Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MSU Spartan off-season - the grand flame-out

Originally posted by STATEdude3 View Post
    I can't figure out what the circle below the neck is...any idea?
    Looks like the NCAA logo.

AWESOME uniforms.
    Boston College Eagle Hockey » "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

I can't figure out what the circle below the neck is...any idea?
      *****http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4061/4546649304_e462e2feaf_b.jpg******

?
      maize is just an arrogant shade of yellow

Comment

About the Uniforms: My instant reaction was that they were horrible, particularly the home one but they have already grown on me. I still am not sure about the Spartan Helmet but for some reason i do like that our home and away are different instead of just inverses.

Still not sure about the back of the home whites but i don't feel as bad about it as i did initially.

I'll quickly get over the change. I will miss our old script though.

Also, they didn't show the back of our aways. I am curious.

I think the new football ones are rather poor, though.
        Last edited by Pirateasaurus; 04-23-2010, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaurus View Post
          About the Uniforms: My instant reaction was that they were horrible, particularly the home one but they have already grown on me. I still am not sure about the Spartan Helmet but for some reason i do like that our home and away are different instead of just inverses.

Still not sure about the back of the home whites but i don't feel as bad about it as i did initially.

I'll quickly get over the change. I will miss our old script though.
          I like the helmet on the whites.
          maize is just an arrogant shade of yellow

Comment

The green one has grown on me very quickly. The white (home) one has not...yet. I will probably go out and get a new green one. I'm going to have to go out and purchase the old version of the white one, as I will never forget the script jerseys-I grew up on those, and want to make sure to have something to remember those memories with.
            MICHIGAN STATE
            1966:1986:2007

Comment

Alright, after staring at them for more i have finally decided that i like them. I think our hockey team will remain the sharpest looking of the major sports.

Comment

all in all not terrible

Comment

Honestly, IMO on the uniforms: Terrible.

Can't believe we ditched 30 years of tradition with the script logo for those things, but my issues with the new uniforms go beyond that.

Do I like the general idea, in that, we're shying away from black as a third color? Sure, even though we're still wearing the old generation black pants. Do I think the execution was botched horribly? Totally.

In regard to the away sweater, they tried to smash too much text on that top arc. It looks very cluttered, and the chest number with the separate bronze outline looks out of place. Separate "Michigan" and "State" arcs on the top, or a "Michigan" top arc and a "State" bottom arc would look infinitely better than what was ultimately decided on. I like the general idea of the number itself, but rid of the gaudy outline and reduce its size by half.

I like the shoulder stripe on the home sweater, but I don't like the helmet as the primary logo on the stomach.

Additionally, the nameplate text is way too friggin' enormous - I shutter to think what the back of Golembiewski's jersey is going to look like, but surely the final product will weigh 15 pounds.

Not a fan. Not a fan at all. (And, hell, I actually kind of like the new football and hoops duds.)
                  Last edited by aallenpollreisz; 04-24-2010, 03:46 AM.
                  Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
                  66 - 86 - 07
                  59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
                  59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

So I was at the spring football game today and I started thinking about ways to increase attendance at Hockey's Green and White game...anyone have any ideas? Here are a couple of mine...

• Host "skate with the Spartans" before the game. This may encourage fans to come out for this event, as they do for the event when it is held later in the year.
                    • Instead of having the event on a weeknight, do it during the weekend so more families can attend--maybe after a home football game.
                    • Have a 45 minute (3 15min periods) alumni game.
                    • Hand out tickets (not actual tickets but flyers) throughout the residence halls during the week before to help generate student awareness to the hockey program.
                    • ADVERTISE the event. The football spring game was shoved down my throat, much like Midnight Madness is for basketball. I know hockey will never be at that level, but a little more than 1 paragraph at MSUspartans.com would be nice.
                    MICHIGAN STATE

Comment

So I was at the spring football game today and I started thinking about ways to increase attendance at Hockey's Green and White game...anyone have any ideas? Here are a couple of mine...
                      • Instead of having the event on a weeknight, do it during the weekend so more families can attend--maybe after a home football game.
                      Last year was the first time since we've been back in Michigan that it was on a Sunday evening. I did not understand the change and did not like it. Sunday afternoons were just fine by me.
                      "It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."
                      - Mark Twain

Comment

Tim Kennedy has been named to Team USA for the upcoming world championships in Germany!

http://www.msuspartans.com/sports/m-...042910aab.html
                        MICHIGAN STATE

Comment

Tim Kennedy has been named to Team USA for the upcoming world championships in Germany!

http://www.msuspartans.com/sports/m-...042910aab.html
                          Very cool! Seems his stock is rising.

Comment

Rowe signs with Philly . Hopefully Tropp doesn't follow and sign with Buffalo.

Comment

Originally posted by JTWRJW View Post
                              Rowe signs with Philly . Hopefully Tropp doesn't follow and sign with Buffalo.

I am afraid we are losing far too much to make up for.
                              MICHIGAN STATE

Comment

I agree. If (when?) Tropp leaves they may have a very difficult time putting the puck in the net on a consistent basis.

Comment

Working...
                                X