PDA

View Full Version : Cheap *** Sioux!

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

SoCalSiouxFan
03-15-2010, 01:48 PM
Honestly, when a Gopher player hits the ice the way Wehrs did the first thing out of my mouth is typically "Shoot him like a horse."

Should have ejected Wehrs for leaving his feet.:D

http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/image/id/30184/headline/Frattin%20check/

“I decided to try to get the boys going — big hit, a costly five minutes,” Frattin said of his hit on Wehrs. “But it was great PK for our team. That was a huge momentum swing for us and we didn’t look back after that.”

Read more: http://www.uscho.com/recaps/20092010/m/03/14/umn-und.php#ixzz0iGqyjJqP

huskiesfan1990
03-15-2010, 01:51 PM

“I decided to try to get the boys going — big hit, a costly five minutes,” Frattin said of his hit on Wehrs. “But it was great PK for our team. That was a huge momentum swing for us and we didn’t look back after that.”

He actually tried to justify the hit?! Wow.....and Marvin's the thug? :rolleyes:

Dirty
03-15-2010, 01:53 PM
He actually tried to justify the hit?! Wow.....and Marvin's the thug? :rolleyes:

Matt Mother *ing Frattin should be deported and beaten with Guitar Hero guitar.

SoCalSiouxFan
03-15-2010, 01:57 PM
.... Marvin's the thug....

Agreed. :D

dhansen791
03-15-2010, 01:57 PM
I remember back in the 90's when the gophers had plenty of studs, chirs mcalpine being one of them and I remember a feeblekorn that was pretty monstrous too. lucia has fallen in love with all the guys with great hands, but you need a good mix of players that represent the physicality of the game, at any level. frattin might have let his emotions get ahead of him a bit, but for all the talk about the sioux's reputation and all the off the ice incidents, the original location of the sioux players, etc, doesn't even get an emotional response out of me, its just dumb. the location is just stupid, i have never heard denver, michigan, boston college, unh, boston u fans say anything about where their players are from, in fact, most are composed of players through north america, minus mexico.

bigblue_dl
03-15-2010, 01:59 PM
The first game the sue play in the NCAA, with a real ref not from the WCHA, this will end, the sue will lose, because they will not be able to play without the cheap stuff. and then, the Red River will overflow due to the whining and crying.
Silly Happy, the Red River is going to overflow whether the sioux fans cry into it or not!

sioux7
03-15-2010, 02:01 PM
I just love how the Gerbil fans have blamed one hit on waisting an entire season. However you want to twist it boys. Your problems lay much deeper than that.

SoCalSiouxFan
03-15-2010, 02:12 PM
Honestly, when a Gopher player hits the ice the way Wehrs did the first thing out of my mouth is typically "Shoot him like a horse."

Gopher hunting season is over. That was fun though. Can't wait till next year.:D

License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man, free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case my enemy is a varmint. And a varmint will never quit - ever. They're like the Viet Cong - Varmint Cong. So you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower. And that's all she wrote. Bill Murray - Caddyshack

MN Pond Hockey
03-15-2010, 02:15 PM

I could only expect a puke like you to find a quote like that and be proud of it. No fan base should ever be proud of something like that. I feel bad for players that get hurt, including people like Robbie Bina and Chay Genoway. If I was Frattin I would have been looking for a rock to crawl under last night and today and not giving out quotes or saying anything.

Driftryder
03-15-2010, 02:18 PM
I just love how the Gerbil fans have blamed one hit on waisting an entire season. However you want to twist it boys. Your problems lay much deeper than that.

Most Gopher fans are not blaming the loss or the season for that matter on Frattin's hit but feel free to keep making things up.

Husky4Life
03-15-2010, 02:25 PM

Gopher hunting season is over. That was fun though. Can't wait till next year.:D

Wow, those Sioux fans are real classy people. :rolleyes:

Driftryder
03-15-2010, 02:28 PM

You went 3-2-2 against one of the worst scoring Gopher teams in the programs history...... it's not that big of an accomplishment.

4four4
03-15-2010, 02:32 PM

Maybe you should change your name to bison7 because you don't know what you are talking about.

KnowItAll
03-15-2010, 02:43 PM
1. You embellish that like Earl embellished every time someone made contact with him )

I do not remember contact being necessary for Robbie Earle to dive

ScoobyDoo
03-15-2010, 02:45 PM
You went 3-2-2 against one of the worst scoring Gopher teams in the programs history...... it's not that big of an accomplishment.

This fact seems to be lost on them.

lord k
03-15-2010, 03:02 PM
Of course that's what us St. Cloud fans are going to say when all we heard for months from Sioux fans is that Marvin is a cheap/dirty player. Would you honestly expect different? I wonder how many Sioux fans would be calling for a 1 game suspension of Frattin had they cried so much about Marvin all year. My guess is not many but now they have to in order to stay somewhat consistent. The Sioux have always been my 2nd favorite team but this year has been a tough one to cheer for them.

Watched the video and Frattin knew exactly what he was going to do as soon as he saw Wehrs coming around the corner. He didn't even make an attempt at the puck, he was too busy lining up the hit.

Now i am not saying the hit was legal/illegal but you do not have to make an attempt at the puck. You are allowed to play the body first.

Happy
03-15-2010, 03:10 PM
I was glad to see you were still around and you want me to be beaten up? I'm shocked, Happy. I thought we were friends. :(

not after you stole all my cupcakes, by god.

falcons86
03-15-2010, 03:11 PM
Watched that entire game last night...wow! I must say, that was a hell of a game by both teams. I've been doing the PA for Bowling Green for the last 5 years, and I can tell you, if that hit would have happened in a CCHA game, it would have been a 5 min major and a Game DQ, period. There would have been no discussions. I saw many hits in CCHA games this year that weren't even close to that end up 5 min majors and a Game DQ. I would assume the officiating in the WCHA and the CCHA are a bit different?

Greyeagle
03-15-2010, 03:11 PM

Thank you Sparky-The-Newshound. (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/ce/Lindbergh_baby_poster.jpg)

Happy
03-15-2010, 03:12 PM

you forgot to add they had 5 home games. too.