Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hockey East: Anyones Tournament

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
    I know you will correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the preseason prediction that UML would finish 2nd???
    What place did UML finish?
    http://hockeyeastonline.com/men/standings.php

Comment

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
      5th. Tied for 3rd, but losing the tiebreakers. So they technically finished in 5th.
      Originally posted by Hokydad
      Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by Chickens@NU View Post

What's wrong with this picture....

Scott Darling, Blaise McDonald, and Jack Parker walk out of a bar....
        That Rawlings tried to stop them, but they got right by him... .wiht 13 seconds left until closing time?

Comment

Originally posted by jjmc85 View Post
          And so does your hockey rink.
          That Rawlings tried to stop them, but they got right by him... .wiht 13 seconds left until closing time?
          Nope. They didn't leave the bar, as evidenced by their BAC.
          Originally posted by Bakunin
          Learning the history and actually suffering through it are very different things. You simply can't appreciate a title as much if you don't suffer through a lot of failure beforehand. To put it another way, if MNS ever gets any, he'll appreciate the experience on a far deeper level than the rest of us did when it was our first time, simply because he's gone far longer and failed far more than we ever did.

Comment

5th. Tied for 3rd, but losing the tiebreakers. So they technically finished in 5th.
            They finished in 3rd place.

They were seeded 5th for the tournament.

they finished one place lower than predicted

Comment

they just as much finished 5th as they did 3rd
              MERRIMACK WARRIORS

Comment

Of course when 4 points separate third place from 9th, who cares?
                The only teams that separated themselves were UNH/BC and of course Providence.

Comment

Tiebreakers are used to determine tournament seeding only. UML finished tied for 3rd. If two teams finished tied for 1st, Hockey East considers them RS co-champions.

Of course the point remains that this was a disappointing season compared to all we heard before the season started.

Comment

Of course when 4 points separate third place from 9th, who cares?
                    The only teams that separated themselves were UNH/BC and of course Providence.
                    I could be wrong, but I don't think there has been a season in HEA that only 11 points separates 1st from 8th.

In fact, would anyone be totally shocked if UVM wins the tournament. We talk about parity in the past, but we really have it this year.
                    Last edited by Tater; 03-11-2010, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
                      I could be wrong, but I don't think there has been a season in HEA that only 11 points separates 1st from 8th.

In fact, would anyone be totally shocked if UVM wins the tournament. We talk about parity in the past, but we really have it this year.
                      Considering they'd have to Elephant Walk their way out of the Whitt with 2 victories-- I don't think they have 2 victories there in history! And then they get to face BC in the Semis. HAHAHA! Good luck with that.

UVM gets outscored this weekend 7-0.
                      Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
                      ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post

I can't imagine that there has been any year like it, heck only 12 points from 1st to out of the playoffs...

The league, within itself, was crazy competitive this year, but its down nationally. I would not be shocked if UVM won it. I still say, and it may pain me to, that BC is the only team with a chance to make noise in the NCAA's, and even they are flawed.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrier520 View Post
                          Considering they'd have to Elephant Walk their way out of the Whitt with 2 victories-- I don't think they have 2 victories there in history! And then they get to face BC in the Semis. HAHAHA! Good luck with that.

yawn
                          It will be a lot closer than that. Just like MC will give BU all they can handle (and wouldn't shock anyone if they won), UVM will give UNH a tough series.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrier520 View Post

Jesus, you aren't that bright are you?? Oh and BTW UVM beat BC 2-1 this year and are 3-1-1 in their last 5 against BC. UNH will be more of a problem then BC.
                            Originally posted by Hokydad
                            Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

yawn
                              It will be a lot closer than that. Just like MC will give BU all they can handle (and wouldn't shock anyone if they won), UVM will give UNH a tough series.
                              We know how the weekend will go. BU will play like crap but still manage to pull out two victories (in two games, or three, doesn't matter). UVM will fail. UNH makes it to the semis. UNH fans are excited after they beat BU in the semis. Then they get the spit beat out of them by BC after being spotted a 5 goal lead. We've seen this playoffs many times before.
                              Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
                              ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

Jesus, you aren't that bright are you??
                                His name is Jesus? Or were you praying before you started posting? Because usually the halo he's shown with in pictures makes him look pretty bright . . .

Flame on, Christian Soldiers . . .
                                I haven't been on here in a year...
                                Now I'm a dad. Holy crap.

Comment

Working...
                                X