This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: "The Lake Show" - LSSU Laker Hockey

Zach Trotman was picked in the 7th round of the NHL Draft by the Boston Bruins.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
      The Lakers are having an alumni game in a couple of weeks (June 25), to kick off the Hall of Fame Weekend.

http://www.lssulakers.com/sports/m-h...owd-weight_hof
      I was able to stop down at the Soo Country Club for a while yesterday. Great turnout and support for the hockey program.

Jim Dowd and Doug Weight were among the notable former players that attended. Doug didn't play golf Saturday morning because of recent shoulder surgery. Jim won the 50/50 draw, and donated it all back to the program.

It was great seeing many former and current players. Everyone seemed to have a very good time. The plan for the new Taffy Abel seems to have energized the program and fans.

Looking forward to October.

Comment

The "Lake Show", more like the "Lame Show"

Good luck in the CCHA basement this upcoming season

Comment

Where in Sault Ste Marie would be a good place to watch the World Cuo Finals ao July 11th. I've never been to this city.

Comment

Take a look at USCHO proposed rules changes, on the main page.

The stupidest I find is the end of icing on the PK!! How the hell are you supposed to get a change, or hold your own against a top PP unit w/o icing?????? (Fling the puck into the stands I guess?)

22 total proposed rules changes! Do these guys get paid on piecework?? Leave the game alone.

Comment

I remember Jim talking on the radio last year about these changes they were going to look into and he was not to happy. It is one of the stupidest things i have ever heard of in sports that i can remember, i see more possible injuries for players being hurt stuck out on the ice fatigued and fans in the seats as well.
              If you bring a little kid to a game and you may want to put a full cage hemet on him or her.

I agree with you 3dog. Leave the game alone!!!
              BLEED BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by Twisted Wrister View Post
                Where in Sault Ste Marie would be a good place to watch the World Cuo Finals ao July 11th. I've never been to this city.
                Don Dee bowling alley or Maloneys
                BLEED BLUE

Comment

http://www.lssulakers.com/sports/m-h...hedule_release

Schedule released and tickets go on sale July 1st.
                  Embrace the hate.

Comment

Originally posted by Twisted Wrister View Post
                    Maloney's Alley on Portage St. is probably your best bet. Closest thing in town to a sports bar.

Comment

Good article on Jim Dowd and Doug Weight induction into the Lakers Hall of Fame:

http://www.sooeveningnews.com/sports...c-Hall-of-Fame

Comment

four months down,three months to go

Comment

Anyone hear what Trotman's plans are for the coming season? My hope is he stays around for a few years.
                          Go Lakers!

Comment

Originally posted by Laker54 View Post
                            Anyone hear what Trotman's plans are for the coming season? My hope is he stays around for a few years.
                            This article from the Lakers website makes it sound like Trotman realizes he still needs to improve his game before he's ready for the big time, and that likely means he will be back with the Lakers this Fall. How he does (and what he's told) at the Bruins development camp this week may influence his decision.

http://www.lssulakers.com/sports/m-h...rotman_drafted

Comment

I think Boston will tell Trotman he needs more work and time and he should be back.

Comment

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=533829

There is an article form NHL.com about Trotman at the Bruins camp.

I'm a bit nervous at the thought of Schoefield going to the Blackhawks camp. The 'Hawks have had a firesale the last week or two and have dumped the salaries of Byfuglien, Ladd, Versteeg, Eager, and Burrish among other forwards. What they need are some young and promising (ie INEXPENSIVE) forwards to take over those positions and fill in down on the farm in Rockford.

Comment

Working...
                                X