HOTEL ROOMS for Women's Frozen Four

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOTEL ROOMS for Women's Frozen Four

Anyone coming to Minneapolis for the Frozen Four next week, the Ramada Plaza Minneapolis is a great place to stay. They're just 3 1/2 miles from Ridder Arena. Plenty of free parking, and they have a complimentary shuttle to and from the arena. Recently renovated guest rooms and public spaces.

They have a restaurant/bar with five flat screen TVs. A great place to watch the Men's WCHA Final Five tournament or the NCAA Basketball tourney.

Call 612-331-1900 and ask for $89 Frozen Four rate.

Lots of the hotels in the area are full because of the NCAA Division III Swimming and Diving Championships at the U of M that wekk.
    Last edited by Bonin; 03-14-2010, 01:12 PM.

Re: HOTEL ROOMS for Women's Frozen Four

Originally posted by Bonin View Post
    Lots of the hotels in the area are full because of the NCAA Division III Swimming and Diving Championships at the U of M that week.
    On top of that, the U. of M. is also hosting the first and second rounds of the Division I Women's Basketball Tournament starting on the 21st (which is likely why the D-I hockey championship game starts at Noon that day). But a number of basketball fans may try to come in on Saturday, so if you plan on sticking around, get you rooms booked before tomorrow's women's basketball bracket announcements.
    Last edited by CrazyDave; 03-14-2010, 01:36 PM. Reason: Clarification for people who haven't read the entire thread...
    Give blood... Play Gopher Hockey!
    Men's National Championships: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003
    Women's National Championships: 2000, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyDave View Post
      On top of that, the U. of M. is also hosting the first and second rounds of the Division 1 Women's Basketball Tournament starting on the 21st (which is likely why the hockey championship game starts at Noon that day).
      Are you referring to the DI championship game by chance? I thought the DIII games were on the 19th and 20th?

Comment

Originally posted by Bald Tire View Post
        Are you referring to the DI championship game by chance? I thought the DIII games were on the 19th and 20th?
        Yes... I was responding to Bonin's original post which was about Minneapolis and the U. of M., so I thought that was a dead give away.

Comment

I have a small extra bedroom in my basement if any of you are shut out. We can dicker about the rent--I'm thinking a sliding scale ranging from reasonable for Cornell fans to astronomical for 'Dog fans.

I can also shuttle you to the games in my '95 Pathfinder for a fee, or UMD types can hitchhike straight down University (about 4 miles).

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyDave View Post
            Yes... I was responding to Bonin's original post which was about Minneapolis and the U. of M., so I thought that was a dead give away.
            Let this be a lesson to you Bald Tire. How dare you mention D3 to the upper echelon! You'll get a smart arse answer back everytime along with a sheesh! JC Man! What were ya thinking....

Comment

I'll play nice. For anyone going to the D-III Frozen Four in St. Peter this weekend (and yes, the games are on the 19th and 20th)...

Meaning no offense to the city of St. Peter or their chamber of commerce, I'd suggest staying in Mankato. There is a greater variety of lodging options there, and it's much closer than the Twin Cities to St. Peter.

Comment

Originally posted by 5 4 Fighting View Post
                Let this be a lesson to you Bald Tire. How dare you mention D3 to the upper echelon! You'll get a smart arse answer back everytime along with a sheesh! JC Man! What were ya thinking....
                But it is nice to point out that if the D1 fans making the trip to Minnesota next weekend want to watch more hockey....than they should head down to St. Peter and watch the D3 third place and championship game
                UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
                NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
                Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

Originally posted by gojackets View Post
                  But it is nice to point out that if the D1 fans making the trip to Minnesota next weekend want to watch more hockey....than they should head down to St. Peter and watch the D3 third place and championship game
                  Will there be tickets available on Saturday, or is the event expected to sell out? I see that the arena holds ~ 1,500 and attendance for the quarter was just over a third of that, but I don't know the history of past D-III events, how well the fan bases travel, and how much buzz there is around St. Peter and Mankato for these games.

I've never watched a D-III game and would consider making this my first, but I don't want to take a seat away from a loyal D-III fan.
                  "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                  And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                    Will there be tickets available on Saturday, or is the event expected to sell out? I see that the arena holds ~ 1,500 and attendance for the quarter was just over a third of that, but I don't know the history of past D-III events, how well the fan bases travel, and how much buzz there is around St. Peter and Mankato for these games.

I've never watched a D-III game and would consider making this my first, but I don't want to take a seat away from a loyal D-III fan.
                    Its never been in the west before, so no one knows how well the eastern t eams will travel. I know Amherst has a handful of players from MN so I'd expect a decent crowd from them. However, I would expect you will have room.
                    UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
                    NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
                    Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post

I have never been to St. Peter, the Don Roberts Ice Arena or a D3 Final Four but would suggest that there will be room for anyone that may want to come out to watch. The fact that it is being held out West and the three teams that are traveling are from the East would imply that the Arena will not be filled to the rafters. I do however expect that any of the fans that have affiliations to these teams will be out in full force perhaps not in quantity but moreso in boisterous quality fashion.

If you have never been to a D3 game what better time to pay a visit than when you have the 4 best teams under one roof in the hockey mad State of Minnesota.

We will be certainly be there and if anyone needs a seat they can have mine cause if the matches are as close as I think they are going to be...I'll likley be in the car with the goalie Dad, to nervous to watch.

Comment

We will be certainly be there and if anyone needs a seat they can have mine cause if the matches are as close as I think they are going to be...I'll likley be in the car with the goalie Dad, to nervous to watch.[/QUOTE]

Just don't spill the beverage!
                        Elmira 2

Comment

Working...
                        X