X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hockey East: Anyones Tournament

From INCH's notebook regarding the HE tourney :

"And don’t count out the surging Northeastern Huskies and"

Huh?? Apparently Jeff Howe is a NU fan??
    Originally posted by Hokydad
    Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by Chickens@NU View Post
      And blaise was too drunk to make a coherent argument...:P
      That's usually when the best arguments are made...

Comment

Originally posted by thecomicbookguy View Post
        Past performance is quantifiable, via wins and losses (and, if we're talking RS, ties). I don't see how that's not a stat. Most stats are non-predictive; they tell you how a player/team has played to this point, but they don't tell you how they'll play tonight.
        Past perfomance tells you how an entirely different team played against entirely different competition. It says zero about the current team, with the exception of the coaching staff.

Listen I'm not saying it means nothing because it does show the ability of the coaching staff to prepare a team for the post season. I was only saying that it really is a good indication, at least GAA or GPG is indicative of the current players against the current teams. Little Nicky would like the NC handed to BC every year because of past success........I only made the point that past success doesn't translate into future success.

This turned into a huge freaking deal with everyone taking little snippets and referring to them out of context with out reading the entire thread. Don't get me wrong I don't expect anything more on this forum, but man, one little point got blown into 4-5 pages of flaming.

I am lost as to how this one little point has become so hard to grasp. But yes I am saying the exact same thing you are "but they don't tell you how they'll play tonight."

Comment

Interesting Hendrickson is picking all sweeps.

That ensures there will be an upset of some kind

Comment

This thread is just beautiful . . . simply awesome.
            I haven't been on here in a year...
            Now I'm a dad. Holy crap.

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
              Past perfomance tells you how an entirely different team played against entirely different competition. It says zero about the current team, with the exception of the coaching staff.

Listen I'm not saying it means nothing because it does show the ability of the coaching staff to prepare a team for the post season. I was only saying that it really is a good indication, at least GAA or GPG is indicative of the current players against the current teams. Little Nicky would like the NC handed to BC every year because of past success........I only made the point that past success doesn't translate into future success.

This turned into a huge freaking deal with everyone taking little snippets and referring to them out of context with out reading the entire thread. Don't get me wrong I don't expect anything more on this forum, but man, one little point got blown into 4-5 pages of flaming.

I am lost as to how this one little point has become so hard to grasp. But yes I am saying the exact same thing you are "but they don't tell you how they'll play tonight."
              Yet you like to throw out how incredible UVM is because in the past 10 years, they've made the frozen 4 twice... typical...

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
                Yet you like to throw out how incredible UVM is because in the past 10 years, they've made the frozen 4 twice... typical...
                Yeah, show me where I have said anything of the sort.........

Comment

Yeah, show me where I have said anything of the sort.........
                  How about every argument you have with UML... yeah, that's what I thought.

Comment

Erroneous. Don't give them any more credit than they deserve.
                    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

How about every argument you have with UML... yeah, that's what I thought.
                      Show me. If that's the case then it shouldn't be too hard.......

Find a post where I even implied that UVM's record over the past 10 years, and a frozen four appearance means they are great. You can't because it didn't happen. What a tool, and now an obvious liar as well. But hey what can you expect for a delusioned cracked out UML fan???

Make things up and then pretend they are the word of God.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                        Erroneous. Don't give them any more credit than they deserve.
                        Facts have no place in a post from a UML fan. Silly Nick

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post

*****http://www.newmexiconuts.net/catalog/tumbleweed.jpg******

...Whoa... what was that?? A Merrimack fan?

...No...
                          Well placed, an updated picture of Volpe/Lawler!

Comment

Facts have no place in a post from a UML fan. Silly Nick
                            LOL

he's not on your side.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                              LOL

he's not on your side.
                              Actually I think everyone is in agreement that Lowell fans are on crack.....

Fighting the good fight

Comment

Originally posted by SPIN CONTROL View Post
                                Actually I think everyone is in agreement that Lowell fans are on crack.....

Lowell fans on Crack? Where on earth would Lowell fans... find...Crack.. oh right.... Lowell...

Comment

Working...
                                X