Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cheap *** Sioux!

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Intent? No, only Frattin knows intent. But his actions were careless and reckless and you seem to want to dismiss that.
    Don't bother. This tool hasn't even paid attention to the fact that 95% of the Gopher fans aren't arguing that Frattin should have been more severely punished. I also haven't seen any Gopher fan declare that Frattin most definitely had malicious intent to injure. Just let him go on his little soapbox.

Anyways. This matter is such a ridiculous non-issue. It has been taken care of. There really shouldn't be anything left to see here.
    the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
      Ha ha. Wow you're dumb.
      Great comeback...what are you, 8? How's this: you smell...nana nana boo boo!

Look, I'm sure it sucks to follow a team that sucks, but your anger with Frattin for the hit is misdirected...get mad at your team/coach for another underwhelming season.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” —Albert Einstein

"The government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it." Ronald Reagan, 40th president of the US (1911-2004)

Just when I thought you couldn't be any dumber, you go and do something like this.....AND TOTALLY REDEEM YOURSELF!

Comment

Sioux4ever shut up
        The hit was a charge, 5 maybe suspension no, but it happened. It's the play in game. that if we win means playing 6 games in 8 days.
        dash 8
        what does North Dakota's gov't have that Minnesota won't have? A budget Surplus

Comment

Originally posted by flyund View Post
          Sioux4ever shut up
          The hit was a charge, 5 maybe suspension no, but it happened. It's the play in game. that if we win means playing 6 games in 8 days.
          No s--t. I never said it wasn't a charge or that he shouldn't have been suspended. I'm just pointing out that it was a huge hit and perhaps a turning point in the game. And I don't agree with the comparisons to the Marvin hit on Chay or the Paukovich hit on Bina...not. even. close.

Oh, and KMA.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” —Albert Einstein

"The government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it." Ronald Reagan, 40th president of the US (1911-2004)

Just when I thought you couldn't be any dumber, you go and do something like this.....AND TOTALLY REDEEM YOURSELF!

Comment

Originally posted by Landshark View Post
            didn't see the Leddy hit but the Frattin hit was a fairly ordinary, if hard, charging penalty. 5 minutes was probably the right call with the emphasis on blows to the head but if Wehrs had had his head up, it would not have been that bad. Suspension is not called for, it was face to face, not from behind.
            Apparently the WCHA does not agree with you, they suspended Frattin for one game. IMHO it should have been at least for the rest of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by flyund View Post
              Sioux4ever shut up
              6 Games over 9 Days would be more accurate, but still alot of hockey.

The suspension was deserved & a thug label can be slapped on Frattin only if he continues this type of conduct once he returns (see: Marvin, Aaron).
              Life's A Journey, Not A Destination......
              Steven Tyler

Comment

Originally posted by SIOUX4EVER View Post
                Great comeback...what are you, 8? How's this: you smell...nana nana boo boo!

Look, I'm sure it sucks to follow a team that sucks, but your anger with Frattin for the hit is misdirected...get mad at your team/coach for another underwhelming season.
                I didn't feel like putting forth the effort to be clever.

I am not angry with Frattin, nor have I ever stated as such. Also, I am angry with the team/program for another crappy season. Trust me on that.

I sent you a rep, but I'll apologize publicly for the angry overreaction as well. I just see red when it seems like someone is happy to see a player injured, and I HATE RED.
                Last edited by state of hockey; 03-16-2010, 05:25 PM.
                the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                  I didn't feel like putting forth the effort to be clever.

I am not angry with Frattin, nor have I ever stated as such. Also, I am angry with the team/program for another crappy season. Trust me on that.

I sent you a rep, but I'll apologize publicly for the angry overreaction as well. I just see red when it seems like someone is happy to see a player injured, and I HATE RED.
                  No problem--I didn't mean to start a flamefest in here...just stating my opinion on what I saw (and taking a shot at Wehrs' antics). I certainly am not glad he was injured on the play, and I personally don't believe that was what Frattin was trying to do. But the major penalty and 1-gm suspension seem appropriate given the severity of the hit. As PCM pointed out earlier, the rules leave it to the referee's discretion...which obviously means that a similar hit in similar circumstances could lead to a different result. It may be a different discussion altogether whether the league should change the rules or enforce them more strictly (see CCHA).

Comment

Originally posted by PCM View Post
                    How does a person jump? By getting low and using the legs to propel the body upward. That's what Frattin did. It's what caused him to leave his feet while delivering the hit. Under the charging rule, the point at which he did it is irrelevant.
                    To expand on this as I've seen some comments that Frattin became airborne because his legs were taken out by Wehrs'...Frattin is under control the whole time he's in the air, if his legs were unexpectedly taken out he falls on top of Wehrs and doesn't land on his feet. Another sure way to tell is by looking at the clear still pic of Frattin in the air as Wehrs is on his way down. Their legs would have been tangled up had that been the case.

