Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ohio State Next Coach?

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
    I can't believe Gwozdecky didn't make the final three. His stock must really be falling.

You can pretty much bet that Osiecki is going to get the job and is going to do a great job.
    good, hands off Cav

Comment

Osiecki having head coaching experience, not being a Markell disciple, and not being from the Northeast...you have to think the job is his.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by RedhawkBandMan View Post
          OSU should hire Casey Jones. He knows the program, right?

But if you take Oz, it will be another reason to hate OSU even more.
          "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
            Osiecki would be the wise choice. He's been a head man before. He's the best defensive coach in the country, IMHO. And he has Big 10 street cred with a program that's won national titles.
            I agree. He was on my personal short list from the start, along with Bergeron and Nate Leaman (love the way union plays hockey).

So maybe Gwoz suggested him as a way to get him out of the WCHA?

Comment

Originally posted by Draighlicht View Post
              I agree. He was on my personal short list from the start, along with Bergeron and Nate Leaman (love the way union plays hockey).

So maybe Gwoz suggested him as a way to get him out of the WCHA?
              Or perhaps because Gwoz is also a Wisconsin alumnus....

Comment

Maybe Gwoz is not a candidate because he would cost around $300k per season. Hiring an assistance would cost about $300k for 3 seasons and you take a chance whether it works out, or not. With a $300k coach you have a proven winner and Gwoz will pay for himself.

A problem with Jones is that he bolted for the Big Red once, if that head coach job would come open , what guarantees he wouldn't jump ship again...none. I say skip Casey. He didn't show loyalty here.

If that final three is accurate, Osiecki is the clear cut best of the bunch.
                Last edited by Twisted Wrister; 04-21-2010, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Twisted Wrister View Post
                  Maybe Gwoz is not a candidate because he would cost around $300k per season. Hiring an assistance would cost about $300k for 3 seasons and you take a chance whether it works out, or not. With a $300k coach you have a proven winner and Gwoz will pay for himself.
                  Gwoz already makes well north of $300K in Denver. Probably close to $400K when you count camps and other perks.

Comment

A problem with Jones is that he bolted for the Big Red once, if that head coach job would come open , what guarantees he wouldn't jump ship again...none. I say skip Casey. He didn't show loyalty here.

If that final three is accurate, Osiecki is the clear cut best of the bunch.
                    A) To get a guy like Gwoz you're going to have to make him the richest coach in the country, which he may be already. Probably $400,000 plus

B) $300,000 for three seasons if you hire an assistant? I think that's a bit short my friend. Osiecki was making $100,000 in the USHL. No way he would get that low of a salary at Ohio State.

Comment

Casey didn't show loyalty? I guess 13 seasons don't mean anything, do they? When it comes to loyalty, you may want to check how many current CCHA and WCHA assistants have been in their present jobs for 13 years. You'll find Tom Newton at MSU and Billy Powers and Mel Pearson at Michigan. I doubt you'll find many more.
                      "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

A problem with Jones is that he bolted for the Big Red once, if that head coach job would come open , what guarantees he wouldn't jump ship again...none. I say skip Casey. He didn't show loyalty here....
                        Davy beat me to it, but it bears repeating...

Jones works his tail off as an OSU AC for 13 seasons and you accuse him of not being loyal? Wow. WOW. Exactly how long should he have stayed to qualify as loyal? Should he have waited until Markell hit mandatory retirement age and left for his timeshare in Boca? or Perhaps when Coach M. keeled over in practice at age 78? (I suppose then you would have accused him of being an opportunist.)
                        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

My real point is I want someone who wants to stay here for the long haul, don't trust him if the Cornell job opened up is a year or two. Osiecki is the best choice.

Comment

My real point is I want someone who wants to stay here for the long haul, don't trust him if the Cornell job opened up is a year or two. Osiecki is the best choice.
                            What happens if the Wisconsin job opens up in a year or two?

Comment

Originally posted by RedhawkBandMan View Post
                              Whew- glad to see steerling Cooper is so reliable with the "they won't hire an assistant coach".....lol so hilarious how clueless some trolls are.

OSU can't go wrong with either of those canidates, but I would be catious as a fan of OSU with this being their choice. To me it indicates they really aren't willing to put a bigger committment into the program. Time will tell I guess, good luck to the new head man.
                              Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

As far as loyalty goes, why is it that when a successful coach or player leaves one team for another, he is being disloyal. But when he is having a tough season, the fans call for his head on a platter? Doesn't loyalty run both ways? Nobody ever seems to cry, "Where's the loyalty..." when the coach who had a losing season reigns...
                                Last edited by davyd83; 04-22-2010, 05:55 AM.
                                "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Working...
                                X