NCAA Quarterfinal: Elmira @ Norwich Saturday 3/13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NCAA Quarterfinal: Elmira @ Norwich Saturday 3/13

One of the reasons we are having good tech success is that we have a direct internet cable, if the team we are playing at has cable access in their rink that could become a possibility. We will be looking for sponsors next year to help defray the cost.

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
    Any chance of selected road games?
    Cadet Crosby '63

Comment

I started a new thread on the topic of online video...... seems to be a topic of interest deserving its own forum.
      LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Will be there for the game SAT any suggestions for a good clean hotel /motel reasonable .to stay over SAT AFTER THE GAME .. also RESTURANTS for before the game ..thanks

Comment

Originally posted by hockeylongtimer View Post
          Will be there for the game SAT any suggestions for a good clean hotel /motel reasonable .to stay over SAT AFTER THE GAME .. also RESTURANTS for before the game ..thanks
          Stay in Montpelier, it's about 10 miles from Northfield. It doesn't have much to do, but it has *some* things to do at least.

I stayed at the econo lodge near northfield and did not have a good stay (they could have at least ran the water in the room before we checked in, since it hadn't been used in weeks/months).

The second time, I stayed at the comfort inn in montpelier, and even though the drive was longer, it was worth it.

Comment

Here is a few to pick from:

1. Hilltop Inn, Montpelier, VT (Berlin) $61. a night

2. Comfort Inn & Suites of Maplewood, Montpelier, VT (Berlin) 114. a night

3. Capital Plaza, Montpelier

4. Hollow Inn & Motel, Barre, VT $95. a night

Barre might have a few motels that cost less then the ones above.
            2009-2010 Last Person Standing winner
            2009-2010 Interlock LPS winner

Comment

Sarducci's in Montpelier is a sure bet if you like italian. There are several other choices in the downtown area as well. Julio's on State St is reasonable mexican. J. Morgan's Steakhouse in the lobby of the Capital Plaza hotel (also State St), has provided some great meals at slightly higher prices that the other 2.
              Last edited by peddler; 03-11-2010, 08:45 PM.
              The "Miracle" was winning the Gold Medal Game against the Finns. I'm biased, I was there.

Comment

We stayed at the Capital Plaza, great rooms and really good restaurant.
                LETS GO BEARS!

"Never play flag football in the nude"-Bob Kevoian

"Don't let anyone tell you what we do builds character, it only reveals it." J.Marsh

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Mike St. Louis is not a BUM!

Comment

thanks for all the suggestions ..hope we have a great game ..and the EAGLES "Fly..appreciate it the help

Comment

Is Elmira College having a bus to take fans up to the game? What are the "Boosters" doing?

Comment

Originally posted by EaglesNest View Post
                      Is Elmira College having a bus to take fans up to the game? What are the "Boosters" doing?
                      I haven't heard anything of the sorts so far..

Comment

Times Argus article on the Norwich/Elmira game Saturday with a great picture of Steven Schroeder.

http://www.timesargus.com/article/20...25/1004/SPORTS
                        2009-2010 Last Person Standing winner
                        2009-2010 Interlock LPS winner

Comment

Originally posted by peddler View Post
                          Sarducci's in Montpelier is a sure bet if you like italian. There are several other choices in the downtown area as well. Julio's on State St is reasonable mexican. J. Morgan's Steakhouse in the lobby of the Capital Plaza hotel (also State St), has provided some great meals at slightly higher prices that the other 2.
                          J. Morgan's is superb. Have been going to the Capital Plaza since 1962--now owned and run by a Norwich Alum. Last time we were there (a month ago for the Skidmore game) you needed a reservations for the steak house or you were out of luck. Same thing for Sunday brunch. Recommend you call now. Good luck.
                          Old Rook NU'66--Roll On Cadets
                          Organized crime in America takes in over forty billion dollars a year and spends very little on office supplies.

Comment

History means nothing. It’s the present day players, coaching, momentum that counts. I think Elmira could be a big spoiler in this one. Elmira is capable of beating any team in the tourney. I did live in Vermont for 6 years and attended many Norwich and Middleberry games and experienced the fact that it is a hard place for outside teams to come in and win games. I will still go for Norwich 6-4 with the reservation that this could be an upset in the making.
                            O Ya Lakers Take it all!

MY Wife is a Soaring Eagle!
                            Last edited by laker30; 03-12-2010, 09:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by laker30 View Post
                              History means nothing. It’s the present day players, coaching, momentum that counts. I think Elmira could be a big spoiler in this one. Elmira is capable of beating any team in the tourney. I did live in Vermont for 6 years and attended many Norwich and Middleburry games and experienced the fact that it is a hard place for outside teams to come in and win games. I will still go for Norwich 6-4 with the reservation that this could be an upset in the making.
                              O Ya Lakers Take it all!

MY Wife is a Soaring Eagle!
                              Tuttle is capable of beating any team in the tourny...
                              Oswego'08, '10

From the shores of Lake Ontario to the island of Hilton Head...

2011-2012 SUNYAC Pick 'Em Champion!
                              2011-2012 D3FHL Overall Points Champs!

Comment

Originally posted by Ozz View Post
                                Tuttle is capable of beating any team in the tourny...
                                That is a FACT!
                                LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Working...
                                X