Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alaska Anchorage Offseason 2010 (Finally)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alaska Anchorage Offseason 2010 (Finally)

Thank God its finnally over, while tying for 8th is an improvement, this still was another horrible season in my opinion for Seawolf Hockey. There are several Areas that need to improve over the offseason. We have a decent crop of recruits coming in it sounds like (Bailey, Gunderson & Mcleod should all get playing time consistantly). Plus should get a few others over the summer as well.

Please Seawolf fans who are out there, if you hear or see anything if its via DTP, ADN or any other news related site, keep us informed.

GO SEAWOLVES
    Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Re: Alaska Anchorage Offseason 2010 (Finally)

Originally posted by seawolfpunk View Post
    Thank God its finnally over, while tying for 8th is an improvement, this still was another horrible season in my opinion for Seawolf Hockey. There are several Areas that need to improve over the offseason. We have a decent crop of recruits coming in it sounds like (Bailey, Gunderson & Mcleod should all get playing time consistantly). Plus should get a few others over the summer as well.

Please Seawolf fans who are out there, if you hear or see anything if its via DTP, ADN or any other news related site, keep us informed.

GO SEAWOLVES
    While it wasn't the best ending to the season, I enjoyed this one better than any other season in the past 5 years. When was the last time UAA beat every team except one, and took so many points from nationally ranked teams?

Goaltending needs to be addressed, as well as what went wrong with the teams power play. Clarky and Lunden graduating leaves a big hole for next year, but we have Grant, Wiles, Parky, Haddad, and others who are capable scorers. Let's hope next seasons seniors have an awesome breakout year like Clark did. At least they didn't end the season in 9th or 10th. Baby steps, but improvements that you can see.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
      While it wasn't the best ending to the season, I enjoyed this one better than any other season in the past 5 years. When was the last time UAA beat every team except one, and took so many points from nationally ranked teams?

Goaltending needs to be addressed, as well as what went wrong with the teams power play. Clarky and Lunden graduating leaves a big hole for next year, but we have Grant, Wiles, Parky, Haddad, and others who are capable scorers. Let's hope next seasons seniors have an awesome breakout year like Clark did. At least they didn't end the season in 9th or 10th. Baby steps, but improvements that you can see.
      I dont know the last time we beat every team but one, but it wasn't this season. We didn't beat SCSU nor Wisconsin. 8 out of 10 is still good though We did get at least one point from every team except one

Comment

Originally posted by hop-less View Post
        I dont know the last time we beat every team but one, but it wasn't this season. We didn't beat SCSU nor Wisconsin. 8 out of 10 is still good though We did get at least one point from every team except one
        Yes, Fairbanks

Comment

Originally posted by hop-less View Post
          Actually, I heard Shyiak say that on the radio. But you're right, we were 1/10th of a second away from beating SCSU. Close enough for me.
          Originally Posted by aparch
          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by birdman View Post
            Yes, Fairbanks
            uh No A55hole Wisconsin, you don't play in our Conference.
            Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

Working...
            X