Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ohio State Next Coach?

Originally posted by Sterling Cooper View Post
    One other thing to consider is that the university is finally moving ahead with the $2.5 Billion dollar university campaign that was delayed with the financial crash. Currently, it's in the "quiet phase." While only a tiny portion of that $2.5B will go to athletics, there is no centerpiece item for the athletic portion. Geiger pretty much built everything that needed to be built, so what better big ticket item is left for the AD than a state of the art 7K hockey facility for the men's and women's programs.
    lets hope it gets done and in the mean time get a good quality coach in to lead the program in the right direction.

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
      lets hope it gets done and in the mean time get a good quality coach in to lead the program in the right direction.
      Nothing would warm my heart better than seeing The Schott's ice relegated to the occasional traveling production of The Jeffersons on Ice.

Comment

Nothing would warm my heart better than seeing The Schott's ice relegated to the occasional traveling production of The Jeffersons on Ice.
        im right with ya on that one.

Comment

Nothing is more awesome than breaking in a new barn, well, so far nothing is more awesome. We'll see what I have to say about that after this weekend

Hope you guys can get one, but can we keep our winning streak going in that one. Got a nice little run at the Schott going on.

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
            Nothing is more awesome than breaking in a new barn, well, so far nothing is more awesome. We'll see what I have to say about that after this weekend

Hope you guys can get one, but can we keep our winning streak going in that one. Got a nice little run at the Schott going on.
            As long as it's OSU you're playing and not Clarkson or Army you guys do alright...

Comment

One other thing to consider is that the university is finally moving ahead with the $2.5 Billion dollar university campaign that was delayed by the financial crash. Currently, it's in the "quiet phase." While only a tiny portion of that $2.5B will go to athletics, there is no centerpiece item for the athletic portion. Geiger pretty much built everything that needed to be built, so what better big ticket item is left for the AD than a state of the art 7K hockey facility for the men's and women's programs.
              Sorry to throw a damper on this discussion but the next item to be built at OSU is a basketball practice facility. They are within a couple million $ of breaking ground on that. It will be attached to the Schott.

I wouldn't count on seeing a hockey only facility for ten years.

Comment

The program should really be booming by that point!

Comment

Originally posted by Draighlicht View Post
                  Sorry to throw a damper on this discussion but the next item to be built at OSU is a basketball practice facility. They are within a couple million $ of breaking ground on that. It will be attached to the Schott.

I wouldn't count on seeing a hockey only facility for ten years.
                  they already have one inside the schott.

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
                    they already have one inside the schott.
                    They're building another one.

Comment

My guess for the new Coach will be this guy.

http://www.gogriffs.com/ViewArticle....&Q_SEASON=2009
                      " PUT ME IN COACH. "

Comment

Wow, click on basketball practice facility project.

http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/Vie...CLID=204781173

Is this facility going to help the men's team play in the paint and the women's team to not flame out in the first round of the NCAA tournament?

Oh, and how will this expansion increase dwindling attendance at OSU men's basketball games?

Here's another article about the project.

http://columbus.bizjournals.com/colu...3/story12.html

I'm sure OSU can do two things at one time, but how will a hockey arena be funded in addition to this major project at the Schott?
                        'Must win? World War Two was a must win.' - Marv Levy

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post

Didn't you lose in a shootout the last game there?
                          OSU - we got nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by irishfan85 View Post
                            Why would anyone want to play for OSU, unless they had ties to the school/state, if they were being recruited by Minnesota, Michigan State and Michigan whom all play in hockey-only facilities that are consistently sold out and the environment is great. OSU plays in an empty arena that is for bouncy ball and then has to play a home play-off series in the equivlent of a high school rink.

I'll go a step further. I'd rather play for NMU, SCSU, Bemidji, Miami, Duluth, St. Lawrence, RPI, UNH, Maine where you are the big man on campus, play in facilities designed for hockey with huge crowd support.

Ohio State needs to generate interest and put in more support if it wants to compete. It is not all about a new coach.
                            You sort of had me in the first paragraph, then lost me with the flames in the second and third paragraphs regarding all the other schools you would choose over Ohio State, along with the implication that we don't compete. You must have missed our victories over Denver, Michigan, and Miami this season. Maybe you missed our NCAA Tournament appearance last season, too. I do agree with your last sentence, and I think everyone agrees that we need more than just a new coach. OTOH, we have to start the upgrade process somewhere and certainly, other than last season's NCAA Tournament appearance, John Markell did nothing in recent years to warrant an extension.
                            Last edited by osualum86; 04-06-2010, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by busboy View Post
                              Didn't you lose in a shootout the last game there?
                              That is correct ... 2/27/10 ... mcfarljd must have missed that one.

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
                                That is correct ... 2/27/10 ... mcfarljd must have missed that one.
                                *seethe shootout hate*

It was a tie. End of story.

Comment

Working...
                                X