X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: "The Lake Show" - LSSU Laker Hockey

Originally posted by Bill View Post
    A good win for the Lakers, but they need another one tonight. Splits at home won't help them very much if they hope to move up in the standings. They will need to get some sweeps also. I wasn't able to catch much of the broadcast last night. Is BMW out because of injury or illness?
    Illness. He has the flu, but they are hoping it's not much more, as his roomate on the road is Acton.

Comment

Originally posted by SkimeySalamander View Post
      Keep in mind, Ferris State's leading goal scorer Nate Hennig and Ferris States leading Defensemen Zach Redmond did not make the trip this weekend due to injuries.

http://www.uscho.com/stats/team/ferr...key/2010-2011/

I bet that has a lot to do with it....
      That's a pretty lame excuse. Perhaps tonight will be different, but last night, Ferris got beat, plain and simple.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Diamond View Post
        Will Acton was out for the Lakers. He was their leading scorer in CCHA action before he went down.

Such is hockey.
        Nehring as well Nehring as well.

Nice win for the Lakers last night, Good job guy's
        BLEED BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by PerkyforPrez View Post
          Nehring as well Nehring as well.

Nice win for the Lakers last night, Good job guy's
          Nehring has a concussion. Acton has mono. Beamer was dressed last night ... so is he really sick, or did he just not get the start?
          http://livingwithinsects.files.wordp.../midge-001.png

Comment

Originally posted by michiganmidge View Post
            Nehring has a concussion. Acton has mono. Beamer was dressed last night ... so is he really sick, or did he just not get the start?
            Midge,

BMW has the flu. In what little of the broadcast I did catch last night, Bill C said Ravn was Kapalka's back up, so I think that is confirmation that BMW was indeed sick. Welcome back. You haven't been posting for quite a while.
            Last edited by Bill; 11-13-2010, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by michiganmidge View Post
              Beamer wasn't even at the rink.

Comment

A team again and A+ goalie

Comment

Anyone not think KK is not the Real Deal?

Comment

Kapalka certainly deserves the start next Friday at Michigan which will be a much bigger test for him. He played very well this weekend against Ferris, but the Bulldogs aren't exactly an offensive dynamo.

Comment

Kapalka looked a little shaky in the first period, but his confidence grow as the game went on. He made a couple of spectacular saves later in the game. Give the Laker defense credit, too. You can't play over 147 consecutive minutes of shutout hockey without some excellent D.

Comment

Congrats to Roque for passing Borek on the Lakers coaching wins list. And way to go K2! First Laker goalie to post back to back shutouts (only 4th time in school history) since Lacher in 93-94 and he was one of the all time great Laker goalies. What a feat for him this early in his career. Next Friday will be a huge test for him, but he played outstanding at Miami which is a very hostile place as well. Great to see Acton back, any word when Nehring will be back?
                        LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Chad is now headache free but i am not sure when he will be expected back. Beemer was not at the rink for precautionary reasons.

But how about the Lakers they played well in their own end and helped K2 a great deal. It was a great weekend at the old Taffy
                          BLEED BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                            Kapalka certainly deserves the start next Friday at Michigan which will be a much bigger test for him. He played very well this weekend against Ferris, but the Bulldogs aren't exactly an offensive dynamo.
                            Kapalka looked good against Miami and they have fire power to throw at you. MI series will depend on the A team or the B team showing up .

Comment

Congratulations on a great game last night guys and great goal tending! With K2 playing Friday and Saturday nights I may have to go both nights. If the A team continues to show up to play it will be a fun season. GO BLUE!
                              Go Lakers!

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Diamond View Post
                                Beamer wasn't even at the rink.
                                I realize that now. Could have sworn I saw him Friday tho. Oh well. I still think K2 is da man, and I hope he gets the start at Michigan this Friday! GO LAKERS!!
                                http://livingwithinsects.files.wordp.../midge-001.png

Comment

Working...
                                X