Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Part 3: Just win, baby!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Part 3: Just win, baby!

On the bus on the way to the game. I don't think I can describe how excited I am for this weekend.

If anyone is making the trek up to the Twin Cities, stop by the Kozy Korner in Hudson (or however you spell it) as the band will be there playing a couple tunes.

WHEN YOU SAY WISCONSIN YOU'VE SAID IT ALL!
    Last edited by badgerbando; 03-26-2010, 01:03 PM. Reason: sucking at spelling

Comment

WISCONSIN
      Andy Bohmbach-Blake Geoffrion(C)-Craig Smith
      Jordy Murray-Derek Stepan-Michael Davies
      Ben Street(C)-Aaron Bendickson-Ben Grotting
      John Mitchell-Sean Dolan-Podge Turnbull

Ryan McDonagh(C)-Jake Gardiner
      Brendan Smith-John Ramage
      Cody Goloubef-Justin Schultz

Scott Gudmandson

VERMONT

Colin Vock-Brayden Irwin-Sebastian Stalberg
      Josh Burrows-Brian Roloff-Chris McCarthy
      Brett Leonard-Jay Anctil-Tobias Nilsson Roos
      Jack Downing-Jonathan Higgins-David Pacan

Drew MacKenzie-Kyle Medvec
      Dan Lawson-Kevan Miller
      Patrick Cullity-Anders Franzon

Rob Madore

Comment

In the lobby of the Holiday Inn right now..just had a decent conversation with the Vermont goalie coach...nice guy.

I appologized for having such a solid 4 lines
        In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
        I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

No trash talkin', no ranting.

Three simple words....ahem....*clearing throat*.....

****'EM BUCKY!!!!!
          "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

To: Catamount goalie(s)

It's nothing personal, and please do not take offense when The Crease Creatures inform you that.....

IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT......

SIEVE !!!!!!!!
            In any sport, the anticipation of what might happen, is almost as important as what actually happens. ~Bob Costas
            "It's a great day for hockey."~"Badger" Bob Johnson

Comment

I think the lesson that can be gleaned from the game today is...

If you spurn a Wisconsin scholarship, you will lose in the first round as a 2 seed.

Hello Kessel and Weircoch!

Comment

Well, to borrow a phrase from the inferior NCAA tournament currently ongoing, "Survive and Advance!". Wasn't pretty at times, but I will certainly take it.

Comment

One down, three to go.
                  "...the great state University of Wisconsin should ever encourage that continual and fearless sifting and winnowing by which alone the truth can be found."

Wisconsin '05 Michigan '07

http://noalibisnoregrets.blogspot.com/

my other blog

Comment

We Sing!
                    Originally posted by WiscTJK
                    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                    Originally posted by Timothy A
                    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

I like the way that Guddy is playing right now and if Bucky could have lifted the puck on a couple of the close in chances this wouldn't have been such a nail biter. Mador goes down faster that a Gopher fan in a gay bar.

How many times did Vermont ice the puck or go in offsides during the first ten minutes of the third period? Seemed like a ton to me.

Congrats to Vermont on a tough, hard fought game. They definitely played like they belonged in the tournament. Their style of play kinda reminds me of Mankato a bit.
                      Signature under construction.....bids being accepted.

Comment

Originally posted by HighToTheGloveSide View Post
                        I like the way that Guddy is playing right now and if Bucky could have lifted the puck on a couple of the close in chances this wouldn't have been such a nail biter. Mador goes down faster that a Gopher fan in a gay bar.

How many times did Vermont ice the puck or go in offsides during the first ten minutes of the third period? Seemed like a ton to me.

Congrats to Vermont on a tough, hard fought game. They definitely played like they belonged in the tournament. Their style of play kinda reminds me of Mankato a bit.
                        Comparing us to a team who finished 9th in your conference, gee thanks, nice compliment.

In all seriousness, you guys do have a deep team, the roster is full of NHL draft picks. Your power play was lethal, our passive PK style which we have used all year was not effective at all.

Great first period for Vermont, but we were vastly outplayed in most of the 2nd and 3rd period. Your goalie did seem to be fighting the puck most of the game, needs to play better, I think, to get past SCSU.

Good luck to both teams.
                        Last edited by VermontFan; 03-26-2010, 11:46 PM.

Comment

I'm reasonably happy with how the lads played.

Only concern is twice the UW D allowed the F to get the corner on driving to the net, once instance ended up a goal.

Gardiner had one UGLY pass up the middle right to a UV player. He also had a great end to end rush, I think it was 4 on 4.

Davies is a shooting machine.

Why isn't McD in the NHL right now?

PP looked great, but Vermont was way too passive. St. Cloud did a great job on the PK last week, pressuring the puck. UW will have to pop some 5 on 5's tomorrow to win.

Really liked how UW took control of the game in the right away in the 2nd period after Vermont had controlled the first period territorially.
                          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by VermontFan View Post
                            Comparing us to a team who finished 9th in your conference, gee thanks, nice compliment.
                            I think it was more of a comparison of style than results. Mankato has some big boys as well, they play physical, etc. Not meant to be a put down.

Now, if we were to compare your coach to Troy Jutting, that's a different story.
                            "...the great state University of Wisconsin should ever encourage that continual and fearless sifting and winnowing by which alone the truth can be found."

Wisconsin '05 Michigan '07

http://noalibisnoregrets.blogspot.com/

my other blog

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                              I'm reasonably happy with how the lads played.

Only concern is twice the UW D allowed the F to get the corner on driving to the net, once instance ended up a goal.

Gardiner had one UGLY pass up the middle right to a UV player. He also had a great end to end rush, I think it was 4 on 4.

Davies is a shooting machine.

Why isn't McD in the NHL right now?

PP looked great, but Vermont was way too passive. St. Cloud did a great job on the PK last week, pressuring the puck. UW will have to pop some 5 on 5's tomorrow to win.

Really liked how UW took control of the game in the right away in the 2nd period after Vermont had controlled the first period territorially.
                              I believe Stepan was back on D because either McD, or Goulobef not sure which one went deep into the offensive zone and Stepan stayed back to cover.
                              If at first you don't succeed, try cheating.

Comment

Originally posted by VermontFan View Post
                                1- I was comparing the style of play and not the teams themselves. Tough, gritty style like Kato plays.

2- Your comment seems a bit hollow since Vermont finished in 8th place in Hockey East.
                                Signature under construction.....bids being accepted.

Comment

Working...
                                X