This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: "The Lake Show" - LSSU Laker Hockey

Seems the A team showed up tonight with the possible A goalie. Now we have to wait a week to see if the A team or B team shows up next game. Good win and we may be seeing a new goalie taking over.

Comment

Ha ha BJ Lakers win tonight and defintely outplayed NMU. Definitely played with more fire and had more Grade A chances instead of just firing the puck at the goalie. Kapalka played great again, undefeated in his last three. Hopefully he starts Friday, he's definitely outplayed Mahoney-Wilson. Hope Neiring is alright, he had to be helped off the ice.
      LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Nice win for the Lakers tonight. They took the body and played real well in the defencive end for the most part. The line that Pobur was on really out hustled the Cats early on in the first period. K2 looked real solid again sm2pk may be on to something.

FSU will be coming into town next week with lots of momentum, Lake State will need to be on their A game right from the get go.
        BLEED BLUE

Comment

Did we see the same game ? Is goaltending such a worry that a SV% above 0.900 makes you dump the senior ?
          K2 was okay, but nothing to write home about. He wasn't really challenged, was lucky several times and had great support from the defense.
          A good game but keep cool.

Comment

SOOFAN,iT IS ABOUT WHO IS PLAYING A BETTER GAME AND RIGHT NOW THAT DOESN'T SEEM TO BE WLSON. It is the team that is important .

Comment

The Lakers needed to play better 20-feet in front of their own net and 20-feet in front of the Wildcats net, and they did that.

I talked to some key NMU people tonight, and I can tell you the Wildcats are VERY happy with a split. The consensus of their coaching staff is that this is a Laker team that has the potential of doing some damage to the CCHA.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                As far as the coaching situation goes, we�re only nine games into the season so there isn�t much point of spending a lot of time bellyaching about Jim Roque�s performance as head coach. Barring some kind of indiscretion on the part of Jim Roque of a personal or rules nature, there is no way he�s going to get fired before the end the season. LSSU doesn�t have the money to be firing and hiring a coach mid-season just on a performance basis. Toward the end of the season is a more logical time to start speculating about the coaching situation for anyone so inclined to do so.

BJR, TS and TS, if all you want to do is complain about Jim Roque and the other coaches, why don�t you show some initiative and start a separate Fire Jim Roque thread where you can talk about him to your heart�s content. To repeatedly call all the other Laker fans on here an apologist or defender of Jim Roque is a crock and you know it. If that were true, then you should have no trouble finding all kinds of posts on here indicating how great we all think Jim Roque is doing and how great the Lakers are performing for him, and I�m not talking about a one or a few game stretch. I�m talking about a seasonal basis. So let�s see them. It seems that in your fantasy world, the only purpose of this thread is to have people complain about how bad a job Jim Roque is doing as head coach, and nothing else about the Lakers should be discussed. Grow up, or at least start your own thread where you can live in that world.

I don�t know the current state of Jim Roque�s contract, but I think it might be up at the end of this season. I�m sure Jim is smart enough to know that if the Lakers don�t start showing some relatively significant improvement by the end of this season, his job could be in jeopardy. That�s just the nature of college coaching in any sport. I also don�t know Jim�s relationship with the AD, the president, or the head of the Foundation, and all those relationships impact his job security.
                The living legend of the Laker thread has spoken, ha ha. In this egomaniacs mind if you don't agree with him then you go start your own thread. I see how you and Crawford are such good friends. Anyhow, like I told y'all before, this is an open site. The so called "regulars" do not hold any rights over this thread. In my opinion, it is you "Bill" that needs to go start their own thread. You could call it; The Smug, Condescending, Know-It-All, Pompous Laker 2010/11 Thread.

Comment

SM2PK, YOU DON'T IMPROVE A TEAM WITH EMOTIONAL AND SHORT SIGHTED STATEMENTS.
                  Nobody forbids you to use your brain, it is not only about figures.
                  Friday was a tough nigh for any goalie, Saturday was much easier so comparing on only two games is a nonsense.
                  That's all I am saying.

Comment

BILL your position is getting embarrassing. I always read your post with a lot of interest and mostly agree with you but I strongly disagree with censorship and using tricks to hide opposing points of view.
                    I found the discussion about Jim Roque to be completely unproductive. I agree BJR has a terrible way of expressing his anger, nothing meaningful has been said on the other side. That's why I asked some questions.
                    I thought you would be the first to help a rational analysis, but you chose to close the subject.
                    May be a charter should be written with a list of approved posts like "Today was the B team, let's hope we have the B next time" not pushing it to far.

If a goalie can be established saviour after a game or two, why can't the coach be questionned after several years ? and why isn't it possible to know why his fans are fans ? ... just for the sake of the discussion.

The answer is probably is your post.

Comment

Well said backbencher and boot I couldn't agree more.

This is a forum with opinions for those that have an interest in Laker hockey. I guess Bill is the "den mother" and is one to deem what should and shouldn't be discussed. He wants to lump everyone into a category if they dare speak up against 6 years of more of the same results and the way this coach handles his players on and off the ice.

Bill seems to speak for everyone on here with his expert analysis and blind devotion to Jim Roque, very similar to another Bill that we hear every game and the "puck luck" that the Lakers and only the Lakers don't seem to have. Many fans just expect a little bit more out of Laker hockey and want to see it succeed and be competitive. How many years will it take? Look at Western Michigan and what they are doing with a new coach and a new direction. Can't that issue even be discussed or relevant?

I am probably going to be "muted" by the den mother on here and put in the penalty box but that is ok. Your act is getting a bit old Bill and maybe you should listen to opposing points of view before you mandate what should and shouldn't be discussed on this forum. Once I get my webelos scout badge maybe I will be permitted by the den mother to discuss whatever I like on an internet chat board.
                      Last edited by Truth Serum; 11-07-2010, 09:21 AM.

Comment

This one is for all those little guys who’ve been turned away in hockey — or any sport for that matter — based on physical stature.
                        Newmarket Hurricanes defenceman Kevin Czuczman fits the bill.
                        Next week, when the NCAA’s fall signing window opens, the defenceman is poised to ink a scholarship package with Lake Superior State University where he will begin classes next year. But for Czuczman (pronounced Church-man), it was no forgone conclusion a hockey career was in the cards.
                        In fact, he seriously considered giving up chasing any kind of hockey career after last season when, as a member of the Junior B Waterloo Siskins, no NCAA attention came his way.
                        “I didn’t talk to any schools last year so I thought it was time I got on with my life. I was down after last season when there was no interest.”
                        Fast forward to a successful tryout with the Newmarket Hurricanes and a steady presence on the team’s blueline. The 19-year-old finally started to generate interest among schools in October and really stepped up his game during the OJHL Governors Showcase.
                        “Everything has happened so quick, ever since the showcase in Aurora,” said Czuczman, a part-time York University student. “To have something like that thrown at you is pretty overwhelming to say the least.”
                        In the end, he chose Newmarket over the Oakville Blades and Kingston Voyageurs as a junior destination based on conversations with other players, including teammate Braeden Rigney, with whom we played minor hockey.
                        “I talked to some guys in the league that I’d played with and it was Newmarket’s track record. It was all Newmarket, Newmarket, Newmarket.”
                        Overlooked in his Ontario Hockey League draft year, Czuczman was discouraged when his minor midget coach moved him to the forward lines.
                        There isn’t much call for a five-foot, five-inch defenceman in junior hockey. It’s a long way from the six-foot-three, 200-pound-frame with which he is now patrolling the Hurricanes’ blue line, tallying one goal and 10 points in 19 games.
                        “My whole life, I played defence,” Czuczman said. “Then, in my draft year, my coach moved me to forward. He thought I was too small to play defence. I want to play pro one day so it’s twice as hard. But it is added motivation.”
                        The scholarship package is significant and a payoff, perhaps, for the way the hockey gods have treated him in recent seasons. He is expected to sign the paperwork Nov. 10.
                        He also had discussions with schools such as Clarkson and Dartmouth.
                        Hurricanes head coach Brian Perrin remembers Czuczman from his days as a member of the Grey-Bruce Highlandes triple-A program.
                        “He was really good, but so small,” Perrin said. “I guess he just shot up and grew into his body.”
                        Now that his future is decided, he vows there will be no letup in his game as he tries to help the Hurricanes match last season’s run to the OHA final.
                        “I want the whole team to get scholarships or move on to the next level,” he said.

Found this article on yorkregion.com/sports

Comment

Good article and let us hope a good player

Comment

Originally posted by backbencher View Post
                            BILL your position is getting embarrassing. I always read your post with a lot of interest and mostly agree with you but I strongly disagree with censorship and using tricks to hide opposing points of view.
                            I found the discussion about Jim Roque to be completely unproductive. I agree BJR has a terrible way of expressing his anger, nothing meaningful has been said on the other side. That's why I asked some questions.
                            I thought you would be the first to help a rational analysis, but you chose to close the subject.
                            May be a charter should be written with a list of approved posts like "Today was the B team, let's hope we have the B next time" not pushing it to far.

If a goalie can be established saviour after a game or two, why can't the coach be questionned after several years ? and why isn't it possible to know why his fans are fans ? ... just for the sake of the discussion.

The answer is probably is your post.
                            backbencher:

I’m not censoring BJR. He/she continues to be free to express his opinions on the Forum and is evidently doing so. I’m simply choosing to ignore BJR. When BJR first started posting, it appeared to me that it was just another case of an Internet troll, but I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for a while. But BJR’s posts never changed much. They are all about calling Jim Roque (and his staff) names, and that has extended to anyone else on this thread that doesn’t do the same. I haven’t seen anything out of BJR to indicate he/she isn’t just another troll.

I have no problems with anyone choosing to discuss the Lakers coaching, and I have no problems if you or other Laker posters wish to continue to engage BJR in coaching discussions. I simply choose not to do so as long as BJR insists on keeping the current tone of his/her posts. Maybe I’m just getting old, but I don’t have the patience for that anymore. Personally, I think it makes more sense to discuss the subject later in the season, but maybe that's just me.

As I indicated in my previous post, I do think Jim Roque’s job is likely in jeopardy if the Lakers don’t have a good season, especially in the latter part, and justifiably so. But not having seen any evidence of BJR’s willingness to have a rational discussion about the coaching situation, I don’t care to participate in the discussion. I wouldn't even go so far as to say I have an opposing point of view; I just don't think much of the way BJR chooses to express his/her point of view.

Comment

Ferris will be a tough series next weekend. They are a really good defensive team from what I hear. So the Lakers will have to get some prety solid goaltending and good special teams. If not, then we will get swept for sure. We need a split at the very least especially with the Lakers playing Michigan at Yost the weekend after.
                              LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

BILL
                                Thanks your clarification.
                                My intention is certainly NOT to support BJR and his rude tone. I urged him to stop his aggressive attitude, and I don't mind blacklisting him if he doesn't give up on that aspect. However, I believe he has his reasons for being so angry (I would like to know more than a comparison with Anzalone) and I tend to understand it because I know about facts.
                                I don't know about the coach's contract, and I have my own opinion based on what I have heard and seen over the years, but what I would like to see is something to balance with BJR and others' statements about the coach.
                                That's I wrote to speak up, and I am still waiting.

Comment

Working...
                                X