The 2010 CCHA Championships 3/19-20: FSU, Miami, Michigan, and NMU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 2010 CCHA Championships 3/19-20: FSU, Miami, Michigan, and NMU

Four teams have stamped their ticket to the Joe Lewis Arena.
    Friday's semi-final games will be NMU vs. Ferris and Miami vs. Michigan.

Though the #1 seed usually plays the early game, since Miami is playing Michigan they will most likely play the late game. The NMU and Ferris match up will come earlier in the day.

Discuss!
    Always a Wildcat...
    Originally posted by Kepler
    If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Re: The 2010 CCHA Championships 3/19-20: FSU, Miami, Michigan, and NMU

I'll be heading down, can't wait. I'm curious how many of them make it to the big dance, Ferris, Northern and Michigan are all right on that bubble.

Hopefully Ferris can come out strong, they were less than impressive against Northern earlier this year. I'm definitely glad that Michigan and Miami can beat each other up, although I would have loved to see Miami get upset by OSU.

Comment

This definitely needs a bump.

I'm headed up early Friday and planning to catch both semifinal games. Just booked the hotel room this morning!

Speaking of which, if anyone wanted a room at the Ren Center Marriott, they just opened up additional rooms at the CCHA group rate ($125.35 after tax). The woman at the registration desk said they'd been flooded with calls all morning, so they added a good portion of the unbooked rooms. You can book online here (group code "chfchfa" should automatically be entered) or you can just call the reservation desk at 1-800-228-9290 and ask for the CCHA rate.

Go RedHawks!
      Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Comment

Originally posted by I Want Shegos View Post
        I'll be heading down, can't wait. I'm curious how many of them make it to the big dance, Ferris, Northern and Michigan are all right on that bubble.

Hopefully Ferris can come out strong, they were less than impressive against Northern earlier this year. I'm definitely glad that Michigan and Miami can beat each other up, although I would have loved to see Miami get upset by OSU.
        We need one win. Badly. Doesn't matter which night.

I'll try to get down there Friday evening and maybe Saturday. It depends on how much bull**** I have to deal with this week at the office.
        FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

I don't think Michigan is a bubble team- if we don't win it all, we are not in- flat out. It's either championship or nothing.

What I keep hearing is that Ferris and Northern are bubbles, but Alaska is firmly at 13? Anyway, it's good to see both teams potentially joining Miami in the tournament.

Since my team had such a poor season, we didn't make any plans on going to Detroit- and even made alternate plans. Oops. So while I would normally look very much forward to joining all of you at the party Friday night- that's not going to happen this year. Oh, well.

It will be interesting to see IF Michigan can continue their good play, and somehow, beyond our expectations 2 weeks ago, make the NCAA by winning the CCHA. I would be floored, if that happens.

For downtown hotels- IF any of you can claim working for the govenment (and working for a state school DOES count), the government rate is someting like $108, at ALL hotels. Read- Ren Cen, Book Cadillac, and Fort Shelby. We are staying at the Book for the Frozen Four. Can't hurt to ask, and there's no real block for government rates. Have a great time!!! Go see some stuff on Saturday morning- the Detroit museums are just up Woodward.

Comment

Its time for that annual trip for the NMU fans Should be a lot of there.
            Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
            1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
            1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
            2006-2007: 15-24-2
            2007-2008: 20-20-4
            2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

No clue how many Miami fans will make the trip, but I'll be there!

Comment

Anyone but Michigan!

Comment

Miami and Ferris are locks right now. Alaska can still get in and Northern can play their way in. Michigan would have to beat Miami to get in and most likely win the whole thing. Looking at the scenerios I punched in, looks like 4 CCHA teams will get in.
                  Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                    No clue how many Miami fans will make the trip, but I'll be there!
                    There will be plenty of Miami fans there. Usually is a very good contingent. The band will make the trip as usual and with as many players from the Ohio-Michigan-Illinois-Indiana area their families and friends will turn out in numbers as well.

Big question looming is who starts in net, Knapp or Reichard??
                    Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
                      Miami and Ferris are locks right now. Alaska can still get in and Northern can play their way in. Michigan would have to beat Miami to get in and most likely win the whole thing. Looking at the scenerios I punched in, looks like 4 CCHA teams will get in.
                      Northern should almost be a lock for the Tourny. If they were to lose both games this weekend, they can still squeeze in providing there are no upsets in the WCHA/Hockey East, and Cornell wins the ECAC. If NMU were to win 1 game (Friday or the Third place game Saturday) They should be in the NCAAs.

Born a Black Bear
                      1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life

NMU Hockey

Comment

There will be plenty of Miami fans there. Usually is a very good contingent. The band will make the trip as usual and with as many players from the Ohio-Michigan-Illinois-Indiana area their families and friends will turn out in numbers as well.

Id go with Reichard, but thats my opinion.

Also, I will be sitting next to the Miami band Friday Night cheering with you guys to beat Michigan. I remember some of your cheers from two years ago!
                        Mainly the "Slam...see you in two minutes ***hole" Just a personal favorite.

Born a Black Bear

A NMU Wildcat for Life

NMU Hockey

Comment

Who knows how screwed up Cody's head is right now. I didn't see Saturday's game, just how bad was he? I've always felt that you know what you are getting with Knapp and weather or not that is enough is completely contingent upon our defense. No to say that is absolute and Connor never makes some spectacular saves...I think Rico will be fine going with either. I hope.

Comment

Originally posted by NMU8405 View Post
                            Northern should almost be a lock for the Tourny. If they were to lose both games this weekend, they can still squeeze in providing there are no upsets in the WCHA/Hockey East, and Cornell wins the ECAC. If NMU were to win 1 game (Friday or the Third place game Saturday) They should be in the NCAAs.
                            I thought so too, the scenerios I ran through had them in. But you never know. I think 4 get in from the CCHA at the least, 5 could but it would be ver very tough.

As for Reichard being the guy, probably will be. But he fought it pretty bad this weekend and Connor looked really really good last night. Not sure where Cody's head is at after not getting the nod for sunday's game.

Comment

Originally posted by NMU8405 View Post
                              Its time for that annual trip for the NMU fans Should be a lot of there.
                              SECTION 12 and myself will be there!

Comment

Working...
                              X