WCHA Final Five: Hello Empty Seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WCHA Final Five: Hello Empty Seats

My crew....Including the Gopher fans will be there....I can't wait....Go Bucky....
    Yearly College Hockey Trips
    St. Cloud - Best Bar (Red Carpet)
    North Dakota - First Jägerbomb
    Northern Michigan - Friendliest Hockey Fans (tink-tink-ta-tink)
    Michigan Tech - Best Ice Sculptures
    Mankato - Denver wins the cup in OT
    Nebraska-Omaha - Biggest Weiner
    Bemidji State - Best Beaver Tour
    Duluth - Sandman KO'd but wins on a DQ
    St. Cloud - Great Band
    Northern Michigan - She gave my beads back

Comment

Empty seats? Does this mean that gopher fans aren't really hockey fans? That they're just gopher fans who only care about gophers and not about the game? Does this mean that the empty seats would have been occupied by gopher fans? (I heard they didn't make the tourney)
      Bob is making me concerned
      I am the voice of reason

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
        My seat won't be empty!
        Likewise!
        There is Hope . . .

Comment

No spelling this year. Yes!

Comment

Picked up two tickets today section C22 row 7 look like nice seats for fri game. I'll find some for the game on sat out front.

Comment

Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
              Empty seats? Does this mean that gopher fans aren't really hockey fans? That they're just gopher fans who only care about gophers and not about the game? Does this mean that the empty seats would have been occupied by gopher fans? (I heard they didn't make the tourney)
              Yes, empty seats

Sure, we're not hockey fans. Everyone knew this already, why not you?

What a concept.

Yes, the empty seats likely would have been occupied by Gopher fans. Hopefully with SCSU, UND, tUMD, and Wisconsin there there will be a good turnout. Although I wouldn't count on Wisconsin since they have pumpkin pushing to watch at the same time.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

can't they just move this tournament to Chicago and force the gopher fans to travel like everyone else...

anybody hear anything about how the playoffs and final 5 is going to work next year with 12 teams in the league
                The Quest For 7

Comment

Originally posted by uwbadgers14 View Post
                  can't they just move this tournament to Chicago and force the gopher fans to travel like everyone else...

anybody hear anything about how the playoffs and final 5 is going to work next year with 12 teams in the league
                  First round stays the same.

The final five will have two quarter final games on Thurs., two semi-finals on Friday, and a championship on Sat. night.

The 3rd place game will be scrapped.

Thus still the Final Five cause there is 5 games.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                    The one downside of the Gophers not being around is that I don't think anyone will swear at me or want to fight me. Very sad.
                    Don't worry, I'll swear at you plenty.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                    Are you saying that she is a dude?
                    I think he's saying that he only gets with women whose age can't be higher than their dress size.
                    R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

I am saving my money for the second round of NCAA games this year when St. Cloud plays.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                        First round stays the same.

The final five will have two quarter final games on Thurs., two semi-finals on Friday, and a championship on Sat. night.

The 3rd place game will be scrapped.

Thus still the Final Five cause there is 5 games.
                        hmmmm 6 teams in the final 5... hahaha
                        The Quest For 7

Comment

So, who's going to be the clowns that will go thru the arena to put flyers of Gopher fans on all the empty seats??
                          bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by uwbadgers14 View Post

The WCHA final 5 is somewhat meaningless for teams headed to the NCAA tourney. Also the WCHA regular season champion gets the best hardware.

Should consider putting something in the kitty to raise the stakes so all teams participating have something meaningful to play for. If teams played for the right to host the tourney next year then that would be something meaningful to play for. To the victor should go the spoils of victory.
                            "For me, college hockey was obviously the best step I could have taken to get to the next level." - Jonathan Toews, North Dakota/Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalSiouxFan View Post
                              The WCHA final 5 is somewhat meaningless for teams headed to the NCAA tourney. Also the WCHA regular season champion gets the best hardware.

Should consider putting something in the kitty to raise the stakes so all teams participating have something meaningful to play for. If teams played for the right to host the tourney next year then that would be something meaningful to play for. To the victor should go the spoils of victory.
                              Great idea, it would be very profitable to hold the final 5 in Bemidji/Duluth/Mankato/Colorado Springs/Anchorage/Omaha/Houghton/St. Cloud.
                              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Omaha great building easy to get to straight down 29
                                dash 8
                                what does North Dakota's gov't have that Minnesota won't have? A budget Surplus

Comment

Working...
                                X