X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cornell at Harvard, Friday 7 p.m.

Time is set, finally.

Re: Cornell at Harvard, Friday 7 p.m.

My guess is Harvard went with the Friday night game because spring break starts Friday, and they're hoping more students will come? Do other schools have that issue? I haven't paid as close attention to that before. Harvard's break used to be a couple weeks later in the semester.

Comment

Originally posted by dave1381 View Post
      My guess is Harvard went with the Friday night game because spring break starts Friday, and they're hoping more students will come? Do other schools have that issue? I haven't paid as close attention to that before. Harvard's break used to be a couple weeks later in the semester.
      Maybe they didn't want both of their hockey teams' seasons to end the same night against Cornell.
      Give My Regards to Davy...

Comment

Let's Go Red!!!:d :d

Comment

well, that just s***s that it's Friday night. I have a family obligation that I can't do anything about.

It's weird, but family members think they come before hockey!

Comment

Originally posted by Crimson Hockey Fan View Post
            Not in my house
            "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

Originally posted by Crimson Hockey Fan View Post
              well, that just s***s that it's Friday night. I have a family obligation that I can't do anything about.

LOL---

Comment

BC draws more students than Harvard, so it can't be that.

Comment

Originally posted by Hux View Post
                  BC draws more students than Harvard, so it can't be that.
                  I feel students have typically turned out ok for NCAA games. I wasn't at the Dartmouth game in 2008, but Mercyhurst in 2005 had a decent home crowd (though it probably took some time, and grew as the game went many overtimes).

Comment

Harvard is on the new academic calendar which pushes up Spring Break by two weeks. They are most likely scheduling the game for Friday in the hopes that the band will stick around and lend some support. We don't get a big student contingent so I don't think that factored into the decision.

Comment

I feel students have typically turned out ok for NCAA games. I wasn't at the Dartmouth game in 2008, but Mercyhurst in 2005 had a decent home crowd (though it probably took some time, and grew as the game went many overtimes).
                      That game had more adults than students. It really is the norm for crowds at the Bright. Parents, friends of parents, and alums like myself who want to support our school's teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
                        Harvard is on the new academic calendar which pushes up Spring Break by two weeks. They are most likely scheduling the game for Friday in the hopes that the band will stick around and lend some support. We don't get a big student contingent so I don't think that factored into the decision.
                        Ok sure, the band is made of students.

That game had more adults than students. It really is the norm for crowds at the Bright. Parents, friends of parents, and alums like myself who want to support our school's teams.
                        Agreed. But I think that was probably one of the more active student sections I can recall at a Harvard women's game. They were outnumbered by Mercyhurst fans in the first period, but I remember their Corriero chants well from when Nicole scored her fourth.

Comment

Ok sure, the band is made of students.

Agreed. But I think that was probably one of the more active student sections I can recall at a Harvard women's game. They were outnumbered by Mercyhurst fans in the first period, but I remember their Corriero chants well from when Nicole scored her fourth.
                          Well right Dave, I know the band is comprised of students. I was just saying that they are more likely to stay than your average student because they are supposed to be supporting our athletic teams.

I thought you were referring to the Dartmouth game in the first round of the NCAAs in '08. True, the Mercyhurst game in '05 had a big student contingent. We had far more students attending from 2000 - 2005, then the dropoff. Actually, we've had an overall drop in attendance these past few years with the exception of the 2008 ECAC tournament finale.

Comment

Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
                            I thought you were referring to the Dartmouth game in the first round of the NCAAs in '08. True, the Mercyhurst game in '05 had a big student contingent. We had far more students attending from 2000 - 2005, then the dropoff. Actually, we've had an overall drop in attendance these past few years with the exception of the 2008 ECAC tournament finale.
                            Ok, sorry for the confusion, thanks for the info.

Comment

Go Red!
                              (where the heart beats)

bleep.

Comment

Working...
                              X