Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WCHA Final Five Semi: St. Cloud State vs. Wisconsin

Originally posted by bigus View Post
    For those of you who have DISH or, I think, Uverse, and a DVR, just rock both games on the swap. If you're willing to fast forward through the half time/period breaks and commercials, I generally find you can watch a hockey game and stay within 10 minutes of current on a basketball game.
    that could be a task if your 6 to 8 beers deep like im planning on being....
    The Quest For 7

Comment

Originally posted by RedFreak View Post
      Won't be the first time I've spent the intermissions in the concourse. The bad part is if the basketball game is close at the end of the game.
      Well the best part is that they are playing Wofford, hopefully it wont be.

Comment

When UW has played well they haven't had much trouble with St Cloud this year. Get McDonagh and Gardiner out there against SCSU top line as much as possible, get the normal goal production from the top guys and on the PP and i think UW can get out of this matchup with a W. Lay an egg like they did a couple weeks ago on friday night and goody will have to be better then good against that loaded offense.
        The Quest For 7

Comment

http://www.uwbadgers.com/sports/m-ho...031410aae.html
          The second-seeded Wisconsin men's hockey team (24-9-4) continues its postseason with the 2010 WCHA Final Five, which runs Thursday through Saturday at the Xcel Energy Center in St. Paul, Minn. The Badgers will open against third-seeded St. Cloud State (22-12-5) in the semifinals of the conference tournament on Friday at 2 p.m.

The Badgers were the first team to advance to the Final Five, posting 4-1 and 7-2 victories this past Friday and Saturday at the Kohl Center over Alaska Anchorage to earn a first-round sweep.

St. Cloud State joined the Badgers in the semifinals after recovering from a game one overtime loss to win its series over Minnesota State with an overtime victory in game three on Sunday in the best-of-three first round.

Also advancing to the WCHA Final Five were top-seed Denver, as well as North Dakota and Minnesota Duluth. UND and UMD also took three games to reach the Final Five, completing a field that includes the top-five seeds in the tournament.

The Badgers now look ahead to a team they split with during the season, falling 4-1 and then winning 4-1 on Nov. 20 and 21 in St. Cloud, and falling 5-1 and winning 7-4 on Feb. 19 and 20 at the Kohl Center.
          Should be an interesting game. Not sure what to expect considering that these 2 teams took turns blowing each other out this season.
          A Badger living in Buckeye country.
          Originally posted by MadCityRich
          He blossomed after he left the U, and they still named a city in Minnesota after him?
          Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
          Sieve, Minnesota? Never heard of it.
          Originally posted by Timothy A
          I know my distain of anything and everything related to IL or MN is totally insane, but that's me; you can't change the genetics.
          "The state of North Dakota may not exist. It's like South Dakota's Canadian girlfriend." -- Stephen Colbert

Comment

Originally posted by The Vicar View Post
            So I'm assuming you weren't there Sat. or Sunday. But hey, c'mon, we'll let you on the bandwagon again
            I made myself go. I have missed maybe 10 games in 18 years. so I might bark, but in the end I am always dumb enough to come back for another punch in the face.
            I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by uwbadgers14 View Post
              When UW has played well they haven't had much trouble with St Cloud this year. Get McDonagh and Gardiner out there against SCSU top line as much as possible, get the normal goal production from the top guys and on the PP and i think UW can get out of this matchup with a W. Lay an egg like they did a couple weeks ago on friday night and goody will have to be better then good against that loaded offense.
              Change the names around a little bit and St. Cloud fans would probably say the same thing about playing Wisconsin.
              This is THE State of Hockey. Check your teams roster. I bet there are some Minnesotans on it
              www.twitter.com/johnnyredshoes

Comment

Hoping for a split.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyredshoes View Post
                  Change the names around a little bit and St. Cloud fans would probably say the same thing about playing Wisconsin.
                  Agreed. His analysis was pretty asinine. None of the Wins/Losses were close by either team, and the series was split. Where he comes up with UW being able to "not have much trouble" with SCSU is beyond me.
                  St. Cloud State University - Stearns County's Pride On Ice

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Rico View Post
                    Hoping for a split.
                    You waited 5 years to say that!

Comment

Originally posted by nuke View Post
                      You waited 5 years to say that!
                      I like it.

If he never posts again, it just might be the best one-off poster in existence.
                      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

I wasn't really saying his analysis was way off, just pointing out that the keys to the game are similar for both teams. Play solid defense in front of your goalies and you got a good shot at winning. Both teams can score goals, and both have had defensive letdowns against eachother (hence the lopsided scores). All I know is that it should be a pretty good game to watch.
                        This is THE State of Hockey. Check your teams roster. I bet there are some Minnesotans on it
                        www.twitter.com/johnnyredshoes

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Rico View Post
                          Hoping for a split.
                          Man, can't wait to see what your second career post in 2015 is going to say. I'll be counting the days...

Comment

Will Bucky be considered the "home" team since they are seeded higher? I like the idea of getting the last change on all of the play stoppages especially against SCSU's top line.
                            Signature under construction.....bids being accepted.

Comment

Originally posted by HighToTheGloveSide View Post
                              Will Bucky be considered the "home" team since they are seeded higher? I like the idea of getting the last change on all of the play stoppages especially against SCSU's top line.
                              Yes. You'll be wearing white.
                              the state of hockey is good

Comment

We're ready to roll. I mean, we just creamed Mankato, so that proves we're a championship team.

You heard it here first.

I'm here to help.
                                Bob is making me concerned
                                I am the voice of reason

Comment

Working...
                                X