Elmira College Hockey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elmira College Hockey

Anybody have any views on Elmira's season, good or bad?

Re: Elmira College Hockey

Emotional roller coaster.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by college hockey 01 View Post
      Anybody have any views on Elmira's season, good or bad?
      They were one of the top 8 teams in D3 - that's good....

They lost the last game they played - that's bad...

roller coaster - you betcha!

Any D3 team (except the remaining four) would take their season in a heartbeat....
      LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Prez-
        I am glad I ended up not making the trip. I might have wanted to drive my car off the road on the way home. First Manhattanville then Norwich! Too much for one season. I did watch it on television by way of internet. I had a feeling even down to the last couple of minutes that was going to be the outcome. If it wasn't for Tuttle score would have been much worse. I hope they have a goalie for next year.

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
          ...Any D3 team (except the remaining four) would take their season in a heartbeat....
          An excellent point and one often overlooked after losing.

I also have to give them "credit" for putting Morrisville on the map (though their first period against Princeton, might have done that - and it was Princeton's NCAA D1 team).
          Larry Normandin
          SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
          WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by college hockey 01 View Post
            Prez-
            I am glad I ended up not making the trip. I might have wanted to drive my car off the road on the way home. First Manhattanville then Norwich! Too much for one season. I did watch it on television by way of internet. I had a feeling even down to the last couple of minutes that was going to be the outcome. If it wasn't for Tuttle score would have been much worse. I hope they have a goalie for next year.
            As i said in my recap...it was a ticking time bomb. The loss felt just like all the time we walked out of RIT with losses and our heads down.

Very very frustrating to say the least that the last two games I saw...the two biggest games of the season, EC couldn't hold onto one goal leads in the last minute of play.
            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
            GO LAKERS!!!
            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
            Oswego State '09

Comment

I agree with Prez, it was an emotional rollercoaster for sure. I still can't believe how they lost to Norwich and Manhattanville.

I still think they need to recruit more players who can dump in the puck and go to the corners to get it. I hate it when they try the fancy crap and turn the puck over. They sure love the toe drag, and it rarely works. I also hate how they sat on one goal leads and relied on Tuttle to save the day, and that is more pressure than any goalie can handle.

Other than all of that complaining, it was a great first season for Saul and I think the sophmore class has impressed me the most this season. I always look forward to another season at the domes!
              2006, 2010 ECAC West Pick'Em Champion.

Comment

Originally posted by smbenny View Post
                I also hate how they sat on one goal leads and relied on Tuttle to save the day, and that is more pressure than any goalie can handle.
                Against NU, it made some sense, most teams that tried to run with Norwich got eaten up at some point in the third. That being said, there's an old saying from football - the prevent defense is usually good at preventing one thing - it prevents you from winning.

It wasn't like they totally shut it down, but they definitely were conservative in their offensive approach.
                2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by smbenny View Post
                  I still can't believe how they lost to Norwich and Manhattanville.
                  Both losses were indirectly the result of an own-zone defensive turnover late in the games when the kids were gripping the sticks a bit too tightly.

However, my completely uneducated synopsis is that if EC wouldn't have packed it in against both, and at least attempted to score in the second halves of the game, let the players play the style to which they're accustomed, hopefully they wouldn't be sitting on one-goal leads at the end of each game.

Comment

Working...
                  X