X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: "The Lake Show" - LSSU Laker Hockey

Originally posted by michiganmidge View Post
    I realize that now. Could have sworn I saw him Friday tho. Oh well. I still think K2 is da man, and I hope he gets the start at Michigan this Friday! GO LAKERS!!
    I am sure he gets the start at MI Friday and Saturday if he plays well . What is the story on Ravn ? Do they think he is not ready to play yet ?

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
      I am sure he gets the start at MI Friday and Saturday if he plays well . What is the story on Ravn ? Do they think he is not ready to play yet ?
      That is a big puzzle. Ravn had very good stats in Juniors, pretty much on par with Kapalka. I'm surprised Ravn hasn't seen a start yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
        That is a big puzzle. Ravn had very good stats in Juniors, pretty much on par with Kapalka. I'm surprised Ravn hasn't seen a start yet.
        I checked Ravns junior numbers and I agree, he seems on par to KK .

Comment

KK is the real deal. Hope he can keep playing at this level. The team really seems to feed off his play. Was curious if anyone noticed that the back-to-back shutout was the first since March of 1994 when the Lakers had 5 in a row? Does anyone know of one since? Well done Lakers...

Comment

No streaming of the radio show tonight ?
            BLEED BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by PerkyforPrez View Post
              No streaming of the radio show tonight ?
              I can't get it to work either.

Comment

Something "broke" since last week. Maybe someone up in the Soo will pass along any highlights from the show.

Comment

Yeah, hopefully Ravn gets a a couple starts to give him experience. BMW is gone after this year and there's always that chance that K2 might go down with an injury for an extended period of time next year.
                  LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                    Yeah, hopefully Ravn gets a a couple starts to give him experience. BMW is gone after this year and there's always that chance that K2 might go down with an injury for an extended period of time next year.
                    Unless both goalies (BMW & KK) really struggle or get injured, I don't see how a 3rd string goalie could get any action this season when every point is meaningful. The only non-conference games left are coming up in Denver and that is probably a BMW/KK split weekend if I were to take a guess.

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                      I expect Ravn will get at least one start on the exhibition swing through Ontario over the Christmas holiday break, but prefer to see him also get at least a couple of starts in games that count.

Comment

Originally posted by DopeyBaker View Post
                        Unless both goalies (BMW & KK) really struggle or get injured, I don't see how a 3rd string goalie could get any action this season when every point is meaningful. The only non-conference games left are coming up in Denver and that is probably a BMW/KK split weekend if I were to take a guess.
                        Ravn isn't a typical 3rd string goalie. That's why it's a bit of a puzzle why he hasn't got any starts. He had very good credentials coming out of Juniors. I know that 3rd string goalies normally don't see much action, but in this case I'm surprised he hasn't gotten a start.
                        Last edited by Bill; 11-15-2010, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
                          What is the story on Ravn ?
                          That is a mystery. We already speculated about that last year and now he is here and he doesn't play.
                          On figures at least, he is on par with K2, and maybe better because I remember having read he carried a weak junior team to second playoff round 2 years in a row (Greenham from Alaska was there the years before and didn't do it). I think he made the allstar team those two years as well. I don't expect him to come in and have 2 shutouts, but K2 and bmw didn't look good on their first game in the season and several of you were concerned.
                          Last time Roque was asked at the radio show he said Ravn is not a typical 3rd goalie and he would play soon.
                          That was about a month ago, so if he wanted to make him play it would have happened already.
                          Last edited by soofan; 11-15-2010, 06:00 PM.

Comment

he deserves the start

Comment

Originally posted by soofan View Post
                              That is a mystery. We already speculated about that last year and now he is here and he doesn't play.
                              On figures at least, he is on par with K2, and maybe better because I remember having read he carried a weak junior team to second playoff round 2 years in a row (Greenham from Alaska was there the years before and didn't do it). I think he made the allstar team those two years as well. I don't expect him to come in and have 2 shutouts, but K2 and bmw didn't look good on their first game in the season and several of you were concerned.
                              Last time Roque was asked at the radio show he said Ravn is not a typical 3rd goalie and he would play soon.
                              That was about a month ago, so if he wanted to make him play it would have happened already.
                              I don't know what Roque's reasons are for not playing Ravn, but I think the whole situation is really strange. Before the season started I indicated that I hoped both Kapalka and Ravn would push BMW, but only Kapalka has been given that chance thus far. I think Ravn has gotten the short end of the stick.

Comment

Originally posted by uppuckhead View Post
                                he deserves the start
                                You seem to be pretty sure about that
                                Last edited by backbencher; 11-15-2010, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X