Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cheap *** Sioux!

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
    So 10,000 Sioux fans against 1500 random idiots. Sounds intimidating.
    There wont be that many, the Fargo fans are too busy sandbagging (literally)
    SCSU!

Comment

Legality/illegality aside, Frattin completely DESTROYED Wehrs, who probably had it coming with all the whiny-beeching and pansy-arse after-the-whistle slapping he did that series.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” —Albert Einstein

"The government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it." Ronald Reagan, 40th president of the US (1911-2004)

Just when I thought you couldn't be any dumber, you go and do something like this.....AND TOTALLY REDEEM YOURSELF!

Comment

Originally posted by SIOUX4EVER View Post
        Legality/illegality aside, Frattin completely DESTROYED Wehrs, who probably had it coming with all the whiny-beeching and pansy-arse after-the-whistle slapping he did that series.
        Wow. Just wow.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          Wow. Just wow.
          That's exactly what I said when I saw the hit. Perhaps your team could learn a lesson about playing physical rather than just whining about how bad it hurts when the other team hits too hard.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” —Albert Einstein

"The government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it." Ronald Reagan, 40th president of the US (1911-2004)

Just when I thought you couldn't be any dumber, you go and do something like this.....AND TOTALLY REDEEM YOURSELF!

Comment

That's exactly what I said when I saw the hit. Perhaps your team could learn a lesson about playing physical rather than just whining about how bad it hurts when the other team hits too hard.
            Maybe Chay should have learned that too. And Bobby as well.

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
              Maybe Chay should have learned that too. And Bobby as well.
              Yeah, because getting an elbow to the back of the head into the glass is exactly the same...keep telling yourself that.

It's only being hailed as a crime because it happened to the mighty maroon & gold. He got checked hard by a player who was playing with 10 times the intensity he was. A penalty was called and a suspension was handed out. But the idea that it was so far out of the realm of a game as fast and violent as hockey is ridiculous and ignorant.

Comment

Originally posted by lord k View Post
                But how do they determine if a hit is too "hard." Frattin did glide before he made contact, but he was skating very fast before he started gliding.
                Why do you think there's a rule against charging? Why do you think it states that a player can't take more than two steps before making a check? Why does it take into account the distance traveled before the hit is delivered? Why does it prohibit a player from jumping to deliver a hit?

I'll answer my own quesitons: It's because the rule is intended to put limits on how far players can go in delivering hits. If it was legal to hit someone as hard as possible, there would be no rule against charging. But there is. So it's not.
                Boarding is usually called when a player is a few feet away from the wall and is slammed into it. Wehrs was right up against the wall.
                The rule against boarding does not specify a distance a player has to be away from the wall before a penalty is called. A player can throw a legal check, but if it causes an opposing player to hit the boards violently, it's boarding. It doesn't matter how close or how far away the player was from the boards before he hits them.
                HR-60 RULE 6 / PLAYING RULES
                Boarding
                SECTION 3. A player shall not body check, cross-check, elbow, charge or trip an opponent from the front or side in such a manner that causes the opponent to be thrown violently into the boards (see 6-23).
                PENALTY—Minor or major at discretion of the referee, based on degree of violence of the impact with the boards.
                The contact to the head was what got him the penalty and the DQ. By the standards they have set throughout the season he ended up with the right punishment.
                Agreed.
                Who decided that we needed both North and South Dakota? It seems like a lot of wasted paperwork to me. -- Creed Bratton

Comment

Yeah, because getting an elbow to the back of the head into the glass is exactly the same...keep telling yourself that.

It's only being hailed as a crime because it happened to the mighty maroon & gold. He got checked hard by a player who was playing with 10 times the intensity he was. A penalty was called and a suspension was handed out. But the idea that it was so far out of the realm of a game as fast and violent as hockey is ridiculous and ignorant.
                  No, it was an illegal hit and has been demonstrated to be so by the league, by UND fans, and by Gopher fans.

You want to see someone get crushed legally than watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oup942y25jU notice that he doesn't leave his feet. Notice that he doesn't crush the guys skull. Notice that he doesn't skate into him from 25 feet away.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

This is my favorite part.
                    the state of hockey is good

Comment

No, it was an illegal hit and has been demonstrated to be so by the league, by UND fans, and by Gopher fans.

You want to see someone get crushed legally than watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oup942y25jU notice that he doesn't leave his feet. Notice that he doesn't crush the guys skull. Notice that he doesn't skate into him from 25 feet away.
                      As I stated in my earlier post, "legality/illegality aside..." I was just pointing out that regardless of the penalty & suspension, it was a huge hit in the course of a very big game between rivals. I'm not trying to argue that he shouldn't have been penalized, and I understand the league's desire to discourage future similar plays, but I really don't think it was carried out with any ill intent, despite the belief of many here.

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                        This is my favorite part.
                        This was my favorite part: UND 6, um 0...UND 4, um 1. UND-->Final Five, um-->offseason.

Comment

As I stated in my earlier post, "legality/illegality aside..." I was just pointing out that regardless of the penalty & suspension, it was a huge hit in the course of a very big game between rivals. I'm not trying to argue that he shouldn't have been penalized, and I understand the league's desire to discourage future similar plays, but I really don't think it was carried out with any ill intent, despite the belief of many here.
                          Intent? No, only Frattin knows intent. But his actions were careless and reckless and you seem to want to dismiss that.

Comment

This was my favorite part: UND 6, um 0...UND 4, um 1. UND-->Final Five, um-->offseason.
                            Ha ha. Wow you're dumb.
                            the state of hockey is good

Comment

TJ Oshie was pretty good at that, too.

******* width="480" height="385">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yiSdXKDB_n0&hl=en_US&fs=1&">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yiSdXKDB_n0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385">
                              Who decided that we needed both North and South Dakota? It seems like a lot of wasted paperwork to me. -- Creed Bratton

Comment

Intent? No, only Frattin knows intent. But his actions were careless and reckless and you seem to want to dismiss that.
                                His comment was along the lines that he was trying to fire up his team with a big hit. I don't think he was headhunting or trying to take Wehrs out of the game. The result was probably more a product of 6'1"-200 in motion vs. 5'9"-175 stationary than anything else.

Comment

Working...
                                X