WCHA Final Five Semi: St. Cloud State vs. Wisconsin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WCHA Final Five Semi: St. Cloud State vs. Wisconsin

Hi all! I've started a new blog at http://wchahockeyblog.blogspot.com. Come and check it out. I think you'll like it.
    "I told him about this offer and he (Thomas Vanek) told me about the fans at the National Hockey Center," Nodl said. "I was like 'Wow.' He loved playing there because it was so crazy. The students really get into it. It wasn't like Minnesota where you have 10,000 old people not making any noise."

Comment

Marvin is 6'3" and around 210. Who does he need to have someone stick up for him to?
      Originally posted by SJHovey
      Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
      Originally posted by Brenthoven
      We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Crainer View Post
        Does anyone have a website streaming the broadcast? Of course, the usual station here in Appleton has the basketball game, and I'm stuck at work.
        www.uwbadgers.com usually has link to that. They usually dont post it until the day of the game though.
        A Badger living in Buckeye country.
        Originally posted by MadCityRich
        He blossomed after he left the U, and they still named a city in Minnesota after him?
        Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
        Sieve, Minnesota? Never heard of it.
        Originally posted by Timothy A
        I know my distain of anything and everything related to IL or MN is totally insane, but that's me; you can't change the genetics.
        "The state of North Dakota may not exist. It's like South Dakota's Canadian girlfriend." -- Stephen Colbert

Comment

Originally posted by motox View Post
          As for the team getting up for these games, I don't think that will be an issue. Specifically the senior leadership of Raboin (and Lasch) will have this team ready to go.
          So after easily over 3 and a half years of those two being a part of SCSU teams not showing up, now they're FOR SURE gonna have the troops in order? I'd love to believe that, but I can't. I think they'll show up, but I could see a bad game out of them.

Originally posted by Roben View Post
          there's a good chance that the Sioux will play Saturday afternoon...I'd like to see a SC Tech/UND game Saturday afternoon. SC would have a hard time defending/backing up Marvin for two straight games from teams he's injured a player on. Things won't get stupid though with the tourney afterwards.
          Funny, we're playing UW, and not one of their fans mentioned Marvin this far in. See, UW fans don't have this axe to grind you babies do. They're also not stupid enough to settle a score with the NCAAs around the corner. I HOPE the same goes for NoDak. I also hope UMD knocks NoDak out on Thursday... God did THAT feel dirty typing!

Brent, we got a beer on the outcome of this one?
          tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
            So after easily over 3 and a half years of those two being a part of SCSU teams not showing up, now they're FOR SURE gonna have the troops in order? I'd love to believe that, but I can't. I think they'll show up, but I could see a bad game out of them.
            Did we have the same players on those teams that we do now? Were they the leaders of those teams for the past 3 1/2 years? Yeah, Raboin wore the C last year but the makeup, chemistry, attitude of this team is completely different. I didn't say they'll FOR SURE win, but I think they will be in the right mindset and put forth a solid effort. I've been saying for awhile now, this Huskies team is different than in the past.

Comment

Why the * would I bet on WI?!
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                Because you want to win.

Oh, wait. Wrong tournament.
                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

The question should be: You going to buy me a beer?

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                  To add to your scale of awesomeness.
                  Originally posted by Skeeterman
                  Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
                  "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
                    How about the 2:07 game?
                    That works!
                    There is Hope . . .

Comment

Originally posted by huskyhockey2000 View Post
                      Hi all! I've started a new blog at http://wchahockeyblog.blogspot.com. Come and check it out. I think you'll like it.
                      Actually a pretty decent blog.
                      Originally posted by SJHovey
                      Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                      Originally posted by Brenthoven
                      We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

I agree it's a pretty good blog from what i've read so far. I look forward to reading it throughout the Final Five and into the NCAAs

Comment

Looks more like a St. Cloud State blog than a WCHA blog.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                            Marvin is 6'3" and around 210. Who does he need to have someone stick up for him to?
                            Well if size is all you're basing it on John Mitchell for UW, 6'5" 225. Ours is bigger than yours.
                            If at first you don't succeed, try cheating.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                              Not calling you out EODS, but I've never really understood this thinking. Why because we are hockey fans can we not be huge basketball fans as well. In my immediate group of 15-20 freinds I have a lot who grew up playing hockey but cheer for the basketball team too, and vice versa.

I personally love hockey and I love basketball. I woke up last Friday and literally watched every basketball game on television from like 11 AM until the Badger hockey game Started at 7.

Count me in for being upset that the basketball game is going to be played right during the hockey game. Thank god for smart phones.
                              You are preaching to the choir when stuff like this is read by me.
                              Wisconsin - The real State of hockey.

Comment

EODS is a Purist. While I may not agree, and enjoy the roundball... I still respect the hockey love.
                                Originally posted by solovsfett
                                To you I say 73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06. Eat it.
                                Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                                You sir, are the greatest person from Wisconsin in recorded history.

Comment

Working...
                                X