This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: "The Lake Show" - LSSU Laker Hockey

I would rather have quickness and speed over size. You can't hit what you can't catch.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Diamond View Post
      Roque has a better winning percentage in four years here than Frank had.

What say you, Squad?
      Frank Anzalone built the program, put your little town and college on the map, coached one national championship team, largely responsible for the other 2 championships and was building the program again before the coup ushered out of town. The team getting to the CCHA Championships two years later are a tribute to the legacy of Frank Anzalone.

The Truth Is Out There....
      TBA

Comment

Originally posted by AnchorsAway View Post
        Just added the 3 stooges to my ignore list so i look forward to not looking at their pointless B.S. for the rest of the season.
        Since when did Roque, Christian and Metro start posting on here?

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Squad View Post
          Frank Anzalone built the program, put your little town and college on the map, coached one national championship team, largely responsible for the other 2 championships and was building the program again before the coup ushered out of town. The team getting to the CCHA Championships two years later are a tribute to the legacy of Frank Anzalone.

TBA
          And he did that in the late 80s/early 90s. Now its over a decade later. He came back, tried to use the same style hockey. It didnt work. He couldnt win games. He got booted. Roque took over. Won some games and took the team to the Joe. Has he been great? No. Has he done better in his tenure than Frank did in his 2nd? Yes. I dont disagree that Roque should probably be on the hot seat. But if you and the others are going to suggest that Roque get fired...then contribute to the debate and come up with some thoughts on who best to replace him, besides Frank. And dont come back with the Joe Shawhan stuff either. We all know things didnt go well for him at Lake State and its unlikey he will come back without major changes in the athletic department as a whole. When the Lakers lose and play poorly, all us fans suffer. But the difference is the rest of us try to look on the bright side and try to have civil conversation and debate about changes that need to occur. The rest of you (the truth twins and Boot_Jim_Roque) just come on here and troll. I dont disagree that you are free to do so. Just dont be surprised when people put you on ignore or throw the insults right back at you.

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
            I would rather have quickness and speed over size. You can't hit what you can't catch.
            I agree for the most part. Size does come in handy when you need that guy who can screen in front of the net on the powerplay and what not.

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Squad View Post

TBA
              The Soo is one of the oldest communites in North America. It doesn't need to rely on an egomaniac coach to "put it on the map".

Comment

Originally posted by Proud2baLaker View Post
                And he did that in the late 80s/early 90s. Now its over a decade later. He came back, tried to use the same style hockey. It didnt work. He couldnt win games. He got booted. Roque took over. Won some games and took the team to the Joe. Has he been great? No. Has he done better in his tenure than Frank did in his 2nd? Yes. I dont disagree that Roque should probably be on the hot seat. But if you and the others are going to suggest that Roque get fired...then contribute to the debate and come up with some thoughts on who best to replace him, besides Frank. And dont come back with the Joe Shawhan stuff either. We all know things didnt go well for him at Lake State and its unlikey he will come back without major changes in the athletic department as a whole. When the Lakers lose and play poorly, all us fans suffer. But the difference is the rest of us try to look on the bright side and try to have civil conversation and debate about changes that need to occur. The rest of you (the truth twins and Boot_Jim_Roque) just come on here and troll. I dont disagree that you are free to do so. Just dont be surprised when people put you on ignore or throw the insults right back at you.
                Well said, although I don't know enough about the Joe Shawhan situation to know whether he'd consider coming back without major changes.
                Last edited by Bill; 11-09-2010, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Diamond View Post
                  The Soo is one of the oldest communites in North America. It doesn't need to rely on an egomaniac coach to "put it on the map".
                  How about an egomaniac announcer to help put the Soo on the map. Wait, we already have one of those, sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                    Well said, although I don't know enough about the Joe Shawhan situation to know whether he'd consider coming back without major changes.
                    I only say that based on what I have heard from people in general. I dont know the whole situation either. I just got the general feeling that it didnt end on good terms

Comment

Originally posted by Boot_Jim_Roque View Post
                      How about an egomaniac announcer to help put the Soo on the map. Wait, we already have one of those, sorry.
                      But that makes no sense.

Why would anyone listen to Laker hockey, seeing it is suppsoeldy such a poor product?

You're a walking contradiction, B.J.

Comment

I just got the general feeling that it didnt end on good terms
                        It didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                          Ferris will be a tough series next weekend. They are a really good defensive team from what I hear. So the Lakers will have to get some prety solid goaltending and good special teams. If not, then we will get swept for sure. We need a split at the very least especially with the Lakers playing Michigan at Yost the weekend after.
                          The last couple of series, the Lakers have struggled on Friday nights. That needs to change to have any kind of success in moving up in the standings. It's tough enough to win on the road. Just getting splits at home doesn't help a whole lot unless you can also get splits on the road. The Lakers are going to need to sweep some teams at home just to move up to the middle of the pack in the CCHA by the end of the season. Lets hope they can start this weekend, but yes they have to play better to have any chance at that.

On another note, I believe the Fall signing period opens up tomorrow.

Comment

I only say that based on what I have heard from people in general. I dont know the whole situation either. I just got the general feeling that it didnt end on good terms
                            I think Shawhan would take a head coaching job at Lake State if it were offered. Head coaching jobs are tough to come by and to let one pass that could be putting yourself into a situation where you may never get the chance at another one , Shawhan would not let that chance go by. Business is business and it is amazing how fast people come to terms with that fact when it benefits them for a job.

Comment

I was told that after home games Crawford is available for autographs up by the press box. I'm gonna get me one of those as they could be worth a fortune one day.

Comment

The Lakers should come out flying this weekend considering Ferris gave Miami such a hard time last weekend. From what I have heard they are strong on defence and in goal. Lake State will have to crash the net hard and cover close in their own end to have a chance to win this weekend. Outside shot shots will be covered well by their defence men.

As far as the autographs go, I think thats nice of Bill to do that.
                                BLEED BLUE

Comment

Working...
                                X