Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cheap *** Sioux!

Originally posted by jdr1 View Post
    It's the hitter's, and ONLY the hitter's responsibility to have his own body under control when he checks someone.

i would say he was under control he landed on his skates and did not fall down!
    It is the puck handler's responsibility to keep his head up.

In the still photos when contact was made, Wher had contact with the puck and his head was down, then he was physically revoved from the puck.

Colleges are expected to prepare players for the NHL and NHL players are expected to finish the check. Which seems to mean to get that last push just before contact. I know that TJ Oshie now with the Saint Louis Blues has developed the ability to finish checks and is a Blues fan favorite. Having the ability to dish out checks like that may actually improve his chances to play in the NHL.

Congratulations Matt.
    Last edited by SoCalSiouxFan; 03-17-2010, 02:51 PM.
    "For me, college hockey was obviously the best step I could have taken to get to the next level." - Jonathan Toews, North Dakota/Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalSiouxFan View Post
      i would say he was under control he landed on his skates and did not fall down!
      You just don't understand hockey do you?

Comment

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey View Post
        You just don't understand hockey do you?
        That's a rhetorical question right?
        "Today I do what you won't, so tomorrow I can do what you can't." - Unknown

Between autocorrect, touch typing and a lack of desire or time to proofread on the internet, there are likely errors in any text I post. If pointing these out will add to your sense of self worth and validate your life, knock yourself out.

Comment

Colleges are expected to prepare players for the NHL
          Actually that's not the college's responsibility. Not for hockey. Not for football. Not for any sport. Not their responsibility at all.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Bottles View Post
            That's a rhetorical question right?
            That is correct!

Comment

I know that TJ Oshie now with the Saint Louis Blues has developed the ability to finish checks and is a Blues fan favorite.
              You mean he's finally figured out how to slew foot players going into the boards, right.
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

You know when you grab a milk jug and you think it's full, but it' almost empty, and your hand goes halfway to your face?

That's a good analogy for Frattin's hit.

Comment

Originally posted by cg_siouxfan View Post
                  You know when you grab a milk jug and you think it's full, but it' almost empty, and your hand goes halfway to your face?

5 min major on Jughead?

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
                    Your comment indicates you've lost perspective on what is important in the game of NCAA college hockey. I think it's important to remember that these are young college athletes, not professionals, with a bright future ahead of them in whatever future endeavors they decide to pursue. I've been very adamant against these kinds of vicious hits among student-athletes no matter what team they play for, particularly highlighted this year by Chay Genoway's struggle to return to normal cognitive functioning as a student much less an athlete. To maliciously encourage and relish in the violent injury of a student-athlete and the potential long term debilitating effects of severe concussions speaks volumes about your lack of character and maturity.
                    Thanks for the stern talking-to, Dad, but I really don't need to hear your uninformed opinion about my character and maturity on a hockey message board.

As I've posted several times (try reading next time), I don't disagree with the major penalty or the suspension; but I also don't believe it was a particularly vicious hit that Frattin made with any intent to injure Wehrs. And I'm not relishing in the result, despite the fact that I think Wehrs was asking for someone to light him up all weekend. You can disagree with that and make your own comments...perhaps you may even be able to do that without attacking me personally.
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” —Albert Einstein

"The government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it." Ronald Reagan, 40th president of the US (1911-2004)

Just when I thought you couldn't be any dumber, you go and do something like this.....AND TOTALLY REDEEM YOURSELF!

Comment

Originally posted by cg_siouxfan View Post

You know when you slam your head into a brick wall and it hurts like hell but you keep doing it?

That's a good analogy for me and this thread.
                      "Today I do what you won't, so tomorrow I can do what you can't." - Unknown

Between autocorrect, touch typing and a lack of desire or time to proofread on the internet, there are likely errors in any text I post. If pointing these out will add to your sense of self worth and validate your life, knock yourself out.

Comment

Originally posted by SIOUX4EVER View Post
                        As I've posted several times (try reading next time), I don't disagree with the major penalty or the suspension; but I also don't believe it was a particularly vicious hit that Frattin made with any intent to injure Wehrs.
                        Too funny.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Bottles View Post
                          You know when you slam your head into a brick wall and it hurts like hell but you keep doing it?

That's a good analogy for me and this thread.
                          It was a bad hit, he got suspended for a game. Doesn't mean what I said is untrue.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                            Too funny.
                            Glad you find it humorous...care to offer any legitimate comments rather than just smug retorts?

And for the chicken****s who leave unsigned neg rep with the comment "N---er"...you stay classy.
                            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” —Albert Einstein

"The government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it." Ronald Reagan, 40th president of the US (1911-2004)

Just when I thought you couldn't be any dumber, you go and do something like this.....AND TOTALLY REDEEM YOURSELF!

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                              Actually that's not the college's responsibility. Not for hockey. Not for football. Not for any sport. Not their responsibility at all.
                              You are correct.
                              Some colleges do not prepare their players to play in the NHL.
                              "For me, college hockey was obviously the best step I could have taken to get to the next level." - Jonathan Toews, North Dakota/Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

Originally posted by SIOUX4EVER View Post
                                Thanks for the stern talking-to, Dad, but I really don't need to hear your uninformed opinion about my character and maturity on a hockey message board.
                                I agree.

Especially when Sioux fans are personally informing the entire college hockey world of their character and maturity on the many threads like this one for the entire college hockey universe to read.

I read this from a Sue blogger:

http://boardsroom.blogspot.com/2010/...-is-right.html

Interestingly, he mentions Robby Bina. I don't recall Sue fans defending Geoff Paukovich for Bina's obvious lack of stuational awareness.
                                "There are three things that people will watch without saying a word: a river, a campfire and the Zamboni cleaning the ice."

Charles Schulz

Comment

Working...
                                X