Clear All

• ecac refs

are they the worst in college hockey

hell ya 100%^
    I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Re: ecac refs

Shouldn't this be a poll......

.......with only one possible answer??
    9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
    1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

Comment

I thought that the guys on sunday at the Q did good. I saw the game at princeton on friday night they were ok as well.

How was up noth??? Was the series up in Albany bad? what about north country? WHo were the first round playoff refs for the series around the league?

I know that Richie and Hicks were in princeton of friday and Ernst and O'brian were in the Q on Sunday.

ANY INFO PEOPLE????

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyguy View Post
        I thought that the guys on sunday at the Q did good. I saw the game at princeton on friday night they were ok as well.

How was up noth??? Was the series up in Albany bad? what about north country? WHo were the first round playoff refs for the series around the league?

I know that Richie and Hicks were in princeton of friday and Ernst and O'brian were in the Q on Sunday.

ANY INFO PEOPLE????
        Baker I'm convinced is a permanent resident of Potsdam. He's more one-sided when it comes to RPI games than any "homer" color commentator in this country. And I'm not just basing my argument upon this game, I'm basing it upon his past 3 years that I have seen him officiate.

Granted I don't know how much I can talk, because we'd still let the refs know about their job performance even after winning. I think Kotyra remembered me though, since he gave a wave during the warm-ups of the Colgate game.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyguy View Post

ANY INFO PEOPLE????
          In the North Country it was John Murphy and Chip MacDonald. They were horribly inconsistent and caused a lot of frustration but in the end their inconsistency did not matter as the teams reached the right result based on who played better. It just took longer. There was a lot of interference and obstruction by Clarkson to slow down the SLU forecheck.

Still have never seen a screw job like Kotyra put on SLU a few years back at Colgate, and never hope I do again. That had anything that happened this week beat by a country mile!

I actually was less ****ed off about the officiating than most because their errors were on letting them play and SLU deserved some calls which were not made although I would say those were 60-80% fewer in number than Clarkson.

Comment

Originally posted by Got 6, Want More View Post
            In the North Country it was John Murphy and Chip MacDonald. They were horribly inconsistent and caused a lot of frustration but in the end their inconsistency did not matter as the teams reached the right result based on who played better. It just took longer. There was a lot of interference and obstruction by Clarkson to slow down the SLU forecheck.

Still have never seen a screw job like Kotyra put on SLU a few years back at Colgate, and never hope I do again. That had anything that happened this week beat by a country mile!

I actually was less ****ed off about the officiating than most because their errors were on letting them play and SLU deserved some calls which were not made although I would say those were 60-80% fewer in number than Clarkson.
            To be honest, I don't get ticked about the Murphies anymore, because I know what to expect. Of course, if I give myself about 5-10 more years, I'll probably become so apathetic that I'll laugh this thread off.

Comment

I'm shocked - SHOCKED - to find this thread populated with RPI and SLU fans...
              If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                I'm shocked - SHOCKED - to find this thread populated with RPI and SLU fans...
                Here, I'll give two words to get the Cornell fans involved:

Alex Dell.

Comment

I've never liked the ECAC refs. In my four years at Colgate, we've always thought there have been bad calls by the zebras. Fortunately Colgate fans aren't the only ones complaining, as these "bad calls" seem to happen at virtually EVERY ECAC game. The following names make me cringe:

-John Murphy
                  -Peter Feola
                  -Tim Kotyra
                  -Alex Dell
                  -Chip McDonald
                  -Mike Baker
                  -Andy O'Brien

Oh, and thankfully Eugene Binda Jr. doesn't ref in this league. He was the WORST. (Just look at RPI-Colgate Game 2 in the 2007 1st round.)
                  Colgate '09

Comment

yes rainman for sure
                    I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Originally posted by Rainman View Post
                      I've never liked the ECAC refs. In my four years at Colgate, we've always thought there have been bad calls by the zebras. Fortunately Colgate fans aren't the only ones complaining, as these "bad calls" seem to happen at virtually EVERY ECAC game. The following names make me cringe:

-John Murphy
                      -Peter Feola
                      -Tim Kotyra
                      -Alex Dell
                      -Chip McDonald
                      -Mike Baker
                      -Andy O'Brien

Oh, and thankfully Eugene Binda Jr. doesn't ref in this league. He was the WORST. (Just look at RPI-Colgate Game 2 in the 2007 1st round.)
                      No Saint fan will ever believe you have a reason not to like Tim Kotyra. The only time I have ever seen more one-sided officiating than the SLU-Colgate Series about 5 years ago at the hands of Kotyra was in fall 1987 when we played at Western Michigan and the CCHA ref delivered a screw job of the century.

In my opinion, the worst ref ever (also no longer in the ECAC) was Frank Murphy.

I just hope we get someone decent for this weekend. All I ask for is consistency. THAT IS IT!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rainman View Post
                        That's the first time I've heard BOTH bands play Three Blind Mice in unison.

Comment

No Saint fan will ever believe you have a reason not to like Tim Kotyra. The only time I have ever seen more one-sided officiating than the SLU-Colgate Series about 5 years ago at the hands of Kotyra was in fall 1987 when we played at Western Michigan and the CCHA ref delivered a screw job of the century.
                          You probably didn't see the ice breaker game of RPI vs. Minnesota in 2007. We spent the whole third period in the box, and blew a 3-0 lead because of it. They also tried it at the GLI this year, but were unsuccessful. It was SO nice to see 10,000 Wolverine fans cry.

In my opinion, the worst ref ever (also no longer in the ECAC) was Frank Murphy.
                          Unfortunately he got a pay raise, as he's now in the AHL.

I just hope we get someone decent for this weekend. All I ask for is consistency. THAT IS IT!!!
                          Even if the refs are consistently s***?

Comment

all you guys are talking about the northern series. I really thought the one in Princeton and the one in Hamden were done well. Hopefully some of those guys move on

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                              You probably didn't see the ice breaker game of RPI vs. Minnesota in 2007. We spent the whole third period in the box, and blew a 3-0 lead because of it. They also tried it at the GLI this year, but were unsuccessful. It was SO nice to see 10,000 Wolverine fans cry.

Unfortunately he got a pay raise, as he's now in the AHL.

Even if the refs are consistently s***?
                              I didn't see the icebreaker but that game at Western Michigan. Well, SLU was in the National Championship that season (where a Hockey East official jobbed them in the championship game ), and while at WMU we had a 6-1 lead going into the third. We played two men short for about 16-18 minutes of the third period and OT and lost 7-6 in OT. It was phantom call after phantom call. You have to expect that when you play on the road (especially in the CCHA, but also WCHA and HE)...we got homer officiating at Maine this year. ECAC is the only league where the refs actually seem to give the benefit to the visitors from other leagues.

My first choice is that they are good and consistent. Realizing that is pure fantasy, my second choice is that they are consistent so guys know what they can and can't do based on what was called in the period before. I know, I know....I'll spend my time wishing for things more likely such as budget surpluses in the next year!

Comment

Working...
                              X