep it rolling....

Hhhmmmmm..come to think of it..naaahhhh....I won't go there.....

2 down, 2 to go....

GO BUCKY !!!!!!!!
                    Roll one up?

Comment

******* width="480" height="385">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iZq3i94mSsQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iZq3i94mSsQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385">
                      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                        ******* width="480" height="385">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iZq3i94mSsQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iZq3i94mSsQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385">
                        Ah, beat me to it.

YES!
                        "...the great state University of Wisconsin should ever encourage that continual and fearless sifting and winnowing by which alone the truth can be found."

Wisconsin '05 Michigan '07

http://noalibisnoregrets.blogspot.com/

my other blog

Comment

Nice game, I was pretty worried but overall a very good game. Keep it going!

Comment

Originally posted by HCSmooth View Post
                            After this weekend I'm convinced that our best player isn't a Hobey Baker finalist. Ryan McDonagh has been phenomenal all year, but I thought he just was so good, so strong, so dominant at his position all weekend. I love Smith and think he's had a fabulous year, but McD is a bull.

OK, so I'll call it a toss-up between McD and Geoffrion for our best player.
                            I agree, McD is awesome, just so solid and consistant. There is no way he should even be considered for the Hobey, as he is not flashy enough, but if I was drafting a defenseman, I would choose him over Smith without a second thought (but Smith would be my second defenseman if he was still available )

Comment

Originally posted by Scottyp View Post
                              Now if we could just start to convert on some breakaways. Great game!
                              Yeah, a lot of 1-0's but not enough goals.

Comment

What does everyone think about the contact to the head penalties, is there a solution?

I agree that concussions and head injuries are very serious and should be watched very closely. However, a lot of times what would be a perfectly clean hit was changed into a contact to the head, as the puck carrier was trying to duck the hit. There was no way for the defender to stop at that point.

What do you guys think?

Comment

Working...
                                X