PDA

View Full Version : PC hockey offseason and TOURNAMENT MODE!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

The Freds
03-24-2010, 07:47 AM
What a genuinely odd collection of teams...so they put UNH there to draw a crowd? I wonder how many of their fans will invest the time and money to go to Albany after the "meh" end to the year they've had. Goodness knows they've been there before...many times...with the same result. Why prolong the agony, lol. :o

There is a difference in watching PC as the perrennial regular season bottom feeder :mad: and UHN the perrennial NCAA choker. The former is frustrating, the latter is just part of being in Tournament ModeŽ. ;) I think I might root for RIT this weekend.

theprofromdover
03-24-2010, 08:22 AM
So, is PC91 due back soon?

HockeyMan2000
03-24-2010, 09:49 AM
There is a difference in watching PC as the perrennial regular season bottom feeder :mad: and UHN the perrennial NCAA choker. The former is frustrating, the latter is just part of being in Tournament ModeŽ. ;) I think I might root for RIT this weekend.

Of course, that's true, I'd take the latter anyday over the former :) No comparison there. I just wondered how many fans would actually travel to take part...but as Comicbookguy says likely they will be motivated by the senior class and will go undaunted. Either way I'd still root for RIT also!! ;)

HockeyMan2000
03-24-2010, 09:57 AM
Agreed on the odd collection of teams. I really hate regionalization and such. I loved seeing Michigan, NMU, Colgate, Clarkson, Bemidji, Colorado College, St. Lawrence, SCSU, Air Force, Miami, Minnesota, Denver coming into Albany, Worcester, Amherst and Bridgeport. I know some of those teams still have come out here in recent years for the regionals, but not as much.

I've mentioned this before, but I think the NCAA would make the regionals a much more attractive event by combining them into 2 East and West "Super" Regionals. For me, traveling a fair distance just for 3 games at the ticket prices involved when my team isn't there -- and when some years I'm going to the Frozen Four a couple of weeks later -- isn't worth it. In fact I stopped going to the regionals when they changed the format to 4 venues.

As an event, it was a lot more appealing when they had 2 sites, and you were seeing half of the field advancing to the Frozen Four out of one location. Now there are 4 regionals, and less fans going, which has created more attendance issues than they used to have. I can't blame them for wanting to keep teams closer to home, because as much as you or I might enjoy watching WCHA teams come east, primarily inviting a group of western teams out here (or vice versa) simply doesn't bring people into the arena. But it's also not as much fun -- it'd be more exciting if they could find a way of establishing 2 key sites, add an extra day of hockey into the mix, and make it happen that way. Might be more logistically difficult to lock in a site for that many days, but it would solve a lot of the problems involving seeding and would certainly drive up attendance.

The Freds
03-24-2010, 12:08 PM
I've mentioned this before, but I think the NCAA would make the regionals a much more attractive event by combining them into 2 East and West "Super" Regionals. For me, traveling a fair distance just for 3 games at the ticket prices involved when my team isn't there -- and when some years I'm going to the Frozen Four a couple of weeks later -- isn't worth it. In fact I stopped going to the regionals when they changed the format to 4 venues.

As an event, it was a lot more appealing when they had 2 sites, and you were seeing half of the field advancing to the Frozen Four out of one location. Now there are 4 regionals, and less fans going, which has created more attendance issues than they used to have. I can't blame them for wanting to keep teams closer to home, because as much as you or I might enjoy watching WCHA teams come east, primarily inviting a group of western teams out here (or vice versa) simply doesn't bring people into the arena. But it's also not as much fun -- it'd be more exciting if they could find a way of establishing 2 key sites, add an extra day of hockey into the mix, and make it happen that way. Might be more logistically difficult to lock in a site for that many days, but it would solve a lot of the problems involving seeding and would certainly drive up attendance.

I agree with you here. Of course, I suppose that is being negative. ;) I'll be in Albany anyway so I won't have to make a special trip.

HockeyMan2000
03-25-2010, 01:14 AM
I agree with you here. Of course, I suppose that is being negative. ;) I'll be in Albany anyway so I won't have to make a special trip.

Of course!! :) Enjoy it -- great memories (and some fantastic games) in Albany over the years.

satyking
03-25-2010, 09:49 AM
What has to happen to get PC91 back on the board

Netman
03-25-2010, 09:57 AM
Still says, Banned. I fear that is longer than suspension. :( :mad:

satyking
03-25-2010, 03:52 PM
Well I just sent a message to try and get that lifted

Jon
03-25-2010, 03:58 PM
We should have a rally and a march on USCHO. Wherever that would be.

Sportsmaniac
03-25-2010, 08:46 PM
I know this isn't breaking news to you Providence fans but I did a story (http://mainehockeyjournal.com/2010/03/25/hart-will-play-for-providence-in-2010-11/) on Kevin Hart who's committed to Providence next year...He's a very nice kid and very excited ti join a young and hungry club.

PcFriars13
03-25-2010, 09:55 PM
and he was derek army's best friend in high school...slightly weird.

BU2K
03-25-2010, 10:59 PM
Of course!! :) Enjoy it -- great memories (and some fantastic games) in Albany over the years.

Nope. No good memories of games in Albany. 1998, 2000 & 2001 in particular. :mad:

Which makes me think this year: UHN :eek:

HIre Pooley!!! :D

theprofromdover
03-26-2010, 08:26 AM
What has to happen to get PC91 back on the board

I believe he's suspended until the 27th.

The Freds
03-27-2010, 11:34 AM
Welcome Back PC91! It's Tournament Time!

HockeyMan2000
03-27-2010, 11:37 AM
Welcome Back PC91! It's Tournament Time!

Where is he?!?! Is he here!?!?!? I sound like Linus waiting for the Great Pumpkin to arrive! :D

BUObserver
03-27-2010, 11:57 AM
91 91 91 91 91 91 91

The Freds
03-27-2010, 12:11 PM
Where is he?!?! Is he here!?!?!?

Just you wait now. :)

Maybe PCO will come by too instead of that BU imposter. ;)

satyking
03-27-2010, 01:46 PM
91 where are you

PC91
03-27-2010, 05:48 PM
Back just in time for TOURNAMENT MODE!!!

I'd like to wish you all warm and wonderful wishes for a Happy Tournament Season!!!!

I'd also like to bid PCF13 an albeit delayed welcome. Welcome aboard. :)
I've been reading your posts and want you to know that I love your enthusiasm for our beloved hockey program.
It's nice to have another fan, especially in PC's case where there are so few left. I guess just one win and three ties (with four goals total in those 3 tied games) since mid January will do that to a team. ;)

Where would they be without Beaudry, huh??? :eek:

Anyway, it's nice to be back. Hope you are all enjoying T-Mode!!! :cool: