PDA

View Full Version : Will this be one of the all time great Championship weekends in Division III?

Saints17
03-14-2010, 06:37 PM
I have been attending the Finals, Frozen Four, Championships, what have you since Lake Placid has been the host for the past 3 seasons.
Granted my experience is somewhat limited in regards to witnessing some other great weekends for the Finals. However I believe this upcoming weekend might be one of the best in quite some time overall.
If someone asked you to name some of the best programs in D III, how could you answer without naming these four schools?
My first year, St.Norbert won it and you could sense the relief from its fans and program in general.
Last season, an upstart Neumann team walked away with the hardware.
This year, what a tremendous field of teams. No matter the outcome, I truly believe this weekend will be one of the best Finals.....at least for me.
Hope to meet up with some of the faithful from all programs. Not sure if any of the fans who will be up there, enjoy adult beverages? :D

LoudHorns31
03-14-2010, 06:42 PM
I'll be there, in section 8. just look for the grey #4 Remenda jersey and you'll find me. I'd love to meet as many other fans as possible so make sure to stop me if you see me!

The Real Georgia Peach
03-14-2010, 08:18 PM
If we accept that the four most deserving teams are in the final four,(and most of us do),:) (based on the reading all these threads) I would hope that we have good officiating and each team plays up to their potential. Whoever wins should be the team that played the best over the weekend. I don't want to have a summer of p-i-s-s-ing and moaning about ____ was jobbed rearing it's ugly head on these boards.:D

joecct
03-14-2010, 09:51 PM
What??? You're not going to Albany to see SLU win the ECAC's????

Saints17
03-15-2010, 03:48 PM
Joe-
Do we have to go thru this every year St.Lawrence makes it to Albany?:D

I have had my room booked for Placid since last fall. A weekend in Placid vs Albany? Its a no brainer for me.....

joecct
03-15-2010, 03:52 PM
Joe-
Do we have to go thru this every year St.Lawrence makes it to Albany?:D

I have had my room booked for Placid since last fall. A weekend in Placid vs Albany? Its a no brainer for me.....Yes....:)

I was planning on making the trips this year then the wife brought the family minivan to the dealership.

1st repair: $1,700
2nd repair to fix a repair that they *** up in 2005: $1,500

And my car sounds like I have a leak in the exhaust system.

No Albany, no Lake Placid, no Detroit.
I so wanted to see Jaslow's Mini and meet Caveman.

DIIIFan
03-15-2010, 05:08 PM
If we accept that the four most deserving teams are in the final four,(and most of us do),:) (based on the reading all these threads) I would hope that we have good officiating and each team plays up to their potential. Whoever wins should be the team that played the best over the weekend. I don't want to have a summer of p-i-s-s-ing and moaning about ____ was jobbed rearing it's ugly head on these boards.:D

You make a great point. Lets hope the third team out there does a professional job. I was at the Bowdin/Oswego game last weekend and the refs would be given a C at best. It would be a shame if the refs once again decide the outcome of a game with some shakey calls.

I will be in Placid
Oswego '89

bakdraft21
03-15-2010, 05:52 PM
You make a great point. Lets hope the third team out there does a professional job. I was at the Bowdin/Oswego game last weekend and the refs would be given a C at best. It would be a shame if the refs once again decide the outcome of a game with some shakey calls.

I will be in Placid
Oswego '89

the only C I would give murphy is CCCCCCCCCCCC ya later

Old Rook NU'66
03-15-2010, 06:56 PM
If we accept that the four most deserving teams are in the final four,(and most of us do),:) (based on the reading all these threads) I would hope that we have good officiating and each team plays up to their potential.

It is not a matter of "we accepting" that these are the four best teams--but going back to the first USHOL coach's poll of their peers early last fall-- it has always been either SNC, Platty, Oswego or the Cadets who were on top with the other three close behind nipping at the heels of Numero Uno. Others have been close but only these four were ever picked to top a weekly poll. So now we just find out who is #1 for the 2009-2010 season.

And what has been great is this has happened without any crazy bounces :( or cheap shots :mad: , and now as it is suppose to be, with the best playing in the National finals. :) So like Georgia Peach I only hope that it continues td play out the way it has so far until the final buzzer. See you there in Section 9 in my "Old Rook" hat. :rolleyes: