This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: "The Lake Show" - LSSU Laker Hockey

Huge tie last night for the Lakers, the season that Matt Cowie is putting together is something pretty special, I was as skeptical as anyone about him prior to the season but I am happily eating my words now...tieing the number 1 team in their barn 1 day after losing 6-2 shows alot of heart on behalf of the Lakers, who have apparently found themselves in a timeshare for the goaltender position..For those serial optimists like myself out there consider this, the Lakers have now tied the #1 and # 3 teams in the nation (being the only non-win for UMD so far) and although a 2-4-2 record is nothing to be ecstatic over, the Lakers have in fact played one of the nation's toughest schedules thus far, as their opponents have a combined record of 21-6-7....call me crazy but i'm not going to be writing off this season anytime soon

Comment

For those of us who "live and die" for our favorite college hockey team, there comes a time when that is secondary. And that time came to Pioneer fans this weekend.
      GRAND FORKS, N.D. — University of Denver center Jesse Martin sustained three neck fractures in Saturday night's hockey game at North Dakota and was transferred to a Minneapolis hospital this morning where doctors are deciding if emergency surgery is required to relieve swelling of the spinal cord, the player's father said.

Read more: DU's Martin facing emergency surgery for broken neck - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_...#ixzz13z0LjWRS

A new thread has been started
      "Pass on your best wishes to Jesse Martin here"
      GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by backbencher View Post
        Dear Boot_Jim_Roque (and your twins) congratulations for being the attraction of the forum - I hope it helps you feeling better.

Anzalone is gone and will not be back, he definitely crossed the line - sorry to be so blunt but you will feel better once you accept it.

Going on about Jim Roque and his crew doesn't add anything. No need to be brilliant to say that he is not the right man, and once is enough.
        Being rude doesn't help convincing anybody.

You are problably right that Jim Roque is the weak link in the system, but you should do your homework and be efficient; there is a lot to say.
        With your useless statements, you are no better than those you want to boot.

I hope you are happy with the unbelievable point taken against Miami.

But that should not prevent fans and management from thinking ahead ...
        LSSU's problems stem from more than just the coaching. I would say it goes to the administration as well. Enrollment at LSSU has been on a downward trend. If you can't attract the regular run of the mill students to come to a school, with all things being equal, then your coaches have that much harder of a sell to make to kids who are likely to have a few other offers going their way as well.

State Universities of Michigan Enrollment Report.
        bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
          LSSU's problems stem from more than just the coaching. I would say it goes to the administration as well. Enrollment at LSSU has been on a downward trend. If you can't attract the regular run of the mill students to come to a school, with all things being equal, then your coaches have that much harder of a sell to make to kids who are likely to have a few other offers going their way as well.

State Universities of Michigan Enrollment Report.
          Enrollment did go up by 4% this Fall (total headcount), bolstered by a 12.5% increase in the Freshmen class over last year. So that is some good news on the enrollment front

Comment

Congrats to the Lakers on their hard fought tie with the number 1 team in the country, key scratches and all. If K2 outplays Beemer one more weekend then he may have a fulltime job and i honestly did not see this coming this year. I was expecting a solid year from the senior net minder, he may still not be as healthy as he has been reported to be.

I heard Crawford talking on the pregame either friday or saturday and he said the team got two commits that are pretty big players Robinson being 6' 5" is one. The other one should be known some time in the next few days.

I'm really glad to hear the enrollment is up maybe we can win a little more in the next couple of years.
            Last edited by PerkyforPrez; 10-31-2010, 11:54 PM.
            BLEED BLUE

Comment

It looks like they've added a link on the YesFM website to the Laker Hockey Show, so hopefully it will be streamed this evening.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                It looks like they've added a link on the YesFM website to the Laker Hockey Show, so hopefully it will be streamed this evening.

It figures the week i finally give up on checking. Well Bill was it and if it was how did it go ?
                BLEED BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by PerkyforPrez View Post
                  It figures the week i finally give up on checking. Well Bill was it and if it was how did it go ?
                  The show was streamed. Roque was happy with the team's play this past weekend, even on Friday which was a bit surprising, but then I didn't hear much of the game to get an idea of how well or how poorly they were playing. He did talk about recruiting more than usual. The Lakers have three verbal commitments so far for next season: A kid from the SJHL that knows Schwab and Simm. Buddy Robinson who just committed a week ago (Roque didn't/can't mention him by name). And the kid that visited last Tuesday (?), who I think may be a Defenseman. There is also a kid coming in tonight for a visit tomorrow; he's from the USHL. There is another kid coming in for a visit this weekend who several schools are trying to recruit; Roque said he would be a good replacement for Schofield if we can get him, so he must be a forward. He's from Ontario. The early signing period starts in a little over a week, so we should get some additional names shortly.

