UML offseason looking towards 2010/11 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UML offseason looking towards 2010/11 season

He has a history of bringing in elite level talent though. Just food for thought.
    Lowell Forever
    Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
      He has a history of bringing in elite level talent though. Just food for thought.
      As I said, he's got the backing and the name of tOSU behind him. That helps. No idea if he can do that at a smaller university.
      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
        I've heard that we're going to Princeton for a pair and that Mankato may be coming here for a pair. Don't know the other 3 games, but I was told no trips involving a plane, and no holiday tourneys. (Of course, I was told all of this was a few months ago, so things may have changed)
        I have heard that the other games would be against Niagara, RIT and possibly Bentley.....not very impressive.
        What did you say?
        Who own the Chiefs?
        What did he say?
        Owns! Owns!

Comment

Originally posted by gochiefs View Post
          I have heard that the other games would be against Niagara, RIT and possibly Bentley.....not very impressive.
          No it's not. Might just be to help the kids get some confidence?

BTW, UMass has lost Wellman to the Wild after just two years. There's rumors that Marcou might be gone as well.
          Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
          2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
          2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
          2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by gochiefs View Post
            Home or away?
            Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
            "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Home or away?
              Would not be surprised that the Niagara/RIT would be away and the Bentley game being at home....just a guess.
              - John

2013, 2014, 2017: UML Hockey: Hockey East Champions!

Comment

Home or away?
                If we're playing Bentley again, it'd better be home. I don't see too many Hockey East teams banging down the door to play in that MDC dump in Watertown...
                UMASS LOWELL RIVER HAWKS HOCKEY

Comment

Looks like the banquet will be April 11 at the UMass-Lowell Inn and Conference Center.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...quetInvite.pdf
                  Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                  "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

No radio show? I was hoping to hear something about the next season schedule. I hope it's better than RIT, Niagara and Bentley. I understand it may help build confidence but I would rather play a tougher schedule.

I just took a look at the 2006/2007 NC schedule which was the freshman season of this large graduating class.
                    2x @ UMD
                    Omaha Stampede
                    Northern Michigan & Niagara
                    St Lawrence
                    @ Union
                    @ RPI
                    Denver Cup
                    Brown & Denver

The team went 1-5-3 in those NC games, Four of the five loses were by 1 goal, somethings never change.

Comment

Looks like the banquet will be April 11 at the UMass-Lowell Inn and Conference Center.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...quetInvite.pdf
                      They are also planning their 1st Annual Reverse Raffle on Saturday, April 10, 2010 at the Tsongas.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                        They are also planning their 1st Annual Reverse Raffle on Saturday, April 10, 2010 at the Tsongas.
                        What's that entail?
                        Lowell Forever
                        Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
                          What's that entail?
                          Here's the info.
                          Dear Friend of UMass Lowell Hockey:

The UMass Lowell Center Ice Club would like to invite you to our 1st Annual Reverse Raffle on Saturday, April 10, 2010. The raffle social will be held at the Tsongas Center. Please join us and bring a guest for an evening of socializing, entertainment, an open bar (beer, wine, and soda), all-you-can-eat hors d’oeuvres and, of course, the Reverse Raffle, all inclusive for $110.00

The evening will be very entertaining and we can’t overlook the lucky cash recipients! A total of $5,000 in cash and prizes will be given out on April 10. Our goal is to make this event more than just a fundraiser by having the Reverse Raffle become the social event of the hockey season and serve as a way to bring our alumni, Center Ice Club members, parents, and friends together for an evening of fun. Please plan on joining us and making this event a success.

Here is how the Reverse Raffle works. Each ticket number (1-175) will have a corresponding ping-pong ball entered into a raffle drum. Balls will be drawn from the raffle drum throughout the evening until one ball remains. The holder of this lucky numbered ping-pong ball will claim the cash prize. Additionally, during the evening, there will be other miscellaneous prizes given out during the countdown to the final number.

Please join us in supporting UMass Lowell Hockey with a night out with a guest, unlimited hors d’oeuvres, open bar, entertainment and, of course, your chance to win the cash prize.

To purchase your ticket, please fill out the included application and send a check payable to: Center Ice Club c/o Katie Gill, UMass Lowell Hockey Office, 300 Martin Luther King Jr. Way, Tsongas Center, Lowell, MA 01852. Requests will be honored for specific numbers on a first come, first served basis. You will be sent a confirmation along with your ticket # prior to raffle. You do not need to be present to win the grand prize but you do need to be present to win any of the miscellaneous prizes given out during the evening.

Thank you for your support,
                          Blaise MacDonald and Bill Riley

Center Ice Reverse Raffle
                          Name: _______________________________________

Address: _______________________________________

Phone: _______________________________________

Email: _______________________________________

Number of Tickets _____ Amount Enclosed __________

Please send to Center Ice Club
                          C/o Katie Gill
                          Tsongas Center
                          300 Martin Luther King Jr. Way
                          Lowell, Ma. 01852

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Tear Here

Reverse Raffle Receipt

Name _____________________________________________

Number of Tickets _____________ Amount Enclosed _______

Saturday, April 10, 2010 at the Tsongas Center.

See you there and thank you for supporting UMass Lowell Hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                            That's how I won my love sac when I was a student.

Let's all be adults and keep certain comments to yourselves...

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post

Why start now?
                                Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                                Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                                "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                                KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Working...
                                X