Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WCHA Final Five Semi: St. Cloud State vs. Wisconsin

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    I don't get why it's so conspicuous. They played like a 7th place team all year. I find it fascinating that folks are so surprised they're not going to be in St. Paul.
    Because we have the league in our back pocket and control all the results of all the games. I find it hilarious that they are talking about MN, when they aren't even in the tournament.

This should be a good matchup, they should be only talking about that. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, though.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      Because we have the league in our back pocket and control all the results of all the games. I find it hilarious that they are talking about MN, when they aren't even in the tournament.

This should be a good matchup, they should be only talking about that. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, though.
      Sucks being the butt of Husky and Badger jokes, again - doesn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by jwilli View Post
        Sucks being the butt of Husky and Badger jokes, again - doesn't it?
        Whatever makes you feel better, I guess.

How does everyone think the crowd will be? 40-40-20 SCSU-WI-Other?

Since SCSU is in the NCAA's, will they be as jacked up as UND/tUMD/WI?
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Is the game close enough to start with hockey talk yet?
          SCSU!

Comment

Originally posted by Husky4Life View Post
            Is the game close enough to start with hockey talk yet?
            No. Hockey talk can't start until Friday!

Comment

Originally posted by KariB View Post
              No. Hockey talk can't start until Friday!
              Hmmmm ok. Well back to the "Cheap *** Sioux" thread then!
              SCSU!

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                How does everyone think the crowd will be? 40-40-20 SCSU-WI-Other?

Since SCSU is in the NCAA's, will they be as jacked up as UND/tUMD/WI?
                Those are good questions. Not sure how the crowd split will be. I hope there is a big contingent of SCSU fans but with the poor attendance last weekend at home I'm not so sure. Bucky typically has a big group but with bouncy ball going on at the same time their numbers could be down a bit. Being a gopher fan what are your thoughts? I can't see any gopher faithful cheering for the badger but what are the chances they cheer for the Huskies? My guess is most will cheer for a good hockey game and be pretty much indifferent to the winner. Wait, that is assuming gopher fans will still go.

As for the team getting up for these games, I don't think that will be an issue. Specifically the senior leadership of Raboin (and Lasch) will have this team ready to go. Those guys would love to end their WCHA careers with a Broadmoor. Roe has been playing lights out lately and single-handidly won the Saturday game for the Huskies. The 3rd place game doesn't mean much but if the Huskies are in it I don't think they want to go into the NCAAs losing two games in a row so they'll play hard there too. Should be some great hockey with some really good teams playing against each other.
                Last edited by motox; 03-17-2010, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Husky4Life View Post
                  Hmmmm ok. Well back to the "Cheap *** Sioux" thread then!
                  No kidding! That thread and the "Dirty Cheating Whiny Gophers" thread are the first ones I look at. They are blowin' up!
                  "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by motox View Post
                    Those are good questions. Not sure how the crowd split will be. I hope there is a big contingent of SCSU fans but with the poor attendance last weekend at home I'm not so sure. Bucky typically has a big group but with bouncy ball going on at the same time their numbers could be down a bit. Being a gopher fan what are your thoughts? I can't see any gopher faithful cheering for the badger but what are the chances they cheer for the Huskies? My guess is most will cheer for a good hockey game and be pretty much indifferent to the winner. Wait, that is assuming gopher fans will still go.

As for the team getting up for these games, I don't think that will be an issue. Specifically the senior leadership of Raboin (and Lasch) will have this team ready to go. Those guys would love to end their WCHA careers with a Broadmoor. Roe has been playing lights out lately and single-handidly won the Saturday game for the Huskies. The 3rd place game doesn't mean much but if the Huskies are in it I don't think they want to go into the NCAAs losing two games in a row so they'll play hard there too. Should be some great hockey with some really good teams playing against each other.
                    Yeah, I'm just cheering for good hockey. I don't wanna see a blowout.

Personally, I think it'll be 50%-60% WI, and the rest anti-WI (whether that is SCSU fans, or whoever).

Comment

Does anyone have a website streaming the broadcast? Of course, the usual station here in Appleton has the basketball game, and I'm stuck at work.

Comment

Originally posted by The Vicar View Post
                        What concerns me is that the Huskies, ever since I've been going to the FF have never won the 2:00 game. Seems like, looking at the records we've been beaten soundly by the flickertails in the afternoon. When we won the semi-final games they've been at night. (3-0 vs. rodents and 8-7 vs. rodents in that memorable ot game.)
                        Anyway, I'm pretty pumped and I think the boys will be too.
                        How about the 2:07 game?
                        Bob is making me concerned
                        I am the voice of reason

Comment

Originally posted by Crainer View Post
                          Does anyone have a website streaming the broadcast? Of course, the usual station here in Appleton has the basketball game, and I'm stuck at work.
                          www.justin.tv usually has a few good streams.

Comment

Originally posted by WeWantMore View Post
                            www.justin.tv usually has a few good streams.
                            Thanks!!

Comment

there's a good chance that the Sioux will play Saturday afternoon...I'd like to see a SC Tech/UND game Saturday afternoon. SC would have a hard time defending/backing up Marvin for two straight games from teams he's injured a player on. Things won't get stupid though with the tourney afterwards.
                              THE University of North Dakota FIGHTING SIOUX

National Championships:
                              1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000

WCHA Regular Season Championships:
                              1958, 1963, 1965, 1967, 1979, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2004, 2009, 2011

Fan of:
                              University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux Hockey
                              University of Oregon Ducks Football
                              San Francisco Giants
                              Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

Originally posted by Roben View Post
                                there's a good chance that the Sioux will play Saturday afternoon...I'd like to see a SC Tech/UND game Saturday afternoon. SC would have a hard time defending/backing up Marvin for two straight games from teams he's injured a player on. Things won't get stupid though with the tourney afterwards.
                                Sorry, the Huskies will be playing Saturday night at 7:07. Why don't you come and watch some good hockey on Saturday night, should be a great game against the Pios.
                                There is Hope . . .

Comment

Working...
                                X