• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ohio State Next Coach?

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
    *seethe shootout hate*

It was a tie. End of story.
    I take it you don't like the shootouts? I'm actually ambivalent regarding shootouts. I don't have a problem with them, but I wouldn't mind if they just went back to ties, either.

Comment

Originally posted by Bleachered View Post
      Wow, click on basketball practice facility project.

http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/Vie...CLID=204781173

Is this facility going to help the men's team play in the paint and the women's team to not flame out in the first round of the NCAA tournament?

Oh, and how will this expansion increase dwindling attendance at OSU men's basketball games?

Here's another article about the project.

http://columbus.bizjournals.com/colu...3/story12.html

I'm sure OSU can do two things at one time, but how will a hockey arena be funded in addition to this major project at the Schott?
      Recruiting tool. Nothing more; nothing less. Sadly, it's a waste of money to keep up with the Joneses.

Comment

Originally posted by Sterling Cooper View Post
        Recruiting tool. Nothing more; nothing less. Sadly, it's a waste of money to keep up with the Joneses.
        Same thing's going on here in Minnesota. Tubby Smith wants a practice facility. I don't know what's wrong with practicing where you play your games especially at Williams Arena.

Comment

I'm still mad at both our basketball teams for blowing it in the NCAA's this year. Absolutely ridiculous.

Please build a state-of-the-art hockey rink before you build a practice facility for the basketball teams. I do like college basketball, but jesus it's sure shoved down our throats, along with football at OSU. Hockey isn't marketed hardly at all. Build a big shiny rink and they will come. And build it on the Field House. lol. That place is a dump. I know it has a weight room in it, though. But build a nice big one in the new rink. There is also a weight room in the Schott, so that shouldn't be an issue. The OSU Ice Rink was my home rink, so I have a soft spot for it. But I have also been to Ridder in Minnesota. That's a college hockey rink. The teams at OSU deserve a nice facility comparable to the other teams in their leagues.
          "Great moments are born from great opportunities." -- Herb Brooks

Ohio State Women's Club Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by CammieBuckeye View Post
            I'm still mad at both our basketball teams for blowing it in the NCAA's this year. Absolutely ridiculous.

Please build a state-of-the-art hockey rink before you build a practice facility for the basketball teams. I do like college basketball, but jesus it's sure shoved down our throats, along with football at OSU. Hockey isn't marketed hardly at all. Build a big shiny rink and they will come. And build it on the Field House. lol. That place is a dump. I know it has a weight room in it, though. But build a nice big one in the new rink. There is also a weight room in the Schott, so that shouldn't be an issue. The OSU Ice Rink was my home rink, so I have a soft spot for it. But I have also been to Ridder in Minnesota. That's a college hockey rink. The teams at OSU deserve a nice facility comparable to the other teams in their leagues.
            Meanwhile, our hockey programs brought home 5 Olympic medals.

7K hockey facility on the river for the men's and women's programs combining a state of the art facility, with the intimate, loud and raucous environment that old St. John gave the basketball teams. I can dream.

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
              That is correct ... 2/27/10 ... mcfarljd must have missed that one.
              Nah, I don't read into the Shootout wins or losses, still a tie in my book whether it happened at the Goggin with Miami getting the extra point or not.

And yes, those Army/Clarkson games were awful. Thankfully you guys sell booze, otherwise I dunno what I would have done.

Comment

Originally posted by thebrain View Post
                Same thing's going on here in Minnesota. Tubby Smith wants a practice facility. I don't know what's wrong with practicing where you play your games especially at Williams Arena.
                The word is they supposely just isn't enough baskets to go around for the Gophers and camps. Which results in more money for Tubby and the school.
                Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by Sterling Cooper View Post
                  If, however, Minnesota really wants Blasi, I'd put the odds much higher that you lose him.
                  IMO, tdon has one more year to right the ship if not Minnesota will throw huge money around looking for the next coach. If by chance Blasi decides to say no to OSU could that mean he might have a good feeling Maturi might hire him in a year or two? It is a big if but you never know.

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
                    IMO, tdon has one more year to right the ship if not Minnesota will throw huge money around looking for the next coach. If by chance Blasi decides to say no to OSU could that mean he might have a good feeling Maturi might hire him in a year or two? It is a big if but you never know.
                    Yea, I just can't see him biting regardless of what Ohio State might possibly throw on the table in terms of salary and a possible new facility--too many negatives (snubbing his alma mater for an in-state rival, being at best 3rd in the sports pecking order and so on) along with the possibility of a much bigger positive (600K-700K offer from Minny) looming just 12 months down the road.

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
                      Nah, I don't read into the Shootout wins or losses, still a tie in my book whether it happened at the Goggin with Miami getting the extra point or not.

And yes, those Army/Clarkson games were awful. Thankfully you guys sell booze, otherwise I dunno what I would have done.
                      Even if you consider a shootout loss a tie, your original quote was "winning streak" referring to the Schott - not quite accurate...(give me something to keep a little pride)
                      OSU - we got nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by busboy View Post
                        Even if you consider a shootout loss a tie, your original quote was "winning streak" referring to the Schott - not quite accurate...(give me something to keep a little pride)
                        Ha okay there ya go... non-losing streak

Comment

Originally posted by busboy View Post
                          There are no such things as "shootout losses." There are wins, losses, ties and shootout wins.
                          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
                            Blasi isn't going to OSU. He just got a new contract with a big raise last week.
                            "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                              Blasi isn't going to OSU. He just got a new contract with a big raise last week.
                              I didn't see the raise.

Comment

Originally posted by CammieBuckeye View Post

Cammie, agree on all points! Both the hoops teams choked it up and please, athletic department, find a way to build a hockey-only facility!

Comment

Working...
                                X