X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MN Golden Gopher 2010 Offseason Thread

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Of course he does, he wants to play there.
    He better get used to it
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Update...2 goals in game 1 of pro career - both PP goals. Only 7 more and he will match his total for this year with the Gophs that took 37 games to accomplish.

Originally posted by observer85 View Post
      Just checking the AHL website and see Jordan Schroeder is off to a good start in his 1st game in Winnepeg.

Has a goal already in the first 2 minutes of this game.

http://theahl.com/stats/game-summary...ame_id=1007077
      Remember the 5 "S's" of hockey - Speed, Size, Strength, Skill and Smarts - The more you have of these, the higher level you get to go to....

Comment

Originally posted by goofy gopher View Post
        How about Sam Lofquist? I really think he left at a bad time. I believe Leddy was out at the time as well and really left the gophers short handed. I think the power play would have been different had he stayed this year.
        He wasn't including this season in the discussion of early departures. If he was, I'd have mentioned Lofquist and Schroeder.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          Not a chance...no team in the Big Ten allows liquor sales for on campus sporting events...only freebies in the suites. The U is not going to **** off the Big Ten by doing something even Wisconsin wont do.
          The U is always looking to be in the lead on new ideas This is one I could get behind, we will see what the Legislature says, they are already considering the idea.
          - Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God. -

Go Bemidji Beavers
          Go you Green and White
          Go Bemidji Beavers
          Fight with all your might!
          Rah! Rah! Rah!
          We are here to cheer you
          We are out to win your fame,
          So, Go Bemidji Beavers
          Fight to win this game.-Fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobbit View Post
            There was a very good discussion regarding the Gophers on beyond the pond yesterday on KFAN. If you happened to miss it, it's worth downloading.

Micheletti really called out the assistant situation and also the attitude of players like Schroeder.
            I thought Pat's comment about the asst. coach often being a point person for the players was good. IMO we need to replace Hill with someone who knows and lived through some of the history and tradition of the Gopher program, is able to communicate that to the players, and personally relate to the players and their development. It's too bad Mike Guentzel isn't still around because he was that type of guy.

His point about the new players having lost some of the understanding of what means to be a Gopher hockey player and wear the "M" is also valid. IMO much of that has to do with the "entitlement" attitude that some players have developed for various reasons and consequently view the Gopher program as just a stepping stone to the pros.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumbolaya View Post
              http://www.kfan.com/cc-common/podcas...d_The_Pond.xml

You can download the podcast files from there, I am just about to check out yesterday's program myself.
              Thanks much, I appreciate it.
              Go Badgers!

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                Not a chance...no team in the Big Ten allows liquor sales for on campus sporting events...only freebies in the suites. The U is not going to **** off the Big Ten by doing something even Wisconsin wont do.
                Eight of the 11 schools sell beer in their premium seating areas.

Wisconsin receives $450,000 from beer company sponsorships.
                Last edited by dggoddard; 03-22-2010, 10:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
                  Eight of the 11 schools sell alcohol in their premium seating areas.

Wisconsin receives $450,000 from beer company sponsorships.
                  We had that then the stupid Minnesota legislature blew it all to hell by saying it's all or nothing.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                    We had that then the stupid Minnesota legislature blew it all to hell by saying it's all or nothing.
                    I couldn't find a Big Ten "rule" online banning alcohol sales, so I doubt one exists. Especially since a majority of schools sell it in the premium seating areas.

Comment

• Re: MN Golden Gopher 2010 Offseason Thread

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
                      .... attitude that some players have developed for various reasons and consequently view the Gopher program as just a stepping stone to the pros.
                      Only some players???
                      The rest better get on board fast and start playing like professionals.

If players don't feel like their college hockey program is the next step up towards pro hockey then either: 1) the program is not an elite college program; 2) the program needs fixing; or 3) the players need to have an attitude adjustment.
                      "For me, college hockey was obviously the best step I could have taken to get to the next level." - Jonathan Toews, North Dakota/Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalSiouxFan View Post
                        Only some players???

If players don't feel like their college hockey program is the next step up towards pro hockey then either: 1) the program is not an elite college program; 2) the program needs fixing; or 3) the players need to have an attitude adjustment.
                        Fixation.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Only some players???

So you're disagreeing with Pat Micheletti then?

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
                            I couldn't find a Big Ten "rule" online banning alcohol sales, so I doubt one exists. Especially since a majority of schools sell it in the premium seating areas.
                            There is no ban...and guess what I never said there was one. I just said no Big Ten school allows it, which they don't. Do a google search of the law that was passed in Minnesota and you will get all the information you need about it.

But just so there isnt any confusion...this has nothing to do with the premium seating...that is aok. The Big Ten frowns upon selling it to the regular fan with a ticket and so no school does it. Suites are fine, club level is fine but regular seats not so much. The Minnesota State Legislature said that is BS and made a rule against such policies at campus arenas and the U decided not to buck the trend of the Big Ten so they banned alcohol everywhere.
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
                              IMO much of that has to do with the "entitlement" attitude that some players have developed for various reasons and consequently view the Gopher program as just a stepping stone to the pros.
                              The U isn't anymore of a stepping stone to the NHL than UW or UND and yet they seem to suffer less from this phenomenon. Taking pride in the "M" starts with the player but is reinforced by the coaches and alumni, and I don't think there's been enough of the latter.

blah, blah, blah, blah, blah....
                              FYP.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                                The U isn't anymore of a stepping stone to the NHL than UW or UND and yet they seem to suffer less from this phenomenon. Taking pride in the "M" starts with the player but is reinforced by the coaches and alumni, and I don't think there's been enough of the latter.

FYP.
                                What's surprising to me about this statement is that most of Minnesota's players are from the state and they spend their childhoods rooting for the Gophers.

I would think that would endear them more to the program / school....such that this would eliminate the phenomenon you reference.

Comment

Working...
                                X