Originally posted by SIOUX4EVER View Post
                    Legality/illegality aside, Frattin completely DESTROYED Wehrs, who probably had it coming with all the whiny-beeching and pansy-arse after-the-whistle slapping he did that series.
                    Nobody deserves an injury like that.

Originally posted by jorgie74 View Post
                    Apparently the WCHA does not agree with you, they suspended Frattin for one game. IMHO it should have been at least for the rest of the season.
                    Good thing you don't make decisions then. This about as dumb as the Sioux fans that wanted Marvin to be suspended for 10+ games for the Genoway hit.

skiumah2: Perhaps I wasn't clear with my position on whether or not there was contact to the head. If I had to bet on it, I'd bet that contact with the head was made, probably unintentional (either way though, contact to the head is contact to the head, intentional or not). Also, the replays I've looked at are just you tube and hardly high definition. FWIW, Brenthoven is slightly unsure as well since we weren't looking for it until part way through the last replay that FSN showed.
                    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                    Originally posted by Quizmire
                    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                      Nobody deserves an injury like that.
                      No, and I don't believe he did either. I was just saying that if I had ranked the players with an "M" on their jersey that I wanted to see lit up by a Sioux player this past weekend, #2 would have been #1.

Comment

I didn't see the game but I have seen the video and the still photos on the Sioux Yeah Yeah! blog and there is clear contact to the head in frame 3 by the shoulder, and even the comment in the blog reads:
                        "Finally, here's Frame 3. You can clearly tell that's the puck in between the Chevy and Cadillac logo. Frattin is driving Wehrs into the boards. I can't tell for sure, but at this point, it seems Frattin has his shoulder into Wehrs head..." He then goes on to say, "...if Frattin doesn't leave his feet on this hit, we're not even having this discussion right now. The fact that he left his feet is why this is a big deal today."

Um...No. The suspension is for the blow to the head. I believe this hit is just a cheap as Marvin's on Genoway. Just because you are coming from the front of the player going for the head is going for the head.

Personally I think the suspension should be longer as Marvin's should have been longer than one game for the hit on Genoway.

Comment

Originally posted by wasmania View Post
                          I thought that was for the emotional fanbases, not the journalists.
                          The journalist is stating the facts. The emotional fanbase is denying them.

Comment

Frat party Frattin will get his next year when Seth Ambroz beats the crap out of that POS. Of course only if he isn't suspended for the "year" from some drunkin offseason antics.... and by "year" I mean until the Sue lose a couple games and Hak decides Frat Party Frattin has done all the right things and ready to come back again for the 2nd half... Either way if he ever shows his ugly as* hick mug against the Gophers again he will get that drunkin smile knock the F off his face! Just Youtube Seth Ambroz if you want to see a preview of the beat downs he can hand out... you Susie thugs will have to answer when big Seth comes to town...no more 6'3 passive Flynn's or Fischers who will just sit their with a thumb up their butt and not back up a teammate... Helgeson and Ambroz will beat that a*s.

Comment

Facts:
                              1. I hate NoDak
                              2. I really, really, dislike, almost hate the gophs
                              3. Frattin has no 5 min. majors or misconducts since returning from his off ice suspension.

Opinion:
                              1. The refs were correct--5 min. major
                              2. Could have been a misconduct.
                              3. WCHA was correct--suspension was appropriate.
                              4. Frattin's comment to the media after the game were really ill advised. And tended to make him look like a thug.
                              5. Frattin is now on the list. He will be watched.
                              6. I think I dislike Hextall more than Gregoire the Traitoire.
                              GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by RinkPig View Post
                                Frat party Frattin will get his next year when Seth Ambroz beats the crap out of that POS. Of course only if he isn't suspended for the "year" from some drunkin offseason antics.... and by "year" I mean until the Sue lose a couple games and Hak decides Frat Party Frattin has done all the right things and ready to come back again for the 2nd half... Either way if he ever shows his ugly as* hick mug against the Gophers again he will get that drunkin smile knock the F off his face! Just Youtube Seth Ambroz if you want to see a preview of the beat downs he can hand out... you Susie thugs will have to answer when big Seth comes to town...no more 6'3 passive Flynn's or Fischers who will just sit their with a thumb up their butt and not back up a teammate... Helgeson and Ambroz will beat that a*s.
                                So the Sioux are cheap hacks, but next year the Gophers will have a couple thugs that can get some suspensions as well? Wouldn't that make the Gophers cheap hacks too?
                                I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X