MSU Spartan off-season - the grand flame-out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MSU Spartan off-season - the grand flame-out

Friday removed any shred of doubt about this season's fate. A lot of decisions will be made soon - outbound and inbound.
    It could be an interesting week.

Comment

Originally posted by scullyer View Post
      Dear MSU,

Please watch the NMU/FSU semifinal. That's how you play when the season is on the line.

Sincerely,

Fans
      ^5!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Go Blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
        Friday removed any shred of doubt about this season's fate. A lot of decisions will be made soon - outbound and inbound.
        It could be an interesting week.
        Talk to us Chief. Predictions? It's just us...
        "Those who think they know it all usually know less than those who listen and learn."

Comment

FSU/NMU?? They need to have a talk with the basketball team
          All hail the Big Ten and our Network!
          There thou beholdest the walls of Sparta, and every man a brick. -Lycurgus , 850 B.C

Comment

Petry has signed or will sign today with Edmonton - or Oklahoma City (new AHL location). Not a big surprise. Somewhat disappointing ... if the season had ended differently, I'm wondering if his decision would have changed.
            Last edited by owslachief; 03-23-2010, 06:58 AM.

Comment

Has Michael Gunn decommitted? If not, Comley needs to get the kid to sign a LOI as soon as possible.

Nonetheless, though it's not shocking whatsoever, it is disappointing. Edmonton's totally devoid of talent, and Petry... well, possesses talent.

I shall miss Jeff tremendously.
              Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
              66 - 86 - 07
              59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
              59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post
                Has Michael Gunn decommitted? If not, Comley needs to get the kid to sign a LOI as soon as possible.

Nonetheless, though it's not shocking whatsoever, it is disappointing. Edmonton's totally devoid of talent, and Petry... well, possesses talent.

I shall miss Jeff tremendously.
                Would not be a bad idea to go after Gunn - unless he's got an ace in the hole.

In other, happier news, Jeff Lerg's come off the IR and will be joining the Devils' ECHL affiliate - Trenton.

Comment

Time to think about next season's C's and A's now?

Comment

Would not be a bad idea to go after Gunn - unless he's got an ace in the hole.

In other, happier news, Jeff Lerg's come off the IR and will be joining the Devils' ECHL affiliate - Trenton.
                    Is Gunn playing somewhere else as he's not played in the NAHL since December. Are you expecting him to replace Petry? For next season you have Krug, Crandell, Josepher, Buttery, Shelgren, Grassi and Sturges already in the wings. AJ doesn't have a lot of game-time under his belt, but everyone seems to agree that they would like to see him play some. The leadership is in pretty good hands there. Let's face it, many teams would love to have six returning defensemen with the ice time that these six do.

Jeff will be sorely missed as he is truly a good person as well as a great hockey player. However, this team can move on with what is left.
                    "Those who think they know it all usually know less than those who listen and learn."

Comment

Originally posted by Nevergoodenough View Post
                      Is Gunn playing somewhere else as he's not played in the NAHL since December. Are you expecting him to replace Petry? For next season you have Krug, Crandell, Josepher, Buttery, Shelgren, Grassi and Sturges already in the wings. AJ doesn't have a lot of game-time under his belt, but everyone seems to agree that they would like to see him play some. The leadership is in pretty good hands there. Let's face it, many teams would love to have six returning defensemen with the ice time that these six do.

Jeff will be sorely missed as he is truly a good person as well as a great hockey player. However, this team can move on with what is left.
                      Gunn played a brief stint with Chicago Steel, then was injured ... it was decided he would sit the rest of the season out and come back next year.
                      That could all change ... I was kinda counting on another (tall) defenseman to come in but we had nothing to offer him yet. Now that guy is going somewhere else (UNO) and unless Comley's got someone else in mind, I suppose State's got to give Gunn a shot* in 2010 after all. Unless MSU can do it with 7 on the roster.

The fact we're now probably scrambling for another d-man tells me Petry's outlook on school changed over the course of the last month or two.

* wow. punn not intended
                      Last edited by owslachief; 03-23-2010, 10:31 AM.

Comment

The fact we're now probably scrambling for another d-man tells me Petry's outlook on school changed over the course of the last month or two.[/I]
                        Sounds like a good pizza/libation discussion is in order.

Comment

Time to think about next season's C's and A's now?
                          I would think Rowe and Tropp would be prime canidates.

Comment

Time to think about Section V's new spiritual leader?

Comment

Time to think about Section V's new spiritual leader?
                              How about the kid who shows up in the Spartan outfit? However, I am not sure if he has the lungs for it.

Comment

Originally posted by BlimpGuy View Post
                                I would think Rowe and Tropp would be prime canidates.
                                Gazely?

Comment

Working...
                                X