Heisenberg seems to have a lot of recruiting inside information and contacts, and may have automated searches of the Junior web sites, so I wouldn't be surprised to see the additional names pop up there anytime.
                  Last edited by Bill; 11-01-2010, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Thank you Bill for the info.
                    BLEED BLUE

Comment

The show was streamed. Roque was happy with the team's play this past weekend, even on Friday which was a bit surprising, but then I didn't hear much of the game to get an idea of how well or how poorly they were playing. He did talk about recruiting more than usual. The Lakers have three verbal commitments so far for next season: A kid from the SJHL that knows Schwab and Simm. Buddy Robinson who just committed a week ago (Roque didn't/can't mention him by name). And the kid that visited last Tuesday (?), who I think may be a Defenseman. There is also a kid coming in tonight for a visit tomorrow; he's from the USHL. There is another kid coming in for a visit this weekend who several schools are trying to recruit; Roque said he would be a good replacement for Schofield if we can get him, so he must be a forward. He's from Ontario. The early signing period starts in a little over a week, so we should get some additional names shortly.

Heisenberg seems to have a lot of recruiting inside information and contacts, and may have automated searches of the Junior web sites, so I wouldn't be surprised to see the additional names pop up there anytime.
                      So..... things have obviously picked up lately which is good to see. Robinson is sure a big fella but the Lakers are losing alot of size up front with the senior class. Big weekend with NMU coming to town. Let's hope a big crowd and a couple of wins greet the newest visitors and help with their decision. GO LAKERS!!!

Thanks for the recap of the Hockey Show Bill.

Comment

The show was streamed. Roque was happy with the team's play this past weekend, even on Friday which was a bit surprising, but then I didn't hear much of the game to get an idea of how well or how poorly they were playing.
                        The way Crawford made it sound the Lakers played really well in their 4 goal loss on Friday. They really outplayed Miami in the 3rd period outscoring them 2-1 and a few more bounces and he said a couple more bounces and the Lakers are right in that game. They only lost by a couple goals at Notre Dame and despite losing on Saturday they moved from 11th the 9th place.

You also have to consider the loss of Action in the results. That an the Lakers having a tough schedule with two long road trips. They had to play Thursday night in Notre Dame which is tough on a small school. The game has changed and the Lakers are at such a disadvantage with recruiting and getting the players they once did.

These coaches are doing a fantastic job and these kids are really working hard and there are going to be lots of win. You just wait and see. Go Lakers! Come on you guys!

Comment

Why on Earth is everyone getting so excited about recruits. Are you kidding me! How many times have we seen players tear it up in Juniors then come here and lay an egg. OR come here look really good as a freshman and then by the time there seniors there healthy scratches or non factors. I think talk of recruiting is just a diversionary tactic used by supporters of Roque to keep talk away from how weak the current on ice product is.

Comment

Originally posted by Boot_Jim_Roque View Post
                            Why on Earth is everyone getting so excited about recruits. Are you kidding me! How many times have we seen players tear it up in Juniors then come here and lay an egg. OR come here look really good as a freshman and then by the time there seniors there healthy scratches or non factors. I think talk of recruiting is just a diversionary tactic used by supporters of Roque to keep talk away from how weak the current on ice product is.
                            That has been a problem for sometime. Too may recruits come in who were scoring regularly in the juniors,come in and have decent first years and slowly fade after that.

Comment

WICHITA, KS- Wichita Thunder defenseman Steven Kaunisto has been named the Oakley CHL Player of the Week.

Kaunisto (pronounced kuh-NEESE-toh) scored a goal and assisted on three others in three games last weekend in which the Thunder was 3-0-0. The 24-year old blue liner was also a staggering +10, including a +5 finish on Sunday during the Thunder's 8-0 shutout at Tulsa.

A native of Sault Ste. Marie, MI, Kaunisto has five points in five games this season and currently leads the CHL in plus/minus. Kaunisto played four seasons of college hockey at Lake Superior State University from 2006-2010, scoring 59 points in 154 games. During his sophomore and junior seasons with the Lakers, Kaunisto was a teammate of current Thunder forward Troy Schwab.

The Thunder hosts the Arizona Sundogs on Friday at 7:05 p.m. The first 1,000 fans through the gates receive a free keychain schedule, courtesy of Hajoca. For tickets, call the arena box office at (316) 755-SEAT or visit the Thunder's official website at www.wichitathunder.com

Comment

Originally posted by Boot_Jim_Roque View Post
                                I think you are exactly right and different rules and standards apply to different coaches and administrations. With Frank Anzalone there were improvements being made and he was rebuilding the program, just as he built the program into national greatness, before he was ran out of town thanks to the good old boys up there with you people.

Anzalone installed toughness, had the players in playing shape, they did well in classes and the product was starting to turn around. We saw that a couple years later when they made it to Joe Louis Arena. Those were Frank's players. He only got four years and his players got better and better and respected him. He was also very helpful in the community, a pillar, and with the University relations.

You people always want to take shots at Frank Anzalone and what he and his son Francis did for your school, but you know...

The Truth Is Out There....
                                TBA

Comment

Working...
                                X