Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ohio State Next Coach?

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
    Good luck getting to the moon without Huntsville. Besides, we're talking about facts, and ... tOSU still hasn't beaten UAH on the D-I level.

Oh, sorry ... you'd rather craft ad hominem attacks when it suits you.

GFM
    Five bucks says he had to look up ad hominem. No wait, five bucks says he's too stupid to use a dictionary. Now if everyone would stop quoting him.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishHockeyFan View Post
      Five bucks says he had to look up ad hominem. No wait, five bucks says he's too stupid to use a dictionary. Now if everyone would stop quoting him.
      This is, in and of itself, ad hominem.

Be the change you wish to see,
      GFM
      Geof F. Morris
      UAH BSE MAE 2002
      UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by IrishHockeyFan View Post
        C'mon. If this is what it takes to make an Alabami...Alabamican...Alabamamanian...Alabaman to actually use a dictionary and learn a new word, we should be encouraging the young lad....not taunting him back up into the short bus.

Comment

Alabama...MAN! That's the word I was searching for.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...7817440305842#

Comment

You know... Mr. Mad Men is kinda growing on me. The level of forum dbaggery exhibited in this thread is sought by many and achieved by few. My hat off to you sir, it has been anything but dull.

Comment

If Jason Lammers threw his name in the hat, would the administration turn their noses up at him also?
              Alaska - My Very Big Back Yard!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sterling Cooper View Post
                Wake me up when Alabama has anything the civilized world cares about.
                Mr Cooper, your denegration of the great state of Alabama is quite rude. I've never really heard of Ohio as being referred to as the cosmopolitan center of the universe. In fact there are many areas of the state that strongly resemble every two bit comedians jokes about southern states.
                "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

I have a couple of comments/observations and then this is the last time I will talk about the problems that are in the past now. 1) I noticed HB talking about resentment brewing among the players as some (RJ his example) receive special treatment, I heard this was a problem throughout John's tenure as coach. I have said it before Casey and Jason recruited all of the talent that was on this year's team and that bond was completely broken this year when Lammers left too. Jones and Lammers were able to coach/manage around John's favoritism while Brent and Bitner were not strong enough voices in the room to make that happen yet. It also depends on how players like RJ and/or Dalpe handle it, that can cause the special treatment to turn into resentment. Someone on an earlier thread alluded to problems several years ago and a revolt that was stymied by a team that had some success and the belief the AD wouldn't listen. 2) Busboy talked about development and the OSU type of player, John definitely didn't change with the times and/or his system to fit the talents of the players on his team, he did not evolve as BB put it. When you have square pegs they just don't fit into round holes. 3) John seemed to fall in love with certain players whose talent and play on the ice did not come anywhere near warranting the icetime they were seeing. It's one thing (understandable) to ride the horses, the Alberts, Dalpes, Umbergers etc...but when you continually promote your pet projects to the detriment of the team that is where the resentment came in and team unity out the window. 4) Lets get back to talking about the future coach and hopefully the beginning of something special for Buckeye Hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by HckyDoc View Post
                    I have a couple of comments/observations and then this is the last time I will talk about the problems that are in the past now. 1) I noticed HB talking about resentment brewing among the players as some (RJ his example) receive special treatment, I heard this was a problem throughout John's tenure as coach. I have said it before Casey and Jason recruited all of the talent that was on this year's team and that bond was completely broken this year when Lammers left too. Jones and Lammers were able to coach/manage around John's favoritism while Brent and Bitner were not strong enough voices in the room to make that happen yet. It also depends on how players like RJ and/or Dalpe handle it, that can cause the special treatment to turn into resentment. Someone on an earlier thread alluded to problems several years ago and a revolt that was stymied by a team that had some success and the belief the AD wouldn't listen. 2) Busboy talked about development and the OSU type of player, John definitely didn't change with the times and/or his system to fit the talents of the players on his team, he did not evolve as BB put it. When you have square pegs they just don't fit into round holes. 3) John seemed to fall in love with certain players whose talent and play on the ice did not come anywhere near warranting the icetime they were seeing. It's one thing (understandable) to ride the horses, the Alberts, Dalpes, Umbergers etc...but when you continually promote your pet projects to the detriment of the team that is where the resentment came in and team unity out the window. 4) Lets get back to talking about the future coach and hopefully the beginning of something special for Buckeye Hockey.
                    Well said, well said!

Comment

Originally posted by Sterling Cooper View Post
                      Other than the unnecessary (since I was actually asking to be educated about what differentiated Miami from BG) smack at the end, that was a pretty good and informative post.

Can you expand upon how Miami "endowed" their hockey program and separated it from the rest of the athletic department's financial quicksand?
                      You're worried by my smack at the end, when you just attacked a guy and an entire state because he was from Alabama??? I mean, hey, I'm no fan of Alabama, but time and place, eh?

Here's one article I found about Miami's endowment .... note, it says it's still not fully endowed. I hadn't remembered that part.

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...23_bgramps.php

I don't know what kind of accounting they use - I just know what it says there.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebron23 View Post
                        I think Schafer from cornell, if hired at OSU, would be the nail in the Ohio State hockey coffin. Yes, hes a great recruiter and has had tremendous success in the ECAC, i just dont see the 10,000 fans a game everybody says we need to build a quality fan base, to come and watch paint dry. Cornell sells out every game because they have an enormous amount of tradition and quite frankly, there isn't much else to do in Ithaca. Their dump and trap, dump and trap style is painful to watch in person and maddening when trying to watch on tv. I tried watching the Cornell vs. Quinnipiac game on the NHL Network a few weeks back and couldn't make it through the first period. I feel this style of play would turn off any remaining fans they might still have.
                        Yeah, I see your point. Shafer's awful habit of winning league championships and gaining repeated NCAA births has gotten soooo boring for Cornell fans...I can see why OSU wouldn't want anything to do with that... Better for them to hire some assistant and retake their position in bottom third.
                        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                          Mr Cooper, your denegration of the great state of Alabama is quite rude. I've never really heard of Ohio as being referred to as the cosmopolitan center of the universe. In fact there are many areas of the state that strongly resemble every two bit comedians jokes about southern states.
                          What makes it funnier to me is that I grew up in Ohio. I mean, didn't the Wright State joke kinda make that clear?

GFM <-- Air Force brat.
                          Geof F. Morris
                          UAH BSE MAE 2002
                          UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                            What makes it funnier to me is that I grew up in Ohio. I mean, didn't the Wright State joke kinda make that clear?

GFM <-- Air Force brat.
                            I just keep checking this thread to see what asinine thing this sterling guy posts next. He's just like UMICHHOCKEYRulz and Billy Blanks!
                            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Schlacker Rat View Post
                              If Jason Lammers threw his name in the hat, would the administration turn their noses up at him also?

Do you think that Lammers wishes he never left now that Markell is gone? I think Lammers would be a good choice to Coach this team.

I wish he was still in the Buckeye Hockey program , I think he would be a good fit.
                              " PUT ME IN COACH. "

Comment

Originally posted by THE OHIO STATE View Post
                                Do you think that Lammers wishes he never left now that Markell is gone? I think Lammers would be a good choice to Coach this team.

I wish he was still in the Buckeye Hockey program , I think he would be a good fit.
                                I had to google Jason Lammers because I had forgotten where he went. I think we would have a good chance of hiring him away from Colorado College if that's the direction we want to go.

Comment

Working...
                                X