PDA

View Full Version : D-III selection

LtPowers
03-09-2010, 09:53 AM
I can't find an article on USCHO about the selection of D-III tourney teams and location. The women's front page is all D-I, as we all well know, but both the D-I women and the D-III men got selection-Sunday articles. Where is the D-III women article?

Powers &8^]

score1
03-09-2010, 10:56 AM
I can't find an article on USCHO about the selection of D-III tourney teams and location. The women's front page is all D-I, as we all well know, but both the D-I women and the D-III men got selection-Sunday articles. Where is the D-III women article?

Powers &8^]

2009-2010 NCAA Women's Division III National Tournament

Qualifying Teams: 7

First round: March 12, 13 or 14 at a participating school
Semifinals: March 19 at a participating school
Finals: March 20 at same location as semifinals

Format: No. 1 seed gets bye, No. 7 seed plays No. 2 seed, No. 6 seed plays No. 3 seed, No. 5 seed plays No. 4 seed in first round. In semifinals, No. 1 seed plays lowest remaining seed, other two remaining seeds meet. Winners meet in NCAA final.

Automatic Qualifiers: ECAC East, ECAC West, MIAC, NCHA, NESCAC

NCAA Division III Women's Ice Hockey Committee: Garnet Asmundson, Hamline coach (chair); Steven E. Nelson, Wisconsin-Superior athletic director; Cheryl Aaron, Massachusetts-Boston assistant athletic director; Michael Letzeisen, ECAC Division III director of sport administration; Andrew McPhee, Trinity coach.

2009-2010 Tournament Bracket
Q'rfinals -- 3/13 Semis -- 3/19 Final -- 3/20 Champion

(1)Amherst

(4)Gustavus Adolphus
(5)Wis.-River Falls
(3)Plattsburgh
(6)Norwich

(2)Elmira
(7)Trinity

Read more: http://www.uscho.com/ncaawd3/#ixzz0hhAv81DQ

hahaha
03-09-2010, 11:04 AM
http://www.ncaa.com/sports/w-hockey/spec-rel/030810aaa.html

I think this is the article you're looking for.

LtPowers
03-09-2010, 05:25 PM
Yeah, I found the tournament bracket but there was no accompanying article like there was for the other tournaments.

I was hoping for some coverage on USCHO itself, but the NCAA article is better than nothing.

Powers &8^]

Derek Dunning
03-09-2010, 05:27 PM
Yeah, I found the tournament bracket but there was no accompanying article like there was for the other tournaments.

I was hoping for some coverage on USCHO itself, but the NCAA article is better than nothing.

Powers &8^]

Currently working on previews for all three quarterfinal games as we speak.

jerrynu26
03-10-2010, 09:48 AM
Currently working on previews for all three quarterfinal games as we speak.

Hard to call them quarterfinals:eek: , when there are only 3! ;)

Playdowns maybe....

By the way, excellent pick on the ECAC-East tourney!