NCAA Quarterfinal: Bowdoin @ Oswego Saturday 3/13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA Quarterfinal: Bowdoin @ Oswego Saturday 3/13

Surprised this thread hasn't been started yet but anyways...

Two nice articles in the local rag up in Oswego leading up to Saturday's game.

Here is one on senior captain defenseman Tyler Lyon:

http://www.palltimes.com/articles/20...0760968633.txt

and a preview for the game:

http://www.palltimes.com/articles/20...2216676259.txt
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Re: NCAA Quarterfinal: Bowdoin @ Oswego Saturday 3/13

Might be because not many "forumers" are making the game, or just that there's a serious deficiency of Bowdoin followers on uscho and Laker fans...well, we don't know a ton about them because our guys rarely ever play the Polar Bears .

Did learn from the article that Oswego has yet to bet Bowdoin in 3 matches , however, the upcoming match-up at the CC is a new destination for these two teams to square off ... all bets in trends are off.
    "To all those graduating with a heart that will forever beat for hockey at a certain place on Lake Ontario...
    this is for you."
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Screw rebuilding - we RELOAD here!

Comment

definitely not a whole lot of bowdoin fans on uscho from what i can tell... i grew up in brunswick playing at dayton arena and as such am a fan, but i tend to follow the DI game more than anything else, and as such don't post too often... my in-laws have a place in fair haven, and if it were not for the water being turned off for the winter, i'd have mede the trip up... the game would have made for a perfect excuse to swing into Garafalo's

Comment

About time someone started a thread for this game.

Just to let you know - the Oswego Alumni Association sent out a note to saying that WTOP will be webcasting the game. Can someone from WTOP confirm this? Here's the text of the email:

Watch the SUNYAC champion Oswego State Lakers take on Bowdoin in the NCAA men’s ice hockey tournament quarterfinals Saturday online or on local television.

With last week’s 6-3 win over rival SUNY Plattsburgh for the SUNYAC championship, the No. 2 nationally ranked Lakers (25-2) advance to the NCAA Division III tournament and a shot at their first Frozen Four appearance since the 2007 national championship season. Bowdoin (19-6-1) is currently ranked No. 6 in the country.

WTOP coverage of Saturday’s game in Oswego at 7 p.m. will be webcast and also available on channel 96 locally.

You can also listen to the radio broadcast provided by WNYO (88.9 FM) or view live stats online.

Tickets are still available for the game and may be purchased by calling the Campus Center Box Office at 315-312-3073 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Ticket prices are $8 for adults and $3 for SUNY Oswego students with college ID.

A special thanks to all who voted for Neil Musselwhite a few weeks ago. The senior forward will take part in the NCAA Division I Frozen Four Skills Challenge April 9 in Detroit.

Gear up for game day! SUNYAC championship gear is available online.

Good luck to Neil and go Lakers!
        MJBeckman
        Oswego '93
        Great Lakers Hockey - WNYO, WTOP, Oswegonian
        1991-1993
        2007 D-III NATIONAL CHAMPS!!!!

Comment

Hockey Night in Oswego on WTOP is a go.....

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
          Oswego's webcast is produced by WTOP, the student run, student funded television station on campus. With spring break starting tomorrow (Friday), the staff was polled to determine which talent and crew positions could be covered. The show this week will be scaled back - fewer cameras and shorter pre/post game show - compared to the SUNYAC Championship that was seen on the web and across central New York on Time Warner Cable last week.

Hockey Night in Oswego, less filling, but still tastes great!
          Last edited by LakerEagleLover; 03-12-2010, 01:47 PM.
          LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
            Hockey Night in Oswego on WTOP is a go.....
            Fantastic news - LEL! I will be watching.
            MJBeckman
            Oswego '93
            Great Lakers Hockey - WNYO, WTOP, Oswegonian
            1991-1993
            2007 D-III NATIONAL CHAMPS!!!!

Comment

Bragging rights are on the line for me. My men's league goalie (here in Kansas) is a Bowdoin alum and former Hobey Baker candidate in the late 70's.
              93GreatLaker

2012-13 LPS Losers Bracket Champion
              2011-12 LPS Losers Bracket Champion
              2010-11 LPS Losers Bracket Champion
              2008-09 DIII College Hockey Pool Champion
              2008-09 SUNYAC Pick-em Champion

Comment

Originally posted by 93GreatLaker View Post
                Bragging rights are on the line for me. My men's league goalie (here in Kansas) is a Bowdoin alum and former Hobey Baker candidate in the late 70's.
                bill provencher?

Comment

Originally posted by 93GreatLaker View Post
                  They skate in Kansas? thought they just played Basketball and some times Football

Proud Grandpa of Haley,Adam & Luke
                  A Retired shop teacher and proud of it (35 years )

OSWEGO STATE Almost class of 1973

OSWEGO STATE LAKERS 2007 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
                  Oswego, from the Indian Oshwakee, "the flowing out of the waters."
                  Arizona State Class of 1974
                  ASU THE ACHA D1 2014 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
                  Arizona based on the Pima Indian word arizonac, meaning "little spring place."

Comment

Originally posted by mjbeckman View Post
                    Fantastic news - LEL! I will be watching.
                    I've heard it being described as a "bare bones" broadcast MJB. It might only be 1 camera instead of the traditional 4 (or even 9 they had for the SUNYAC Championship)
                    Oswego State Great Lakers: 2007 National Champions
                    08-09 WTOP 10 Sports Director
                    2/20/2009: First Ever Laker Hockey Webcast

Comment

Originally posted by gscott13 View Post
                      bill provencher?
                      Good call. Its funny watching him play. He is as classic a stand-up goaltender as you can have. He will come out 30 feet to cut down an angle and God forbid you don't cover the back door. He is as intense as they get. He's about 50 now, but you can still see glimpses of how good he used to be.
                      93GreatLaker

Comment

Originally posted by Irishdave View Post
                        They skate in Kansas? thought they just played Basketball and some times Football
                        Ha ha. Yes believe it or not there actually is hockey in Kansas. You have to look hard to find it, but its here. They do have one of the best U-18 Midget programs in the country in the Russell Stover AAA team. With that said, basketball is king! Headed to the Sprint Center tonight to watch the Jayhawks take on A&M.
                        93GreatLaker

Comment

Here's a link to two USCHO articles describing both Oswego and Bowdoin. As a Bowdoin fan, I would say that Tim Costello's article does a good job of describing Bowdoin's style of play . .

Comment

Originally posted by nysportsfan29 View Post
                            I've heard it being described as a "bare bones" broadcast MJB. It might only be 1 camera instead of the traditional 4 (or even 9 they had for the SUNYAC Championship)
                            They had nine cameras?!

Goodnesss gracious what is there to cover with nine cameras? lol

Comment

Originally posted by Derek Dunning View Post
                              They had nine cameras?!

Goodnesss gracious what is there to cover with nine cameras? lol
                              Well you need two for Eric Selleck's gloves, so only 7 left.

Comment

Working...
                              X