PDA

View Full Version : WCHA Final Five: Hello Empty Seats

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

state of hockey
03-16-2010, 01:24 AM
Imagine an all-Minnesota F5. Good Lord. Even I would probably avoid it.

Shirtless Guy
03-16-2010, 01:31 AM
Imagine an all-Minnesota F5. Good Lord. Even I would probably avoid it.Too bad they're aren't enough Minnesota teams...but hey, who's counting?

state of hockey
03-16-2010, 01:36 AM
Too bad they're aren't enough Minnesota team...but hey, who's counting?

You aren't, obviously.

Minnesota, St. Cloud, Mankato, Duluth, Bemidji.

Wait, they switch it up to a stupid format next season. Lame.

WIbadgerfanneenah
03-16-2010, 01:39 AM
Minn
Minn st
St Cloud
Duluth

and of course Bemidji state

state of hockey
03-16-2010, 01:40 AM
Minn
Minn st
St Cloud
Duluth

Yeah, but I forgot that six teams will be in the F5 from now on. They are keeping the name because there will still more than likely be only 5 games.

SCSU HELMET GUY
03-16-2010, 01:41 AM
Minn
Minn st
St Cloud
Duluth

still not six teams ;)

Bakunin
03-16-2010, 06:50 AM
People that don't like it being in St. Paul can never offer a credible alternative or how that alternative would work as well or better than the current arrangement. The simple fact of the matter is no other city can top it - much less match it - in terms of location and guaranteed money/attendance.

Yager
03-16-2010, 06:52 AM
People that don't like it being in St. Paul can never offer a credible alternative or how that alternative would work as well or better than the current arrangement. The simple fact of the matter is no other city can top it - much less match it - in terms of location and guaranteed money/attendance.
I think it offers unfair advantages to closer teams. The tournament should be permanently moved to Bratislava, Slovakia.

The Rube
03-16-2010, 08:10 AM
I think it offers unfair advantages to closer teams. The tournament should be permanently moved to Bratislava, Slovakia.

Where's the love for Vladivostok?

Badger Abroad
03-16-2010, 08:43 AM

Cool, I could make it then! But actually Budapest would have more stuff to do around the arena.

scsutommyboy
03-16-2010, 09:01 AM
Why do people care so much where it is located? You have 7 schools that travel well to St. Paul. I am sure most of the Bucky fans that come live here, but they still show up. If you move to other places you won't fill the building and then the schools won't make the money they all love. I have kids and I can tell you I wouldn't go if it was some place else, but do go every year even when my team doesn't make it. When it was in Wisconsin and the Badgers didn't make it nobody showed up.

Also, for all the people who complain about what a great advantage the Gophers have, it would be a even bigger advantage for them and Sconnie if it wasn't there. You know why? because they need the FF money far less than the other small programs do. The only legit complaint people have it is the Gophers always getting the night game. I think Gopher fans would fill the building even if they palyed an afternoon game.

bigblue_dl
03-16-2010, 09:06 AM
Where's the love for Vladivostok?
Too close to UAA.

Dirty
03-16-2010, 09:36 AM
Cool, I could make it then! But actually Budapest would have more stuff to do around the arena.

Downtown Beirut.

SJHovey
03-16-2010, 09:38 AM

People who don't like it in St. Paul have, a) never been to it in St. Paul, and b) are suffering from some misguided notion that Minnesota has been afforded an advantage by having it played in St. Paul.

They don't realize that even though it's been played in St. Paul 17 times and Minneapolis twice, Minnesota has only managed to win the title 4 times there. Furthermore, they are 4-7 in the championship game, not exactly a stellar home ice advantage. Finally, the championship has been played elsewhere (Milwaukee) three times. Once Minnesota wasn't even in the tournament. The other two times they won it.

RedFreak
03-16-2010, 09:43 AM
People who don't like it in St. Paul have, a) never been to it in St. Paul, and b) are suffering from some misguided notion that Minnesota has been afforded an advantage by having it played in St. Paul.

They don't realize that even though it's been played in St. Paul 17 times and Minneapolis twice, Minnesota has only managed to win the title 4 times there. Furthermore, they are 4-7 in the championship game, not exactly a stellar home ice advantage. Finally, the championship has been played elsewhere (Milwaukee) three times. Once Minnesota wasn't even in the tournament. The other two times they won it.

I thought it was twice (though I can't be sure until tonight when I can look at my pin collection) What are the 3 years? I know 1994. I think 1992 (again, have to look at my pins).

SJHovey
03-16-2010, 09:44 AM
I thought it was twice (though I can't be sure until tonight when I can look at my pin collection) What are the 3 years? I know 1994. I think 1992 (again, have to look at my pins).

'98, I believe.

RedFreak
03-16-2010, 09:46 AM
'98, I believe.

Maybe 94, 96, and 98 then. I'll look tonight.

SJHovey
03-16-2010, 09:47 AM
Maybe 94, 96, and 98 then. I'll look tonight.

That is correct.

Bakunin
03-16-2010, 09:54 AM
Finally, the championship has been played elsewhere (Milwaukee) three times. Once Minnesota wasn't even in the tournament. The other two times they won it.
Maybe we should move it back to Milwaukee then. :p

nuke
03-16-2010, 03:53 PM

Just shows how pathetic the Gophers are. They can't even capitalize on having the home ice advantage.