Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cheap *** Sioux!

Originally posted by flyund View Post
    So i suppose since Zajac wasn't injured that is why helgeson didn't receive any in game or supplemental discipline.
    Are you serious about this? Are you basing this off of a photo someone posted? Does anyone even know if that photo was the result of a check, or was it just Zajac and Helgeson simply falling down in the corner?
    Originally posted by Skeeterman
    Ski yo momma!
    Originally Asked by Grant Potulny (After noticing an autograph seeker was wearing SCSU colors.)
    Who do you cheer for in the post season?

Comment

Originally posted by skiumah2 View Post
      That doesn't answer my question though. For those of you who somehow did not see the contact to the head, how could Wehrs have sustained a concussion when his head did not hit the boards, and did not hit the ice with any level of severity or velocity if Frattin did not make head contact? I don't know what pictures or videos some of you are looking at. I have the FSN broadcast saved on my DVR. I really can't figure out what many of you can't see. This was a very ugly, cheap, and dirty hit that made direct contact to the head. Rivalry aside, I really don't know how any of you are defending him on this. Even his comments regarding the hit do not sound like he has any regrets for what he did. That's fine I guess, just don't try to tell me Frattin shouldn't be held 100% accountable for this. Everything about that hit was deliberate and meant to cause harm. For that, I don't believe 1 game was enough, and Frattin should be viewed in the same light as Paukovich and Marvin.
      Im not saying he shouldnt get some judgment against him, but I do note that noone on this board can say conclusively from the posted photos exactly what happened. Your logic is fallacious, as a concussion could have happened due to a number of factors. We also havent seen any reporting quoting doctors that he got a concussion, again you are very specific about results without corroboration. Correct me if i am wrong and post the link.

Comment

Originally posted by flyund View Post
        So i suppose since Zajac wasn't injured that is why helgeson didn't receive any in game or supplemental discipline.
        You must be referring to this one that we talked about yesterday....

"You mean this one where Zajac is kneeing Helgeson in the groin and lifting him in the air?"

http://www.inforum.com/media/full/jp.../0314zajac.jpg

hmmmm...first link isn't working...Try this one.

http://www.inforum.com/event/image/i...Darcy%20Zajac/
        Last edited by wchaforever; 03-16-2010, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by wasmania View Post
          Im not saying he shouldnt get some judgment against him, but I do note that noone on this board can say conclusively from the posted photos exactly what happened. Your logic is fallacious, as a concussion could have happened due to a number of factors. We also havent seen any reporting quoting doctors that he got a concussion, again you are very specific about results without corroboration. Correct me if i am wrong and post the link.
          Nor can we conclusively say that Keith Hernandez actually spit the loogy that reportedly hit both Kramer and Newman.....

Photos don't ever tell the whole story.

Comment

If you are saying that looking at the third photo posted on Schlossman's blog (which you can find from the CHN website) where Wehr looks like he is about to be decapitated by Frattin that you can't find evidence of a head shot sufficient to reasonably cause a concussion, then you never will.

Comment

• Frattin isn't evil and doesn't deserve more than a 1 gamer imho, but the attempts to rationalize the contact away as something less than what it was are highly comical.

Conversely if the hit on Zajac is indeed suspension worthy, contact the WCHA instead of using it as a really poor reason to excuse Frattin.

Comment

I don't understand why everyone thinks we're cheap. We're just frugal. There is a difference.
                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Husckey Domi Nation View Post
                  If you are saying that looking at the third photo posted on Schlossman's blog (which you can find from the CHN website) where Wehr looks like he is about to be decapitated by Frattin that you can't find evidence of a head shot sufficient to reasonably cause a concussion, then you never will.
                  Yes that photo does appear that there was head contact. And note that I did not say their was not contact, nor am I defending Frattin. Just thought it was inconclusive. I havent been cynical or embellishing or namecalling. I would prefer to get through all the irrelevant emotion and look at what can be concluded to be fact. Can you do that as well?

Comment

How exactly does one receive a concussion without any contact to the head? If there are circumstances where this could happen, I am actually curious to what they would be. I seriously do not know how anyone could receive a concussion if the head receives no trauma.

It really is a moot point though, contact to the head was made, visciously in fact. Again, what in the video are some of you not seeing?

I'm sorry I don't have a link proving that he sustained a concussion. If you don't believe me, I suggest you seek the proof yourself because my interest in proving myself to you is too low to motivate me to search for a link to this.

My main point is how any of you can defend Frattin's actions anyway. Even if you can prove to me that head contact wasn't made (which you can't), none of you can prove to anyone that the action he took was necessary in the course of a hockey game. Skating full speed and leaving your feet to check someone without the puck as hard as you can is done for the soul purpose of trying to injure. I would have felt much better if Frattin showed any humility in his post game comments, or expressed any concern for Wehrs' well being. However, he basically stated he did it to fire up his team. I'll agree, it worked, but it showed me that Frattin succeeded in what he set out to do. Take a Gopher out of the game via injury. For that, his previous reputation means nothing, and I view him in the same light as Paukovich, Marvin, or any other goon who looks to injure someone on the ice. His actions simply cannot be defended.
                    Ski yo momma!
                    Originally Asked by Grant Potulny (After noticing an autograph seeker was wearing SCSU colors.)

Comment

I'm gonna make a declaration and then you all can shut up and go back to being retards in the real world.

The hit was dangerous and deserved a suspension. It was NOT as bad as the Marvin hit on Chay and if this was a...UAA player or Michigan Tech player making this hit, there may not have been a suspension and certainly wouldn't be a thread declaring how cheap that player is. It's only because most of you either have a deep hatred of the Sioux program or you're a moronic St. Cloud fan that thinks Aaron Marvin is some sort of saint that this thread even exists in the first place. I wish Wehrs a speedy recovery and hope he can continue his hockey career. I condemn Frattin and hope he doesn't do something this dangerous again. But I'm not going to sit here and say he deserves the same punishment as Marvin. Because he doesn't. Most of you are screaming for his head because you hate the Sioux. And if you say that's not true, take a step back and make sure. There's a few posters on this board that get it, but the rest of you are idiots. Especially St. Cloud fans. This isn't your fight. This is between Minnesota fans and North Dakota fans. Minnesota fans for the most part are actually being reasonable in this. But you, St. Cloud fans, you are being stupid. Grow the *k up you morons.

That's it. Good day.
                      Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                        Frattin isn't evil and doesn't deserve more than a 1 gamer imho, but the attempts to rationalize the contact away as something less than what it was are highly comical.

Conversely if the hit on Zajac is indeed suspension worthy, contact the WCHA instead of using it as a really poor reason to excuse Frattin.
                        And to the rest of the whining public out there, Being guilty of complaining about Marvin doesnt NOT obligate one to accept Frattin's crime as equally severe. It is what is, as the Slapper suggests.

Comment

Originally posted by skiumah2 View Post
                          How exactly does one receive a concussion without any contact to the head? If there are circumstances where this could happen, I am actually curious to what they would be. I seriously do not know how anyone could receive a concussion if the head receives no trauma.

It really is a moot point though, contact to the head was made, visciously in fact. Again, what in the video are some of you not seeing?

I'm sorry I don't have a link proving that he sustained a concussion. If you don't believe me, I suggest you seek the proof yourself because my interest in proving myself to you is too low to motivate me to search for a link to this.

My main point is how any of you can defend Frattin's actions anyway. Even if you can prove to me that head contact wasn't made (which you can't), none of you can prove to anyone that the action he took was necessary in the course of a hockey game. Skating full speed and leaving your feet to check someone without the puck as hard as you can is done for the soul purpose of trying to injure. I would have felt much better if Frattin showed any humility in his post game comments, or expressed any concern for Wehrs' well being. However, he basically stated he did it to fire up his team. I'll agree, it worked, but it showed me that Frattin succeeded in what he set out to do. Take a Gopher out of the game via injury. For that, his previous reputation means nothing, and I view him in the same light as Paukovich, Marvin, or any other goon who looks to injure someone on the ice. His actions simply cannot be defended.
                          Not defending him - just trying to have a discussion sans histrionics

Comment

Frattin deserves the one game suspension. People leave their feet and there is contact to the head during most games, but it never gets noticed unless the ref actually sees it or the player receiving the hit gets hurt. The reason Frattin gets the suspension is because of the severity and end result of the hit. Wehrs can't get up and doesn't return to the game. If Wehrs was to bounce right up after that hit then this ends up probably being 2 minutes or not such a big deal.
                            Last edited by MN Pond Hockey; 03-16-2010, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey View Post
                              Frattin deserves the one game suspension. People leave their feet and there is contact to the head during most games, but it never gets noticed unless the ref actually sees it or the player receiving the hit gets hurt. The reason Frattin gets the suspension is because of the severity and end result of the hit. Weirs can't get up and doesn't return to the game. If Weirs was to bounce right up after that hit then this ends up probably being 2 minutes or not such a big deal.
                              All things being equal, if Wehrs would have got up from that hit, and the refs issued an even smaller penalty, then they would have f'ed it up even more than they did. Wehrs' injury was a result of the severity, not the cause.
                              Ski yo momma!

Comment

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey View Post
                                Frattin deserves the one game suspension. People leave their feet and there is contact to the head during most games, but it never gets noticed unless the ref actually sees it or the player receiving the hit gets hurt. The reason Frattin gets the suspension is because of the severity and end result of the hit. Weirs can't get up and doesn't return to the game. If Weirs was to bounce right up after that hit then this ends up probably being 2 minutes or not such a big deal.
                                Agreed. Nicely done. And from a gopher fan to boot.

Comment

Working...
                                X